Fantasy Football (NFL)

Started by aMD, Aug 19, 2007, 08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

realdeal

Is anyone using FOX Sports for their team? Has anyone been able to load the real time scoring? There must be some glich because last night it would not keep score. This sucks. Anyone else having this problem.

knotcameloose

Peyton and Vinateri gave me a nice little head start for Sunday.

;D

knotcameloose

Goddammit.

My receivers killed me in the early games.  Lee Evans and Stallworth only mustered one catch each...Chris Chambers didn't do much against Washington.

I need the Giants to pick me up here with Jacobs and Shockey...hopefully LT has a good second half as well.

Does anyone remember the Yahoo league thing with head to head wins vs overall points?  Who makes the playoffs, etc.

corey

FUCK!
I learned my lesson about not watching who is playing who from week to week. I have Rivers as my starting QB. The Chargers had the fucking BEARS this week, while my back-up QB (Roethlisberger) was against the Browns. Why the fuck didn't I look at that sort of thing? That's a no-brainer.

Also, Terry Glenn is possibly out for the season, but other sources are saying that he's not. He's not one of my starters, but he's on the bench.

One more thing... my first string TE (Gonzalez) didn't have that great a game... and I'm sittin' here watching Witten (who is on my bench this week) run all over the Giants.

Oh, and there's that whole thing about how Gonzalez may not have played this year, but they didn't release that info until late yesterday. (That really sucks for him, btw)

ManNamedTruth

Fuck, i should've started Tony Romo over Brees. Huge disaster there. Who would've thought?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

.Walt

wow k you had a great week. the vikings d was on point. AMD still has the whole freaking bengals offense.

K, i want the freak. i need the freak!! lets work out a trade??

i'm pretty sure i'm going to "pull-out" the W, so maybe now i'll talk some smack?...no probably not. i'm keeping my mouth shut, at least until week 6.

in my money league, i'm down 11. i still have Carson going, so this is going to be a great monday night football game.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

aMD

Yeah, K's kicking ass, but I'm not out of this race yet.  Plaxico and Marion Barber really helped me out last night. I need to the Bengals to have a big offensive game though.  Let's go Bengals!

Who DEY!!!!

knotcameloose

One more thing... my first string TE (Gonzalez) didn't have that great a game... and I'm sittin' here watching Witten (who is on my bench this week) run all over the Giants.

TEs are tricky.  Take Eric Johnson on the Saints, for example.  He had 8 or 9 catches for 56 yards or something like that against the Colts, which is a good game.  But in fantasy, that's only five points, whereas a guy like Shockey or Gonzales, who get TD catches can rack up the points.  So unless your TE is catching TDs, he's probably worthless, or worth only pocket change every game.

knotcameloose

QuoteYeah, K's kicking ass, but I'm not out of this race yet.  Plaxico and Marion Barber really helped me out last night. I need to the Bengals to have a big offensive game though.  Let's go Bengals!

Who DEY!!!!
Oh man....Jacobs and Shockey killed me....and Lee Evans, Stallworth et al.

Hopefully B'more won't B'less tonight and everyone can rebound next week.

Bills and Eagles had tough losses in week one....

.Walt

QuoteYeah, K's kicking ass, but I'm not out of this race yet.  Plaxico and Marion Barber really helped me out last night. I need to the Bengals to have a big offensive game though.  Let's go Bengals!

Who DEY!!!!

If you win AMD this could make you a fantasy guru/genius/god!!

Damn it K check this thread, so we can work out a deal for Moss. or does your silence mean everything?
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

bowl of soup

I'll take that (and the soup's not done cookin' just yet), especially with getting nothing from MJD and a less than stellar outing from Westbrook.  Just got hammered in my money league - we play 2 games a week and I lost them both.  Nothing like your #2 RB taking it on the knee in the 2nd quarter to open the season.  I also feel the pain for my fellow Lee Evans, Roy Williams, and Drew Brees owners - blah.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

aMD

Who DEY!!!!

If you win AMD this could make you a fantasy guru/genius/god!!

Damn it K check this thread, so we can work out a deal for Moss. or does your silence mean everything?

yeah, I guess I HAVE to root for the Bengals tonight!   ;)

What an epic week one battle!  I'll be pretty disappointed if I don't win, though.

WHO DEY!!!

corey

Chad's having himself a nice game so far. Between him and Palmer, you may be racking up some good points, aMD.

aMD

QuoteChad's having himself a nice game so far. Between him and Palmer, you may be racking up some good points, aMD.

I've got tj, rudi, and carson.  but no chad.  I need tj to have two TDs or Rudi to have three to have a chance.  not looking good so far.   :-/

corey

Is it just me, or are the Bengals doing a good job defensively tonight? Who woulda thunk it?

aMD

no shit. i wish i would've taken the bengals defense, 6 takeaways!

I don't think that'll be enough to beat K this week.  oh well, i'll take the win for the bengals and I can get healthy against true next week, he should be a push over. :)

EAZYE

Corey, tell your brother I said thanks for the ass-whoopin, :-/  And I'll be lookin for him the second time around ;)
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

corey

I may have fucked all of us by asking him to join.  :)  
I have to face him this weekend.

aMD

QuoteI may have fucked all of us by asking him to join.  :)  
I have to face him this weekend.

We'll have to call this sunday rivalry sunday.

Corey vs his bro
Me vs True

May the smack talk commence!  ;D

Jon T.

Does anyone know if the waivers are set.  People have been picking up players all weekend and it's usually set up to where you can't make any transactions until Wednesday.