Get Well, Jim!!!

Started by aMillionDreams, Oct 08, 2008, 08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Love Dogg

I was literally entering Chicago (I was passing US Cellular Field-where the White Sox play) for the first time in my life Wednesday, after a long drive up from Louisville, when my friend called me and told me what happened.  I went straight to Schuba's to check it out for myself. I went through the main stages of the grieving process (still am in some ways) and have ultimately come to the conclusion that everything is going to be okay.  I mean, you're Jim mufuckin' James, man!

The only thing that concerns me is the psychological impact this may take on you.  The injury is serious, yes, but the body can heal.  The mind is what can fuck it all up.  But if that starts to happen to you, listen to your heart.  It will lead you back to the stage.  When that happens, I think you should kick off with Off the Record, just to get it out of the way.

I was very, very scared when I heard the news.  I was reminded of the feeling I get when I listen to you or think of you, and was afraid it was all over.  I projected myself to all those people who followed the Grateful Dead and Jerry Garcia, and immediately understood what it must have been like to hear the bad newses they received.  I acknowledge your impact on not only my life and the lifeline of music, but also the world as a whole.  I'm just so very thankful that your injury seems to be recoverable and that the news is not worse...ie, Curtis Mayfield 1990.  But I was glad to know that you did it during the show and not on the basketball court.  Heros are made when their sacrifices happen while doing that for which they love, and the passion that leads their life.  You have earned your Purple Heart.

Take care my cosmic friend.  Chalk this up officially as the Evil Urges Fall Tour, shake it off, and get well soon.  Write more tunes, make babies with Grace Potter, and don't let your fears overcome your conscience.  We love you, and we are faithful disciples.  PEACE!

Toby
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

suebeeboo

OOWWWWIE!  Poor Jim!  Here's wishing him a speedy recovery!  We love you!

Peace,
Sue
other times I can barely see

Janet

Hey Jim,

I hope that you can feel the warm wave of love flowing your way.   There are a lot of people out here that care a lot about you and are wishing for a speedy recovery.  Sure, we're bummed about missing you in Chicago - but we're in it for the long haul and know that our paths will cross many times again.  

Be well.

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

A_delle

Jim,
I was so worried when I heard about your fall (I work in a rehab hospital, so I know what injuries can look like!). I truly hope you are taking it easy, healing quickly (ah, youth!), staying positive and that your injuries were not serious enough to affect your performing. But MOST of all, that you will be able to be back in the swing of things right quick!

best thoughts your way!
namaste,
A_delle

p.s. cuz we need us some more live JJ!!!!
-i got a fever,
and the only prescription
is more cowbell!

JimForPresident

Get Well Jim - No Teddy bears. But thanks for rocking the hell out of Minneapolis last week. Nice Smokin'   See you soon.

EAZYE

I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

mtngurl

Get well Jim!
Love and soft ((((hugs)))) comin' at ya from Utah!
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill.