Favorite Places to Eat...

Started by rccola71, Jun 06, 2008, 05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

QuoteThere are loads of other places; normally family-run unremarkable restaurants in side streets.  A meal in a gem such as this can make an entire trip...
I found, those typically are the best places to eat.

QuoteThe Concrete - At "Ted Drews" shall not be forgotten by this living fan
Hey Brian, ask K about Drewes. I thought he was going to light up a cigarette after he ate his when he was here.  ;D

red

QuoteHey Brian, ask K about Drewes. I thought he was going to light up a cigarette after he ate his when he was here.  ;D
I'm sure I was in a dessert-induced trance.   ;D

megalicious

I like all the places Brad mentioned. Except Dreamland and 15th Street, because I haven't been there-- yet.

My faves:

1. My Grandmother Dowdy's kitchen: This is the home of the BEST southern cooking you will find anywhere.

2. Sorrento: it is a new Italian place in town. They make everything from scratch--from the pasta to the croutons. Their tiramisu is the mad note.

3. Yuki: a Japanese place in Bowling Green. It's right off 1-65 (exit 22), so some of y'all going from Nashville to Louisville for the shows next month could stop there for lunch. They have great sushi, and the best gyoza I've ever tasted.

4. Johnny Ray's BBQ--an Alabama chain. Best BBQ. The pie is freaking amazing. Whenever I visit my dad, I make him take me out to Johnny Ray's.

5. Milo's: yet another AL chain. They have the best sweet tea in the world. You can even purchase it by the gallon in some stores. They make greasy burgers with this smoky "special sauce," and the fries are bathed in seasoning salt.

6. Ramsi's in Louisville: YUM. They make some killer hummus. Plus, the place is decorated really cool.

7. Mercado Hispanola: On 13th St in downtown Bowling Green. It's a market with a small cafe inside. They serve authentic Mexican food. If I didn't know some Spanish, I wouldn't even be able to eat there. I'm glad I do, because they make tacos al pastor which are insanely delicious and cheap.

I could go on and on, because I love to eat. The one place I'd like to go, but haven't gone yet: The Lady and Sons--Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah, GA. Any of y'all been there?
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

IHL

There is a little restaurant near me (about an 8 minute walk) that I have been going to for the last 6 years.

I go there every Saturday morning and have a full cooked English breakfast with all the trimmings. A good place to read the papers and plan your weekend, and to people watch by the window..

I don't think you'll get a better breakfast anyway...

(It's called Mrs Bridge's Kitchen).

World Famous

TEO

"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

crazylove

Carl's Perfect Pig  -  White Bluff, Tn.  The best ribs and pulled pork and sides, fried corn, green beans,  Banana Pudding .  OMG  Hog Heaven

Yat's  - Indianapolis(3 locations)  Really cheap creole that is fantastic.  $6.00 or less per person.  Love the crawfish etouffee.

Tracy,  what is with all of the pics of the handsome guy who looks like those guys that are in picture frames when you buy them?  Is there something I am missing?
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane