NCAA Football count down! (updated)

Started by ycartrob, Jun 15, 2008, 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowl of soup

Quote[size=14]Pittsburgh 26
#10 South Florida 21[/size]

Im from the Burgh, but went to Penn ST (thank god), but I really doubt Pitt beats USF

Lesean McCoy is def nasty, and this very well might be the best team that USF plays the rest of the year, but this Pitt team is bad

That wasn't a prediction. South Florida lost to Pitt last night.

Penn State is looking good, this year. I'd love a BCS matchup with Alabama and Penn State - we've had some good ones.

That hurt.  USF has to stop losing big games after making themselves a part of the national picture by winning big games.  They really missed Selvie last night.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

TEO

So far the Lumberjacks are 3-1 with our only loss to Arizona State with a score of 30-13. We are facing Sacramento State this Saturday for a family weekend game. FEAR THE AXE!!!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

capt. scotty

Quote[size=14]Pittsburgh 26
#10 South Florida 21[/size]

Im from the Burgh, but went to Penn ST (thank god), but I really doubt Pitt beats USF

Lesean McCoy is def nasty, and this very well might be the best team that USF plays the rest of the year, but this Pitt team is bad

That wasn't a prediction. South Florida lost to Pitt last night.

Penn State is looking good, this year. I'd love a BCS matchup with Alabama and Penn State - we've had some good ones.

Hah, well then. Thats kind of surprising. Judging by the picture, Im assuming Shady McCoy just ripped USF and thats why they won.

And Ill 2nd Bama-PSU. 1 of my best friends went to Bama, so its been back and forth each week for us with the shitalking

That said, we need to prove ourselves on the road next week @ Wisconsin (who I think is/was overrated, but they havent lost a home game under Bielema yet.

As for Bama, you proved you can win on the road but you have a handful of those left and against tough teams nonetheless.

If the stars align, itll be PSU-Bama though. Sooners look tough though
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

EAZYE

I unfortunately don't think it's our year.  We'll see after Texas as we will be favorites in every game from here on out.  I could see a let down at OSU, which I'd really rather not think about.  If we win out that means we will have possibly defeated 3 top ten teams.  And maybe 6 in the top 25.  Beating Mizzou for a 3rd straight time will be difficult, on a neutral site, in Kansas City.  Don't really know if that is neutral but....

All I'm saying is it is really tough to go undefeated in a season, even though we aren't in the vaunted SEC, Brad, Tracy, and all you SEC lovers out there.  We need to shore up our special teams and run the ball better, but it's still early in a wonderful college season.   We'll see how it all plays out.
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

Angry Ewok

QuoteAs for Bama, you proved you can win on the road but you have a handful of those left and against tough teams nonetheless.

Kentucky
BYE
Ole Miss
@ Tennessee
Arkansas State
@ #3 LSU
Mississippi State
#13 Auburn

I know Tennessee doesn't look impressive, but the Southeastern fans around here can tell you - Fat Phil always pulls out an impressive win when it's least likely. The LSU game is going to be incredible, especially if both teams are still undefeated.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

capt. scotty

QuoteAs for Bama, you proved you can win on the road but you have a handful of those left and against tough teams nonetheless.

Kentucky
BYE
Ole Miss
@ Tennessee
Arkansas State
@ #3 LSU
Mississippi State
#13 Auburn

I know Tennessee doesn't look impressive, but the Southeastern fans around here can tell you - Fat Phil always pulls out an impressive win when it's least likely. The LSU game is going to be incredible, especially if both teams are still undefeated.

I actually thought the schedule was tougher from here on out, not that it isnt tought either way though.

I guess no Gators this yr?

And I know you know, that Iron Bowl hasnt been friendly to Tuscaloosa lately.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ycartrob

QuoteTime for my picks... (44-11 (80%) this season)

Your picks are straight up; if you flat out picked the favorite to win every Top 25 game played so far this year, you'd be 80-19 or 81%. Not a great skill.

That's why Las Vegas uses something called the point spread b/c a housewife who hasn't ever watched 1 college football game in her whole life could come up with 81% on straight up bets on the higher ranked team.

TheBigChicken

QuoteTime for my picks... (44-11 (80%) this season)

Your picks are straight up; if you flat out picked the favorite to win every Top 25 game played so far this year, you'd be 80-19 or 81%. Not a great skill.

