Fantasy Football (NFL)

Started by aMD, Aug 19, 2007, 08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corey

I know that Chris picked up Chris Brown after he ran all over the Jaguars on Sunday. I think he got him a couple of hours after the game.

How many drop/adds can we do?

I may have to kick Terry Glenn to the curb if he's not going to be playing for the next month.

EDIT: Kicked Glenn to the curb and picked up Muhsin Muhammad. Maybe that'll work out for me. I also made a couple of adjustments to my line-up for this coming week's games.

knotcameloose

I had a bad, bad week all around.

LT was off his game.

Jacobs gets hurt, Eli scores more points than his brother, but now he's down for a while.

B'more defense is off, Lee Evans shits the bed, Stallworth was in Moss' shadow.

Hopefully this was just a one week disaster and I can come back.

Jon T.

There is usually a waiver wire in place.  If you look on the league homepage is shows waiver positions.  It's set up so you can't add or drop players during the games and usually a day or two after.  You can try and make a move but it won't accept it until after the waiting period.  Then it processes all the transactions based on waiver position.  So number one would get his request first then number two and so on.  I know a lot of sites have problems during the first week so I was just wondering if the transactions are going to be reversed or if the waivers aren't turned on.  No big deal I'm just curious for the future.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteI know that Chris picked up Chris Brown after he ran all over the Jaguars on Sunday. I think he got him a couple of hours after the game.

I may have to kick Terry Glenn to the curb if he's not going to be playing for the next month.

EDIT: Kicked Glenn to the curb and picked up Muhsin Muhammad. Maybe that'll work out for me. I also made a couple of adjustments to my line-up for this coming week's games.

I got RB Ward of the Giants a couple hours after that sunday night game. I feel good about that addition.

I'm thinking about trading one of my QB's (Brees, Romo) for possibly a running back. Anyone interested?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

bama37

what's up fellows? first of all, thanx for letting me join your league! it's going to be fun kickin your ass. ;D this is my first year to play fantasy football, so i'm not still not used to the rules. you wanna see something scary? go through all the weeks and see which players have a bye. there are a couple of weeks where half of my team has a bye. i'm going to get my ass whooped those weeks. again thanx for letting me join your league, it's going to be a fun year!

bama37

hey easy e, your welcome on the ass-whoopin! ;D next time i'll just beat u by 20! ;)

bowl of soup

QuoteI know that Chris picked up Chris Brown after he ran all over the Jaguars on Sunday. I think he got him a couple of hours after the game.

I got RB Ward of the Giants a couple hours after that sunday night game. I feel good about that addition.

I'm thinking about trading one of my QB's (Brees, Romo) for possibly a running back. Anyone interested?

I'd take Brees off your hands for one of my backs with the exception of Westbrook.  I've got 4 other # 1's - Jones-Drew, Lamont Jordan, Edge, Tatum Bell.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

red

aMD

yeah, yeah. got game, k!

I'm thinking about buying the stat tracker.  it was pretty cool.

A couple of questions, I'm guessing the four teams with the best record get into the playoffs and total points is used as a tie-breaker, right?  Second, on the league ranking page we all have a waiver number, i'm #7, what is that all about?

ManNamedTruth

I'd take Brees off your hands for one of my backs with the exception of Westbrook.  I've got 4 other # 1's - Jones-Drew, Lamont Jordan, Edge, Tatum Bell.
Check your fantasy page.

.Walt

true, you know i have a bunch of rb's. cedric benson, larry johnson, laurence maroney, clinton portis/ladell betts and brandon jackson. just so happens i would love to take brees off you hands.

since k won't trade me my favorite player on my favorite team.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

would love to trade a rb for a top notch receiver too.

ManNamedTruth

Quotetrue, you know i have a bunch of rb's. cedric benson, larry johnson, laurence maroney, clinton portis/ladell betts and brandon jackson. just so happens i would love to take brees off you hands.

since k won't trade me my favorite player on my favorite team.

I already proposed a trade with bowl of soup for edge. Arizona looks commited to the running game this year with Wisenhunt.

bowl of soup

Check your fantasy page. [/quote]

I've accepted pending league approval.

knotcameloose

Check your fantasy page.  
I've accepted pending league approval

Seems fair to me.

Brees is low now with a bad first week, but they should be equal value over the course of the season.

Anyone who disagrees can voice their opinion.

.Walt

i so badly wanna veto the trade. only because i'm selfish and wanna piece of the action.

but i didn't veto it, it does seem fair. although i think whoever gets brees is going to be happier in the long run. although true does have a qb to spare. so he's really only gaining.

.Walt

questions answered: you can pick up players at anytime. also there isn't a max on pick ups, so its unlimited.

also, AMD statTracker is the shit isn't!?!. i had it last year only because i had 4 teams, so it was worth it. (bought for baseball) still not  sure about this year yet.  or you could just keep us updated, that would be cool.

this IS rivalry week, good luck to all. even you Bowl of Soup. who's going to stay undefeated?

bowl of soup

Quotequestions answered: you can pick up players at anytime. also there isn't a max on pick ups, so its unlimited.

also, AMD statTracker is the shit isn't!?!. i had it last year only because i had 4 teams, so it was worth it. (bought for baseball) still not  sure about this year yet.  or you could just keep us updated, that would be cool.

this IS rivalry week, good luck to all. even you Bowl of Soup. who's going to stay undefeated?

Very even match-up if you ask me.  I have a couple of your key players on another team (TO and LJ) so I'm conflicted.  Trade makes sense to me - he needs RB's and I have depth there; I'm shaky at QB and he has an extra.  I predict big bowls of gumbo.

.Walt

if anyone wants to be in another league, i have one drafting at 8:30 central.

5 spots are open
yahoo
ID# 645525
password football

aMD

Quoteif anyone wants to be in another league, i have one drafting at 8:30 central.

5 spots are open
yahoo
ID# 645525
password football

i'm in.  thanks for the invite.  I'm getting into this fantasy stuff.  Do you know the other folks in this league?