NCAA Football count down! (updated)

Started by ycartrob, Jun 15, 2008, 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corey

I didn't get to watch this game, but Lundquist has ruined 2 Bama games already this season. It's really horrible to listen to him call a game these days.

ycartrob

QuoteWhoa Tracy, how bout them Rebels!

In other news, Is Vern Lundquist drunk?

Hotty Toddy! We're talking probable Cotton Bowl against the Big 12 if we get by Mississippi State next week.

Lundquist has to go. After a short run by our RB #25 Cordea Eason, he said, ""There's #75 Cordea Eason for a short gain". My wife looked up from her computer and asked if #75 is an unusual number for a RB.

And both he and Gary Danielson were touting about the wonderful interception and return by Marshay Green when as clear as day, slow motion replay, in the middle of the TV, there's Allen Walker running down the field with his interception.

It's like they're drunk in a bar, watching the game over their shoulder while hitting on some flight attendants from Denver playing the sit down Ms. Pac-Man machine...

Crispy

That Walker call was exactly why I made Lundquist quip - I figured maybe this Green character left his jersey in Oxford and had to borrow Walker's for the game - both he and Danielson called him Green like 10 times. As an OSU fan who watchd Les Miles screw us over before the Alamo bowl a few years ago, I'm enjoying extra schadenfeude in LSU's demise his year. Also, if OSU can pull of a win against OU next week, we might have us a Cotton Bowl rematch against Ole Miss.  :D
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

BH

This is really dissapointing.  I was waiting all day for a great game.   OU brought it tonight.   The energy from the team and the fans is insane.

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ycartrob

and the winner of the ACC gets an automatic BCS bid? And we're all happy with the BCS system.

what a load of... >:(

Penny Lane

QuoteThat Walker call was exactly why I made Lundquist quip - I figured maybe this Green character left his jersey in Oxford and had to borrow Walker's for the game - both he and Danielson called him Green like 10 times. As an OSU fan who watchd Les Miles screw us over before the Alamo bowl a few years ago, I'm enjoying extra schadenfeude in LSU's demise his year. Also, if OSU can pull of a win against OU next week, we might have us a Cotton Bowl rematch against Ole Miss.  :D

Ole Miss is the new black!  :D
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Jon T.

Quoteand the winner of the ACC gets an automatic BCS bid? And we're all happy with the BCS system.

what a load of... >:(

Great point, butttttt......  ACC champs beat the 2nd best team in the SEC, which apparently is alabama.

As great as the SEC  USUALLY is, it's not that great this year either.  Sure, UF is THE best team in the country but UA really isn't THAT good.  They're undefeated (which is great and all) but the teams they've beaten aren't that good.   SEC is watered down a smidge this year.  Not to start a pissiing match cuz usually SEC is the best in the country.   Just not this year.

Call me a homer all you want, but, FSU beats UA this year  (again) if they're matched up.   UA really is not that good.   Really.

imdrunkerthanamuthafuck

ycartrob

QuoteThat Walker call was exactly why I made Lundquist quip - I figured maybe this Green character left his jersey in Oxford and had to borrow Walker's for the game - both he and Danielson called him Green like 10 times. As an OSU fan who watchd Les Miles screw us over before the Alamo bowl a few years ago, I'm enjoying extra schadenfeude in LSU's demise his year. Also, if OSU can pull of a win against OU next week, we might have us a Cotton Bowl rematch against Ole Miss.  :D

Ole Miss is the new black!  :D

The new black?  ummm, what does that mean?

ycartrob

Great point, butttttt......  ACC champs beat the 2nd best team in the SEC, which apparently is alabama.

I'm pretty sure bama hasn't lost to anyone yet. Do you have some secret information?

Jon T.

I'm pretty sure bama hasn't lost to anyone yet. Do you have some secret information?

Pardon me.  I should have followed that with "IMO".  

Translation: I don't think alabama could beat the ACC champs.  Or the runner up. I could be wrong.  Doubt it though.

you on that bama bandwagon too?

Et tu, Brute?    :-?

ycartrob

Translation: I don't think alabama could beat the ACC champs.  Or the runner up. I could be wrong.  Doubt it though.

Not on the bama badwagon at all. It's just that the ACC does not deserve to have a team go to the BCS this year and the SEC will get 2 in. I think the ACC is one of the most overrated football conferences, year in and year out. Basketball is a different issue, and they are tops. But not football.

Jon T.

Not on the bama badwagon at all. It's just that the ACC does not deserve to have a team go to the BCS this year and the SEC will get 2 in. I think the ACC is one of the most overrated football conferences, year in and year out. Basketball is a different issue, and they are tops. But not football.

If your point is that the BCS is flawed then there is certainly no denying that.  I don't think the ACC deserves a spot in BCS game, this year for sure.  I do think they have the potential to be a legitimate football conference.  Hopefully, in my lifetime.

Also, I think 2 in for SEC is about right this year.  Usually I would say more but besides UA and UF, I just don't see it.  IMO.

Angry Ewok

Quote[...]but UA really isn't THAT good.  They're undefeated (which is great and all) but the teams they've beaten aren't that good.

