NCAA Football count down! (updated)

Started by ycartrob, Jun 15, 2008, 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EAZYE

QuoteNebraska vs. Missouri in Lincoln! Only thing better is the dirtburglers from Norman in Lincoln.

Doesn't look like we'll be having any more games of the century for a while until you guys step it back up.  It sucks not having you guys be dominant.  It would really help the big 12 argument if you guys would step it up.  Pass that on to Pellini for me would ya? ;)

Crispy your cowgirls are looking mighty impressive.  Robinson is so underrated it's not funny.  If you guys ruin our season when we play you guys up there, I think I'll drink till I puke, I did last time we lost in Shitwater.  On a side note I would love to see you guys beat the shorthorns this year.

BH here's to hoping your Tigers stub their toe at least once in the few murderous upcoming games ;)

Thanks for knocking off Florida Tracy, now your program can go return to the depths of the unknown again.
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

mjkoehler

I'd be happy to Eazy. This losing shits for the birds....I mean Jayhawks.

QuoteNebraska vs. Missouri in Lincoln! Only thing better is the dirtburglers from Norman in Lincoln.

Yeah, I'm scared as hell even though we are the far superior team.  We have not won in Lincoln in 30 years(but I'm sure you knew that.)
The Jakester says since '78. I did not know that until a few days ago. What has been going on for the last 30 years?
But if course!

That would be pure unadulterated asspounding. Hell, up until a couple of seasons ago we hadn't lost to MO in 24 or 25 years, period. I forget the exact number when it's that high.

BH

QuoteI'd be happy to Eazy. This losing shits for the birds....I mean Jayhawks.

Yeah, I'm scared as hell even though we are the far superior team.  We have not won in Lincoln in 30 years(but I'm sure you knew that.)
The Jakester says since '78. I did not know that until a few days ago. What has been going on for the last 30 years?
But if course!

That would be pure unadulterated asspounding. Hell, up until a couple of seasons ago we hadn't lost to MO in 24 or 25 years, period. I forget the exact number when it's that high.

For some reason my brain will only remember back to last year.

Here are all of the Nebraska highlights from that game to make you feel better.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-_ryZmHFg8&feature=related[/media]
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Crispy

Crispy your cowgirls are looking mighty impressive.  Robinson is so underrated it's not funny.  If you guys ruin our season when we play you guys up there, I think I'll drink till I puke, I did last time we lost in Shitwater.  On a side note I would love to see you guys beat the shorthorns this year.
Yeah, the Cowgirls are real good, 9-0-1 and ranked #11! Colin Carmichael has really put together a great squad. I don't see any Robinson on the roster, but Yolanda Odenyo is a scoring machine - oh, I guess you meant football, not soccer. We'll see how good the Cowboys are in a couple weeks when they go up to Columbia for Mizzou (how many points are you gonna give me BH?). While the offense is pretty awesome, the defense looks only slightly better than last year, maybe upgraded from terrible to just poor. We'll need to score at least 50 to have a chance against Mizzou, Tech, OU, and probably Texas too. Maybe Bevo will spot us 4 touchdowns this year instead of just 3 - nah, we'd still blow it, just like 2004.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

BH

Yeah, the Cowgirls are real good, 9-0-1 and ranked #11! Colin Carmichael has really put together a great squad. I don't see any Robinson on the roster, but Yolanda Odenyo is a scoring machine - oh, I guess you meant football, not soccer. We'll see how good the Cowboys are in a couple weeks when they go up to Columbia for Mizzou (how many points are you gonna give me BH?). While the offense is pretty awesome, the defense looks only slightly better than last year, maybe upgraded from terrible to just poor. We'll need to score at least 50 to have a chance against Mizzou, Tech, OU, and probably Texas too. Maybe Bevo will spot us 4 touchdowns this year instead of just 3 - nah, we'd still blow it, just like 2004.

Are you guys seriously averaging 340 yards a game rushing?  WTF?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

EAZYE

But if course!

You've had a couple of those lately MJ, the one I'm remembering is OSU beat the Huskers up there for the first time since Kennedy was president like 3 or 4 years ago :-/
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

Crispy

Are you guys seriously averaging 340 yards a game rushing?  WTF?
Totally! Three 100-yd rushers against Missouri State and two against Troy will do that for you. And right behind MU in scoring with 51.8...
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

mjkoehler

But if course!

You've had a couple of those lately MJ, the one I'm remembering is OSU beat the Huskers up there for the first time since Kennedy was president like 3 or 4 years ago :-/
Yeah, Kansas was the biggest one. I wasn't even born (I don't think even Tracy was born) the last time the Jayhawks won against.

Not a slam on Tracy's age, but on the Jayhwaks lack of prowess on the field....or is it?  [smiley=evil.gif]

Angry Ewok

QuoteWill KY give Alabama a game at all?  Brad, you can't answer this one.

Kentucky is undefeated, and they're still doing well with last year's remnants. Now, they've only played tin cans for competition this season, so there's very little I can tell you about their playbook, but they've still got the advantage of facing a BAMA team that's just had its belly stuffed.

The Crimson Tide might be a tad slow, disinterested, distracted... but you've got to look at our trench players against the Wildcats' key playmakers and see a no-contest. I think our offensive line's ability to dominate will make it possible for us to rotate five, yes five running backs if we wish to. Glenn Coffee and Mark Ingram will likely put it away in the first half, followed by Roy Upchurch and Terry Grant as "regulators" in the second half.

In particular, keep your eyes on true freshman Mark Ingram (#22). I have a good feeling this will be his best game of the season thus far, because he is definitely focused on Kentucky, right now, not on a future National Title.

Meanwhile, I fear for Kentucky's life if our noseguard, the landmark known as Mount Cody (6'6, 385), does what I think he will in the first quarter.

Here's what Mark Richt had to say about him,

[size=14]"I haven't seen anybody who's a match for this guy one-on-one. Nobody playing on Saturdays, or Sundays probably."[/size]
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ycartrob

The first BCS standings won't be released until Oct. 19, but we wanted a glimpse at what the championship game picture is so far.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=856973

Angry Ewok

capt. scotty

QuoteThe first BCS standings won't be released until Oct. 19, but we wanted a glimpse at what the championship game picture is so far.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=856973

The fact that 3 of those have #2 as Northwestern, Utah, and Vandy is totally ridiculous, not to mention Boise St in 2 of them
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Angry Ewok

QuoteIf there is a God, he'll let USF and Alabama meet in a BCS bowl game.  USF is more likely to be there than Bama though.

You think #10 South Florida is more likely to go to a BCS game than #2 Alabama? I don't think so.

Maybe next year, soup.

[size=14]Pittsburgh 26
#10 South Florida 21[/size]

Angry Ewok

Time for my picks... (44-11 (80%) this season)

The boring games...

#1 Oklahoma over Baylor
#4 Missouri over Nebraska
#5 Texas over Colorado
#6 Penn State over Purdue
#7 Texas Tech over Kansas State
#9 USC over #23 Oregon

Games that matter...

#12 Florida over Arkansas
I feel sorry for Arkansas. First Alabama, then Texas, and now Florida? Ouch.

#13 Auburn over #19 Vanderbilt [ UPSET ALERT! ]
I'm picking Auburn because I just don't believe Vanderbilt is the real deal. I've seen them looking pretty the first three or four games, in seasons past... but they never have the depth to last half the season. Never. I'm putting Auburn on upset alert, though, because of the War Chicken's terrible, terrible offense... Spread Eagle? If Vanderbilt wins, it's because of Auburn's turnovers.

And the one you've all been waiting for...

#2 Alabama over Kentucky (4-0)

The Crimson Tide are going to have to be very, very careful of the classic let down. We're coming off of a big win and our young players need to avoid the rookie mistake of looking past the next team or still relishing last week. Kentucky is a good team, they're running silent and running deep against pitiful competition - but they're undefeated and they've practically shut out all of their opponents (they're outscoring their opponents by a huge margin) without showing much of the playbook. Coach Saban will try his best to prepare this team, and usually that's enough... but these are young guys and they've never had to play with the bullseye on their back and Alabama hasn't been a media darling in over ten years.

All of the off-field stuff aside, Alabama hasn't allowed a single point in the first half this season, and they've never been trailing, so I'm hoping they can shut the blue down and put them out of the game very early. I'm seeing a lot of people betting against Alabama on the 17 point spread... I'd put my money on Alabama, though.

capt. scotty

QuoteIf there is a God, he'll let USF and Alabama meet in a BCS bowl game.  USF is more likely to be there than Bama though.

You think #10 South Florida is more likely to go to a BCS game than #2 Alabama? I don't think so.

Maybe next year, soup.

[size=14]Pittsburgh 26

Im from the Burgh, but went to Penn ST (thank god), but I really doubt Pitt beats USF

Lesean McCoy is def nasty, and this very well might be the best team that USF plays the rest of the year, but this Pitt team is bad

..and like I said...

WE ARE

PENN STATE
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Angry Ewok

Quote[size=14]Pittsburgh 26

Im from the Burgh, but went to Penn ST (thank god), but I really doubt Pitt beats USF

Lesean McCoy is def nasty, and this very well might be the best team that USF plays the rest of the year, but this Pitt team is bad

That wasn't a prediction. South Florida lost to Pitt last night.

Penn State is looking good, this year. I'd love a BCS matchup with Alabama and Penn State - we've had some good ones.

Penny Lane

Quote[size=14]Pittsburgh 26

That wasn't a prediction. South Florida lost to Pitt last night.

Penn State is looking good, this year. I'd love a BCS matchup with Alabama and Penn State - we've had some good ones.

i would love that matchup--PSU's my other favorite big ten---hopefully they'll have a great season and joe pa can finally go out on a really high note--
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjkoehler

Hey Dave, doing anything special for the game tomorrow?

BH

QuoteHey Dave, doing anything special for the game tomorrow?

Yeah, DVRing it while I'm at the Ryan Adams show at the fox.  How's that for shitty timing.  I've never been so dissapointed that I'm going to a show but I can't miss the Cardinals at the Fox!   Me and the guy I'm going with will go back to my house and watch and hope nobody spoils it between the show and when we get home.  What about you, make sure you have plenty of kleenex. ;)

mjkoehler

QuoteHey Dave, doing anything special for the game tomorrow?

Yeah, DVRing it while I'm at the Ryan Adams show at the fox.  How's that for shitty timing.  I've never been so dissapointed that I'm going to a show but I can't miss the Cardinals at the Fox!   Me and the guy I'm going with will go back to my house and watch and hope nobody spoils it between the show and when we get home.  What about you, make sure you have plenty of kleenex. ;)
That is horrible timing! I'll have Kleenex and a wet wipe on the outside chance that a real defense shows up for a game and helps the Huskers win. I picture me crying later that night, but the premonition is cloudy so I'm not sure if its tears of joy, sadness, or just from way too much alcohol. Probably a combo of all 3.