The 'Anyone Else Drinkin'?' Thread...

Started by dragonboy, Aug 24, 2006, 11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

QuoteI'm going to get some wine.  Any suggestions on what record I should listen to tonight?
Autumn evenings & wine?

Neil Young - Harvest or Harvest Moon?
Ryan Adams - Heartbreaker?
CCR - Cosmo's Factory?

Excellent, Neil Young sounds perfect.  Thank You!!

Winter and Whisky - The National, Dixie Dirt, The Black Angels, Smashing Pumpkins, Band Of Horses, Wolf Parade.
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

Quoteit just cold here this week.  i got my annual "it just got cold" cold.  got any recommendations for robitussin and xanex?

Explosions In The Sky
The Cure - Disentigration
Andrew Bird

red

"I'm so horny, even the crack of dawn better watch her back."

sweatboard

Quoteit just cold here this week.  i got my annual "it just got cold" cold.  got any recommendations for robitussin and xanex?

Explosions In The Sky
The Cure - Disentigration
Andrew Bird

a couch and a blanket

dragonboy

Hope you're feeling better soon Dylan. My wife is feeling shitty too. I just put the soothing sounds of The Greatest on for her (it's one of her favs)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

sweatboard

Quote"I'm so horny, even the crack of dawn better watch her back."

Marvin Gay
Luther Vandrose

dragonboy

QuoteNo Coltrane (I've been meaning to buy My Favorite Things for what seems like years) or Hartman.  

No Rat Pack either.  >:(  I really want that Sinatra album with him standing by a street lamp, damn that looks awesome (allmusic tells me it is too!).
Any reason why you're starting with that one? It's an excellent album (My Favorite Things) but most people start with Blue Train or Love Supreme.
I would personally go with Coltrane, it's my fav & an excellent all rounder that touches lots of different styles. Tunji is one of my fav songs of all time!
John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman, again, is an excellent album but it's a one off.
If you're looking for the lighter side of Coltrane I would go with Ballads or his album with Duke Ellington.

You need some Frank in your life K! I only have a 2 disc best of, need to work on that myself...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

BH

Oh hell, I just arrived and the last 10 posts were much more entertaining than the television I was watching!  Ha!

Red Wine again here.  I'm thinking about putting in OKONOKOS or PJ in Italy in a little while.  It's been to long.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjkoehler

Sitting on the couch with the Mrs. drinking this combo. mmm mmm good

sweatboard

QuoteOh hell, I just arrived and the last 10 posts were much more entertaining than the television I was watching!  Ha!

Red Wine again here.  I'm thinking about putting in OKONOKOS or PJ in Italy in a little while.  It's been to long.

You can't go wrong there, if only that damn Sigur Ros dvd was out.  This Tuesday!!!!  I can't friggin wait.

red

QuoteAny reason why you're starting with that one? It's an excellent album (My Favorite Things) but most people start with Blue Train or Love Supreme.
I would personally go with Coltrane, it's my fav & an excellent all rounder that touches lots of different styles. Tunji is one of my fav songs of all time!
John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman, again, is an excellent album but it's a one off.
If you're looking for the lighter side of Coltrane I would go with Ballads or his album with Duke Ellington.

You need some Frank in your life K! I only have a 2 disc best of, need to work on that myself...

Not sure why I wrote My Favorite Things, meant to type A Love Supreme.  Definitely overdue with any Coltrane.  And I need to expand my one Miles Davis collection.   :o

I'd like to drink with the Rat Pack.  Maybe pick up their leftover women....

Brian, come drink this tiny bit of vodka I have left (I'm not much of a fan).  Silent Sam's the name, not agreeing with my stomach's the game.  I think I should down in tonight, just to get rid of it once and for all, what to mix with?  Suggest something, I'll scrounge and see what I got...

dragonboy

QuoteYou can't go wrong there, if only that damn Sigur Ros dvd was out.  This Tuesday!!!!  I can't friggin wait.
Did you go for the Deluxe Edition with the 100 page book?
Amazon had it @ $27 down from $40! Like you said, due out next week but I won't get mine for another 10days or so  >:( :'(

red

That DVD's gonna be my introduction to Sigur Ros.  THAT TRAILER!!!

BH

Quotewhat to mix with?

Bloody Mary Mix  (V8?)

Icecubes?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

dragonboy

Good crowd in here tonight!  :)
A couple of girls @ the bar would be nice...I guess tonight is boy's night?  ;)

mjkoehler

Quotewhat to mix with?

any citrusy flavored soda and ice works. I also prefer grape juice and vodka.

red

Quoteany citrusy flavored soda and ice works. I also prefer grape juice and vodka.
I think I'm going to take that road.  V8/Tomato juice isn't one of my favourites, and straight vodka just kills me (Got absolutely destroyed years ago - a friend and I drank an entire bottle doing straight shots in half an hour.  Needless to say we were both throwing up and beyond recognition shortly thereafter).  I'd rather do 5 tequila shots than one of vodka.  Ugh...

mjkoehler

Quoteany citrusy flavored soda and ice works. I also prefer grape juice and vodka.
I think I'm going to take that road.  V8/Tomato juice isn't one of my favourites, and straight vodka just kills me (Got absolutely destroyed years ago - a friend and I drank an entire bottle doing straight shots in half an hour.  Needless to say we were both throwing up and beyond recognition shortly thereafter).  I'd rather do 5 tequila shots than one of vodka.  Ugh...

We've all been there brother. I'll take the vodka, you keep the tequila. ewww. That is a beverage created by evil Mexicans (and shitty rock stars) hell bent on killing us all!

dragonboy

Vodka is for girls, Tequila is the real deal  ;)

red

Well, it's about that time...Gonna hit the bed with a few drinks nearby and watch The Wire and eventually (hopefully) sleep.

Cheers and goodnight.