Fantasy Football (NFL)

Started by aMD, Aug 19, 2007, 08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taterbug

It was a tough call but I kept MJD & Manning,  I drafted Edge to my team in his rookie  season and have kept him every year, last year was a huge letdown.  I might have to put his jersey in the back of my closet next to my Rashaan Salaam and Curtis Enis jersey ( both christmas gifts ).  I'm not taking credit for spending my money for those two  slack asses.   I tried to give them to a homeless guy and he said no way ( just kiddin ).  
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Jon T.

yesssssssssssssssss   ;D

.Walt

tonights the night!!! so nervous.  ::)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

knotcameloose

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070831

Bill Simmon's top 50 list over on ESPN.

Good for a laugh if nothing else.

.Walt

alright, i had my money league draft tonight. first, i love live draft parties, BUT jesus fucking christ, does it take forever. it took around 4 hours when it was all said and done.  everyone was pretty wasted, only a few weren't (including me).

but now my team (the week 1 starters)...
QB - Carson Palmer (Man-crush)
WR -Joey Galloway (over 1,000 the last two years, now has a better Qb can't hurt)
WR - Plaxico Burress (hoping for 1,100 9 TD
RB - Larry Johnson (4th pick overall, solid)
RB - Cedric Benson (hoping for Thomas Jones like numbers)
/ - Cadillac Williams (better Qb, upgraded line, and can't be as bad as last year)
TE - Tony Gonzalez (you know what you're going to get with Gonzo)
K - Jeff Wilkins (love indoor kickers)
DEF - Philly D

Trying to work out a deal to get my boy Randy Moss. I have Vince Young and Matt Hasselback (trade bait). So hopefully i can trade one of them and get a solid number one receiver. a lot of hoping going on.

aMD

Hey Corey, I noticed both you and your bro wussed out on your bama picks.   :P

corey

hehehe... Yeah. Well, he still has Alexander.

Darby got signed to practice squad this week, so I had to drop him. Also, I needed to add another kicker in case Graham doesn't get to start this week, so it was the smart thing to do.

As far as Chris dropping Croyle, he said that he may pick him back up if Huard shits himself outta the starting job in the first few games.  :)

.Walt

soon there will be football!!

lets just make this the NFL thread  ;D

LizKing531

Got on a fantasy league at work (total newbie to that shit)

Here's how it ended up:  (on complete autopick-except for my defense, I was orginally drafted AZ's defense sheesh!!)

Delhomme, Jake QB CAR    
Johnson, Rudi RB CIN    
Parker, Willie RB PIT  6  
Boldin, Anquan WR ARI    
Johnson, Calvin WR DET    
Williams, Roy WR DET    
Smith, L.J. TE PHI    
Colts, Indianapolis IND  DST  
Kaeding, Nate K SD  
Pollard, Marcus TE SEA  
Porter, Quinton QB HOU  
Lewis, Jamal RB CLE  
Taylor, Chester RB MIN  
Bruce, Isaac WR STL
Jones, Brandon WR TEN  
Smith, Hunter P IND

knotcameloose

Y'all should go through the matchups and vote on which one will win in each pairing.

Good way to get some smack talk going...

;D

aMD

Best recognize, bitches!!! This is my league.  Hope you all have fun competing for second place.

K, Red, whatever your name is, I hope you're ready to go down this week!

How's that for smack talk? ;)

aMD

Okay, I've double posted in both NFL threads, can you tell I'm excited!?!  Three more hours, baby!

I've got two fantasy dogs in the fight tonight: Dallas Clark and the saints kicker.  I hope the saints kick all field goals tonight!  I've also got Anthony Gonzalez on the bench.  I have a feeling I'll be playing him a lot this season but it's his first game in the league so I think I'll let him sit.

come on you pussies, too yellow to talk smack!?

red

Quotecome on you pussies, too yellow to talk smack!?
Oh, it's on once I get home from work.  

corey

So...
If we make substitutions, can we do them in the middle of the weekend, or do we have to wait until there are no games?

Example, if someone's RB gets injured in the first quarter, can they run in and change their line-up in the middle of a game?

aMD

I don't think so.  As a matter of fact I think it might already be too late.  I just tried to make anthony gonzalez a starter and it didn't let me.

corey

Gotcha. I'm set. I was just curious.

knotcameloose

I'm not sure what the deadline is....24 hours before first game of the week, something like that.
Something to keep in mind for Thanksgiving week, etc.

Right, your lineups are set in stone for the week once that deadline passes.

ManNamedTruth

I shouldn't have let Ladell Betts go, i could've sworn it said he was on the practice squad??
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

.Walt

QuoteI shouldn't have let Ladell Betts go, i could've sworn it said he was on the practice squad??

i know you shouldn't have. thank you!! i snatched him up. had too, i have portis. i was pissed when they drafted him for you, because i was going for him that round.

.Walt

QuoteI'm not sure what the deadline is....24 hours before first game of the week, something like that.
Something to keep in mind for Thanksgiving week, etc.

Right, your lineups are set in stone for the week once that deadline passes.

i'm pretty sure you can switch your players up until 30mins to kickoff. of that players game. it could be 5mins, but i think its 30mins.

example: if you have one player on the sunday night game, you can switch him for a player playing the monday night game. just as long as its 30mins before kickoff. hope that makes sense.

good luck ya'll!!.....thats me talking shit  >:( (gameface)