That's why Las Vegas uses something called the point spread b/c a housewife who hasn't ever watched 1 college football game in her whole life could come up with 81% on straight up bets on the higher ranked team.

Really. Is it time for me to tell you to put your crystal ball AWAY Bradley...shit >:(
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

primushead

Keep an eye on UCONN at UNC today.  I think Butch Davis's boys might surprise everyone.  

TheBigChicken

QuoteKeep an eye on UCONN at UNC today.  I think Butch Davis's boys might surprise everyone.  
I was thinking the same thing my man...
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

ycartrob

QuoteKeep an eye on UCONN at UNC today.  I think Butch Davis's boys might surprise everyone.  

I've been keeping my eye on the Heels. I watched that last second win over Miami last week and I also think you take out UConn today.

gl

Angry Ewok

Plenty of folks make their picks straight up, when all they're interested in is talking college football, Tracy. I'll grab the Top 10 for the hell of it, but my main interest has been the SEC, and you should know that after four or five years.

Besides, it may be easy to pick the ranks over, but at this rate it'd be a lot easier to bet against Auburn on the point spread every single week than it would be to guess if they'll actually win or lose.

And plus, you seem to enjoy ragging on me about the crystal ball as much as I enjoy going down the list and making my picks every week...

QuoteI guess no Gators this yr?

Tennessee is our permanent East Division opponent, so we see Florida on the two year rotation shared with everyone else on the east. The Gators are coming up on our 2010/2011 schedule. Here's our 2009 scheduled opponents,

LSU
Tennessee
South Carolina
Arkansas
+ 3 Non-conference teams

@ Auburn
@ Ole Miss
@ Miss State
@ Kentucky
@ Virginia Tech

QuoteAnd I know you know, that Iron Bowl hasnt been friendly to Tuscaloosa lately.

Yeah, don't remind me, man. We've lost 6 or 7 straight and we've never won at Bryant-Denny stadium. The times are quickly changing, though... I'm not very confident about the game this year, but only because everyone seems absolutely confident that we'll beat them and it won't even be close. As bad as Alabama or Auburn is, the Iron Bowl will almost always be a slobber knocker.

BH

Slobber Knocker!  Best phrase ever!

Anybody hear Herbstreit say "this Mizzou defense is not nearly as bad as the numbers suggest"?    ;)

17 undefeateds left and a few are guaranteed to fall today.

Enjoy the games boys.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ycartrob

And plus, you seem to enjoy ragging on me about the crystal ball as much as I enjoy going down the list and making my picks every week...

No, I just find it amusing that you tout your W/L prediction percentage like it's a big deal.

It's not.

this week you picked 9 higher ranked teams to beat 9 lower ranked teams. wow

I also "predict" that Oklahoma will beat Baylor. Now, will they do it by 24 1/2?

EAZYE

local bookies have it at 26 which is not looking like it's going to happen in this boring ass game.
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

Angry Ewok

QuoteNo, I just find it amusing that you tout your W/L prediction percentage like it's a big deal.

This is kind of like last week when you went ballistic and called me a fear monger... In the end, you're just going to have to get over what ever problems you have.

Angry Ewok

[size=20]ALABAMA 17
KENTUCKY 14[/size]

That was too close... There were a couple of instances where a flag was thrown before the referees could fabricate the infraction. 10 flags for nearly 100 yards. Kentucky had 10 flags, as well. Our 10 accounts for more than all of our penalties in previous games combined. Ridiculous.

ycartrob

[size=20]ALABAMA 17
KENTUCKY 14[/size]

That was too close... There were a couple of instances where a flag was thrown before the referees could fabricate the infraction. 10 flags for nearly 100 yards. Kentucky had 10 flags, as well. Our 10 accounts for more than all of our penalties in previous games combined. Ridiculous.

I'd keep your crying to a minimum. CBS showed flagrant holding on the first TD run and it wasn't called. You should be thanking the refs.

ycartrob

QuoteNo, I just find it amusing that you tout your W/L prediction percentage like it's a big deal.

This is kind of like last week when you went ballistic and called me a fear monger... In the end, you're just going to have to get over what ever problems you have.

You never answered my question (the couple of times I asked) about using Obama's middle name for some reason other than flaming fear; you backed right on out of that one and proved my point. Get a clue man, that shit is very personal to me and you act like it's no big deal.

As for college football, it's a game. Grow a fucking backbone.

Angry Ewok