Fantasy Football 2008

Started by olwiggum, Jul 27, 2008, 05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon T.

I will be out or town as well Corey so I don't want to keep track of the vote.  My opinion though is that this league isn't serious enough to turn into a democracy.  You took the time to set this up, so you decide what you think is best and we'll all adapt.  If all else fails, just leave it like it was.

K-I-S-S

EAZYE

agreed, i won't be around my computer much either so I'm fine with what the majority decides
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

Killgies

Corey you set  it up you decide. Format isn't a big deal as long as we know well enough ahead before the draft. So we know how to draft and where to predict the runs on players.

Is everyone going to be present for the online draft?

On the 49ers recivers. We do know that with the Martz system that the number 3 wr can put up insane numbers. We also know that the Qb will take a pounding and prob won't stay healty

"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

capt. scotty

QuoteCorey you set  it up you decide. Format isn't a big deal as long as we know well enough ahead before the draft. So we know how to draft and where to predict the runs on players.

Is everyone going to be present for the online draft?

On the 49ers recivers. We do know that with the Martz system that the number 3 wr can put up insane numbers. We also know that the Qb will take a pounding and prob won't stay healty

We also know that:

Warner (then)>>Bulger>>>>>Kitna>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Smith or any 49ers QB

Whether we change it up or not, Soup, you best be taking Arnaz Battle and stick to your guns. However, with Carl Crawford and Longoria out for a good amount of time and the Rays likely dropping out of the playoffs, Ill give you a break  ;)

I can live with the rules how they are, but off the record, I say drop 1 WR from the starter sheet...

I wouldnt mind adding a bench spot or 2 though...You know Cedric Benson would rather be a bench warmer than a FA boozing it up on the love boat
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Killgies

I've got three Fantasy Football drafts next week. I'm going to be like Santa making my lists this weekend.
;D

I'm so glad Football season is here! Go Titans!
"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

.Walt

like someone else said, bitching is for the "money league". but i vote to drop a slash position. that's my vote, but i'll play which ever.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

corey

So here's what I think. I think it should stay the way it is. Hear me out.

Currently:
1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 2 W/R, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

What is being suggested:
1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 W/R, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

I don't really like the idea of being forced to pick a 3rd WR. If we keep it with 2 flex players as is, the folks that want a 3rd WR can play that way with one of their flex picks. Hell, they could play a 4th one with the other flex player.
Right?

OR, if someone wanted to start 3-4 RBs, they could do that. I like keeping it open, rather than being forced to pick a 3rd WR.

So I think I'm gonna leave it. Unless someone can change my mind before midnight tonight. That's how we'll roll with this. :)

I did some reading over the weekend and it looks like there's gonna be a shitload of good RBs... and someone mentioned there's no shortage of WRs as well. So I like the freedom that we have on the current roster.

Cool?

Jon T.

Crispy

Looks good to me too. I'll be on the road during the draft so if I get a bunch of stiffs you'll know why - I did use the pre-rank to block some that I know I don't want. A couple of times the autodraft has worked out better than when I did it myself anyway!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

corey

red

QuotePS - K your fantasy team sucks..no offense, but seriously
Haha, yeah it is pretty shit.  Kinda wish I was off work earlier today, but I'm sure I would have forgot to show up for the draft anyways.  Hey, at least I got the defense I wanted.  

capt. scotty

QuotePS - K your fantasy team sucks..no offense, but seriously
Haha, yeah it is pretty shit.  Kinda wish I was off work earlier today, but I'm sure I would have forgot to show up for the draft anyways.  Hey, at least I got the defense I wanted.  

Dude, you cant tell me you didnt purposely set it up like that though..I dont remember your exact picks, but Im pretty sure that after 4 picks (and you had the first pick of the 4th), you had Garrard, Minny D, Vinatieri, and maybe Edgerrin

You def did have the 1st D and K by a mile

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

corey

I say we have a re-draft since I don't like my team.   ;D

ManNamedTruth

I really got screwed this week with Brady going down. Some other players were non-existent. K might pull out a big upset, he's got a lot of players who haven't played yet so we'll see.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

EAZYE

I hear you True, I've got Brady in another league and that really hurt my chances for the year :-/

EAZYE

JonT could you hand me my wallet, it's the one that says BAD MOTHER FUCKER on it ;)

Jon T.

QuoteJonT could you hand me my wallet, it's the one that says BAD MOTHER FUCKER on it ;)

Ha!  Not the start I was looking for..

aMillionDreams

Damn, Corey.  That was a nailbiter.  Am I glad ryan grant didn't get in on that long run.  phew.

The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

corey

What was the final score, Dylan? It's still showing that Grant doesn't have any stats when I click on it for some reason.

aMillionDreams

85-82

Walt beat me by 4 point in another league we play in.  can't win em all i guess.

My team in the jacket league is my least favorite and it's the only one that won this weekend.  shows what i know.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]