Started by dragonboy, Aug 24, 2006, 11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkeye

The album was supposed to be this:

This might come next:

We could.

dragonboy

How was the Fat Squirrel Seamus?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Hawkeye

QuoteHow was the Fat Squirrel Seamus?

It's good, you can really taste the hazelnut.  We picked up one of every kind they had and they were all very, very good.  This one was in my top 5 for sure, along with the Belgian Red, the Spotted Cow, the Smoked on the Porter (they smoked the barley with apple wood before brewing...you can literally still smell the smoke coming off of the beer!), and the Uff-Da Bock.  Anyone who lives anywhere near New Glarus, WI should make a trip up there at least once, it's worth it.  It sucks that the distribution is so limited.  I only live like 90 miles from the brewery and we can't get their beer here.
We could.

red

Folks, wish me luck, I've got the most intense three Saturdays ahead:

15th - Staff Christmas party
22nd - Friend Homecoming Christmas party (complete with return to the bowling alley)
29th - Cousin's wedding (probably going to be the funnest wedding I'll have attended)

My liver's gonna kill me, especially after the 22nd, that's gonna be a spectacular mess of a drunken stupor.  

.Walt

QuoteHow was the Fat Squirrel Seamus?

It's good, you can really taste the hazelnut.  We picked up one of every kind they had and they were all very, very good.  This one was in my top 5 for sure, along with the Belgian Red, the Spotted Cow, the Smoked on the Porter (they smoked the barley with apple wood before brewing...you can literally still smell the smoke coming off of the beer!), and the Uff-Da Bock.  Anyone who lives anywhere near New Glarus, WI should make a trip up there at least once, it's worth it.  It sucks that the distribution is so limited.  I only live like 90 miles from the brewery and we can't get their beer here.

i've had the spotted cow before, i thought it was pretty tasty. the uff-da bock sounds like something that would come from the upper midwest. i'll plan on trying some of their other beers. fat squirrel sounds really good for some odd reason.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

dragonboy

I had a bottle of Wells Banana Bread Beer last night - surprisingly good!!!  :D

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

QuoteI had a bottle of Wells Banana Bread Beer last night - surprisingly good!!!  :D

umm was if very bananay or very bready? I'm intrigued. Banana Bread is one of my deadly sins.

sweatboard

Having a glass of Southern Comfort, I thought I liked it but it taste like shit.  Listening to Afghan Whigs, I'm just starting to get into them, much better than Southern Comfort.
There's Still Time.........

dragonboy

Haha, I love Southern Comfort!  ;D

I remember reading a story about how Keith Moon got Robert Wyatt f**ked up on that & tequila. Keith used to order them a couple of shots of tequila but Robert always complained afterwards saying that he didn't like the stuff. "I know, now we need a shot of something sweet like SC" Keith tells him.
Robert then complained that it was too sweet "I know!" said Keith "let's get another shot of tequila!"  ;)

I don't think I've ever tried Banana Bread MJ, it's a dessert? The beer tasted more bananas than bread...

sweatboard

Yeah, it's sweet as fuck and I don't have any tequila.

sweatboard

ManNamedTruth

QuoteHaha, I love Southern Comfort!  ;D

I remember reading a story about how Keith Moon got Robert Wyatt f**ked up on that & tequila. Keith used to order them a couple of shots of tequila but Robert always complained afterwards saying that he didn't like the stuff. "I know, now we need a shot of something sweet like SC" Keith tells him.
Robert then complained that it was too sweet "I know!" said Keith "let's get another shot of tequila!"  ;)

I don't think I've ever tried Banana Bread MJ, it's a dessert? The beer tasted more bananas than bread...

i guess it could be classified as dessert, its pretty much good any time of day. its kind of a cake-like bread, and sometimes its made with nuts also. if you have the opportunity to you should try some.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

dragonboy

Quotethat's probably a good thing.
;D ;D ;D

Cheers True, thinking about it maybe I have eaten Banana Bread.I'll have to ask my mum...

mjkoehler

Quotei guess it could be classified as dessert, its good pretty much good any time of day. its kind of a cake-like bread, and sometimes its made with nuts also. if you have the opportunity to you should try some.
Pretty much was True said. It's a quickbread that is pretty much like cake, but in true American denial fashion we call it a bread to get around feeling guilty about eating cake. toasted walnuts are great in it...as are chocolate morsels.

ManNamedTruth

Quotei guess it could be classified as dessert, its good pretty much good any time of day. its kind of a cake-like bread, and sometimes its made with nuts also. if you have the opportunity to you should try some.
Pretty much was True said. It's a quickbread that is pretty much like cake, but in true American denial fashion we call it a bread to get around feeling guilty about eating cake. toasted walnuts are great in it...as are chocolate morsels.

I enjoy spreading butter on mine, just thought i'd add that.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

aMD

mmmmmmmm... banana bread!!  It's good anytime of the day.  especially for breakfast after a night of drinking, it really sops up the alcohol. warm it, put some butter on it, oh shit, I need some banana bread.

TheBigChicken

the beauty of the 3rd shift...just cracked open a cold one :D :D :D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

dragonboy

Thank goodness someone has brought this thread back around to talking about alcohol!

Who on earth started all this silly 'Banana Bread' bullshit?!!  >:(  ;)

.Walt

Quotemmmmmmmm... banana bread!!  It's good anytime of the day.  especially for breakfast after a night of drinking, it really sops up the alcohol. warm it, put some butter on it, oh shit, I need some banana bread.

i have three overripe bananas in the freezer right now for banana bread making. i just need the other stuff, like floor and sugar. then the banana bread making is on. love banana bread.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

dragonboy

Again with the Banana Bread?!!