QuoteCall me a homer all you want, but, FSU beats UA this year  (again) if they're matched up. UA really is not that good. Really.

QuoteI don't think alabama could beat the ACC champs. Or the runner up. I could be wrong. Doubt it though.

I can't believe you're honestly saying an 8-4 Florida State should beat a 12-0 Alabama. Florida State has three losses from ACC opponents, and two of those were at home, but you think you guys should beat an Alabama team that defeated the projected ACC Champion, the Pre-Season #1, and the Defending National Champion on the road?

I guess we can settle this in a few weeks by comparing the beatings we both receive from Florida, and then comparing the margin of victory over whichever 4-loss SEC team you guys face in the Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl. We beat Kentucky by 3, I'm sure you can do better.

But to even things up, at the year's end, you can get the last laugh if we end up losing in the National Championship game or the Sugar Bowl - all while raising your Roady's Humanitarian Bowl or Gaylord Hotels Music City trophy high.

QuoteAlso, I think 2 in for SEC is about right this year.  Usually I would say more but besides UA and UF, I just don't see it.  IMO.

Georgia could still be in it, but they're getting very, very sloppy. I think they put so much stock into being the National Champions this year that anything less, they don't see fit fighting for. I'm surprised they're a 10-2 team, as hard as they've tried to beat themselves.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

BH

pennylane is talking about fashion tracy.   it has nothing to do with obama's middle name ;)  What is this years "hot" color (team).

50 is the new 40
brown is the new black
etc, etc.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

corey

It's funny to me when someone says that the SEC isn't all that great this year. Sure, they could be better, but as far as I can tell the "best" teams in the SEC have lost to other SEC teams, not non-SEC teams.

Alabama is undefeated.
Florida lost to Ole Miss.
Georgia lost to Florida and Alabama
LSU lost to Bama, Florida, Georgia, and Ole Miss. (right?)

Yeah, there are some stinkers this year (TN and AU), but Ole Miss has been very surprising with upsets over LSU and Florida.

I'm really dreading watching the Bama/Florida game. I just KNEW before the season started that we'd lose 3, possibly 4 games. We managed to win all of the games I thought we'd lose. Florida might be a different situation, but I think we have a chance. I'm not predicting a win, but I think we have a good shot.

megalicious

I'm really dreading watching the Bama/Florida game. I just KNEW before the season started that we'd lose 3, possibly 4 games. We managed to win all of the win all of the games I thought we'd lose. Florida might be a different situation, but I think we have a chance. I'm not predicting a win, but I think we have a good shot.

I feel the same way. I don't feel 100% confident that we can win against Florida, but maybe we can.

Right now I am thinking about one thing--and that is beating the hell out of Auburn.

ROLL TIDE!
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

corey

Edited my last post because, as you can tell from the quotation in Meg's post,  one of my sentences made absolutely no sense because I doubled some of the words. That's what I get for posting before having some coffee.

Bama has far exceeded my expectations for the year and I couldn't be happier. It's been a rough period for us for the last several years, so if we get out of this season with only one loss, I'll be a happy man.

I'll be even happier if we beat Florida though. Maybe we'll come out and punch them in the mouth like the Croyle to Protho toss from a few years back!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gba1XZb5bo[/media]

(it's funny that I said "hit them in the mouth". I went to youtube to look for the clip. Check out what the "more info" says)

ycartrob

Quotepennylane is talking about fashion tracy.   it has nothing to do with obama's middle name ;)  What is this years "hot" color (team).

50 is the new 40
brown is the new black
etc, etc.

I still don't see it

Jon T.

QuoteIt's funny to me when someone says that the SEC isn't all that great this year. Sure, they could be better, but as far as I can tell the "best" teams in the SEC have lost to other SEC teams, not non-SEC teams.

Not saying the're not good.  SEC has created an ultra high standard for itself and as a whole I just don't think it's up to that standard.  Once again, the SEC is its own worst enemy.

capt. scotty

QuoteIt's funny to me when someone says that the SEC isn't all that great this year. Sure, they could be better, but as far as I can tell the "best" teams in the SEC have lost to other SEC teams, not non-SEC teams.

Alabama is undefeated.
Florida lost to Ole Miss.
Georgia lost to Florida and Alabama
LSU lost to Bama, Florida, Georgia, and Ole Miss. (right?)

Yeah, there are some stinkers this year (TN and AU), but Ole Miss has been very surprising with upsets over LSU and Florida.

I'm really dreading watching the Bama/Florida game. I just KNEW before the season started that we'd lose 3, possibly 4 games. We managed to win all of the games I thought we'd lose. Florida might be a different situation, but I think we have a chance. I'm not predicting a win, but I think we have a good shot.

Maybe theres 1 or 2, but do any SEC teams have any GooD out of conference wins?!

I cant think of any off the top of my head

Itll be interesting to see how the SEC teams not named Florida or Bama fare in their bowl games bc I have a feeling a few of those teams will go down to some Big 12, Big 10, or ACC teams
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons