The 'Anyone Else Drinkin'?' Thread...

Started by dragonboy, Aug 24, 2006, 11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkW

QuoteI'm probably going to drink way too many sangrías this summer.  

Bring 'em on K.  Are you still coming to Europe?
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

red

QuoteBring 'em on K.  Are you still coming to Europe?
Absolutely!  The Tom Waits summer US tour might push back my departure back by a couple months, but Europe is the only thing I want to do in the near future.  

easy jim

QuoteI'm probably going to drink way too many sangrías this summer.  

I had my first taste of sangria last week...what a treat!  One place served pitchers with an inch of sugar in the bottom.

Yeungling tonight
So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame!

dragonboy

Man, I've had a bitch of a busy day! Sinking my first Kirin of the evening & it tastes like heaven!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

A hit of Johnny Walker & then I'm off to bed...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

MarkW

St Peter's brewery best bitter.

And now a Chilean Carmenere.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

dragonboy

TEO

Picked up some Shipyard IPA, Portland, ME, Butte Creek Organic IPA, Chico, CA, Sleeman IPA, Guelph, Ontario Canada, He'brew Genesis Ale, Saratoga Springs, NY, Acme IPA, Fort Bragg, CA, Delirium Nocturnum, Belgian Ale (8.5%), Lambic Pomme, Belgian Malt with apple juice, a mini-keg of Paulaner Hefe-Weizen, O'Fallon 5 day IPA, O'Fallon, MO and Rocky Mountain IPA, Fort Collins CO. Should be enough for a coupla' days.......
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

dragonboy

QuoteShould be enough for a coupla' days.......
;D

He'brewGenesisAle?!!

pawpaw

QuoteButte Creek Organic IPA, Chico, CA,

Hell yeah, Butte Creek! I went to college in Chico, at the state school there, kinda notoriously known as a school of drunks. I actually knew a guy who used to brew at Butte Creek, cool guy, great brewery.

Man, I'm getting all reminiscent about Chico :) Such a great town! Also home of the mighty Sierra Nevada brewery.

Enjoy your brews TEO!!!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

TEO

QuoteShould be enough for a coupla' days.......
;D

He'brewGenesisAle?!!

shmaltz.com will give you further info. if you care. The ale is actually quite good, very "hoppy."

TEO

Hell yeah, Butte Creek! I went to college in Chico, at the state school there, kinda notoriously known as a school of drunks. I actually knew a guy who used to brew at Butte Creek, cool guy, great brewery.

Man, I'm getting all reminiscent about Chico :) Such a great town! Also home of the mighty Sierra Nevada brewery.

Enjoy your brews TEO!!!

I wasn't even sure where it was so of course I googled it and looked at the satellite image. It looks like there is some pretty good mountain biking/hiking right north and east of town?

pawpaw

Enjoy your brews TEO!!!

I wasn't even sure where it was so of course I googled it and looked at the satellite image. It looks like there is some pretty good mountain biking/hiking right north and east of town?

Damn right TEO! From the satellite image, you probably saw a big canyon to the East of town...that's Upper Bidwell Park, and there's loads of great single track biking and hiking up there. Chico is on the East side of the big central valley in California, right up against the foothills, so there's a lot of great stuff to do outdoors in the area, fishing, kayaking, biking and hiking. It does get blazing hot up there in the summer, but that's what cold beer is for! Are you a mountain biker?
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

TEO

Bought a Nashbar Terra XT in the early 80's and gave it quite a work out for awhile. Not so much anymore.  :( Lack of good local riding places.......I REALLY enjoy day hikes though.  :)      Drinking Thread=My best friend and I drove my '65 Chevy Nova II Station Wagon to eastern Ohio and encountered a bar called The Golden Buzz Saloon on the way back from picking up my bike. The owner's son and we two were the only ones there for HOURS. Needless to say, we had the run of the place left with a "golden" buzz! Driving drunk is SO stupid! I am so glad I never hurt anyone or myself back in the "days." I just finished 2 O'Fallon 5 day IPA's and am going to grill out for the first time this spring.......    

TEO

Acme IPA this evening. Not quite as good as the O'Fallon nor the Butte Creek. A little too grainy and not enough hoppy. Also a little too cloudy and not enough golden honey color like the other two. Probably will not buy again.

red

I'll raise you all a Saskatchewan staple and my choice when drinking domestic:

bowl of soup

Miller Lite shamefully.  So my night is like this:  Stuck to my computer while the kids sleep, my beloved D-Rays just came back and won (the dEVIL will always be with us, no matter what), drinking Lite, typing to the air, stack of cd's and headphones - Powder Burns almost over.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

easy jim

So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame!

TheBigChicken

QuotePicked up some Shipyard IPA, Portland, ME, Butte Creek Organic IPA, Chico, CA, Sleeman IPA, Guelph, Ontario Canada, He'brew Genesis Ale, Saratoga Springs, NY, Acme IPA, Fort Bragg, CA, Delirium Nocturnum, Belgian Ale (8.5%), Lambic Pomme, Belgian Malt with apple juice, a mini-keg of Paulaner Hefe-Weizen, O'Fallon 5 day IPA, O'Fallon, MO and Rocky Mountain IPA, Fort Collins CO. Should be enough for a coupla' days.......
Drinking and Gardening....TEO were we separated at birth....I think your my favorite new board member besides Kory who originally brought me under his wing :D  What's the weather like in Indy? Do you brew your own beer?
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry