NCAA Football count down! (updated)

Started by ycartrob, Jun 15, 2008, 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

Horse hockey.
Kiss your mother with that potty mouth? Dem's some fightin words.

Angry Ewok

QuoteEwok, this is getting sort of pathetic.

I'm just enjoying how silly you looked thinking Penny, of all people (then again, I've met her, I'm not sure that you have), is a racist on account of her using the old school phrase "the new black"... I think it's time you stop accusing people you don't know of being racist, and start dealing with your own closeted racism. Maybe it's time you stop accusing me of being a hate monger long enough to stop spewing your hatred all over the pages of this college football thread.

Is your TV broken, Tracy? You could have asked me to record those couple of televised Ole Miss games for you, so you'd be able to curl up to your VHS, with some Golden Flake and Coke, or a corndog, or whatever, and enjoy a damn good first year for the Mississippi Rebels. I bet it makes you sick knowing I'd do that for you - but hell, I'd even label the tapes just for your convenience. Now I'm blaming myself - if I had treated you more like a friend and less like an acquaintance, and enabled you to watch some football, you could have even joined us here and enjoyed a great college football discussion that didn't include you calling folks idiots and racists.

I will cook the books in order to draw your name in the first annual My Morning Jacket Fanatics Secret Santa. I'm sending you a snack bag of Golden Flake potato chips, a 12 oz Coca-Cola, an autographed photo of Nick Saban, and a bootlegged DVD of Ole Miss' bowl game.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ycartrob

I'm just enjoying how silly you looked thinking Penny, of all people (then again, I've met her, I'm not sure that you have), is a racist on account of her using the old school phrase "the new black"... I think it's time you stop accusing people you don't know of being racist, and start dealing with your own closeted racism.

ooops, I think I hit a nerve. It's sort of funny when little brad turns into angry ewok and goes ballistic; I can't tell if he's serious or not.

Thinking Penny was racist? I asked her a question about referring to Ole Miss as the new black b/c I don't know what that means. Re-read it goof ball. That's racist? Little trigger happy there, don't you think?

Nice stretch. Not ready to own it yet, are you?

And I have been enjoying the hell out of the Rebs this year; the rest of your post went over my head but it seems like you put some good effort in there to insult me (I think) and even used pictures! Well done? But ever since you stopped giving us your insider picks (like Oklahoma over Chattanooga), I have felt disconnected.  :-/

Meanwhile, your ride's here for the Auburn game. There's just enough room for a 4th, and try not to crush Sarahr's smokes:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/v/BaxECcTjCuw&hl=en&fs=1[/media]

capt. scotty

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

that video is priceless man...it looks like the dog took the 4th spot though

this dispute can be settled only 1 way: an eye gouging match

1st person to lose an eye loses the racism argument
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ycartrob

Quote;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

that video is priceless man...it looks like the dog took the 4th spot though

this dispute can be settled only 1 way: an eye gouging match

1st person to lose an eye loses the racism argument

There's a racism argument? hmmmmm, must have missed it

Like ol Sarahr there, there's no argument whatsoever, she owns it. I'm just encouraging silly ewok to lean into his comments on Obama, let it out.

TEO

Ball State 12-0! I know it is not your highly touted SEC or Thee Big 12, but that is some bangin' football that is really fun to watch. They are creating alot of local buzz which is always fun to be a part of. Some of the people I work with are alums. so they are really enjoying the ride and I am happy for them.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

EAZYE

hey crispy, you going to the game? should be a classic!

dave, sorry to see your tigers go down like that :-/  
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

Angry Ewok

#1 Alabama 36 - Auburn 0

I can't tell you how awesome I feel, tonight. Undefeated regular season, ranked number one in the country. The Conference and National stuff wasn't on our minds, today, though... it was all about payback in the Iron Bowl. BAMA delivered one of the worst beatings in Iron Bowl history, in about 30 years or so, I believe. And the last time BAMA shut out Auburn? 1992. I hope that's a sign.

capt. scotty

My point from last week about the SEC outside of #1 and #2 was basically proven this week

What I think was considered the 3rd best team in the SEC, Georgia, loses to Georgia Tech...a lowly ACC team that I dont think is even winning that conference.

Those Top 2 teams in the SEC are very good, but its not the typical SEC

And my boy is a Bama fan, but I would almost call it miraculous if they beat the Gators, and then beat Texas or Oklahoma.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Penny Lane

that Ok/OSU game was insane.  ;)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ycartrob

QuoteMy point from last week about the SEC outside of #1 and #2 was basically proven this week

What I think was considered the 3rd best team in the SEC, Georgia, loses to Georgia Tech...a lowly ACC team that I dont think is even winning that conference.

Those Top 2 teams in the SEC are very good, but its not the typical SEC

And my boy is a Bama fan, but I would almost call it miraculous if they beat the Gators, and then beat Texas or Oklahoma.

ACC- 6
SEC- 4

(that's sort of embarrasing)

It's a down year for the SEC that's why you have such an average Bama team undefeated. LSU and Georgia were obviously waaay overrated and Auburn, Tennessee and South Carolina were less than average. Hell, Vanderbilt is overrated! Ole Miss is peaking now, but close early season losses and injuries have us at 8-4, but we're playing as well as anybody these days. Plus, you saw how we beat Florida when we brought our A game.

I don't know how it turned so quickly in a year, but for us it turned good! We did not lose a game by more than 7 the whole year. We now have the 5th leading rush defense in the nation.

And lets hope Bama doesn't upset Florida (sounds odd to say if the undefeated number 1 team in the nation wins it will be an upset) so Florida can hang one on the Big 12. But upsets happen (if USC and Oregon State played 10 games, USC would win 8 times), and Bama played just well enough to get themselves here and Florida is due for a flat game... It will be exciting!

And oh boy, wasn't it fun watching Notre Dame collapse against USC? And even better after the pre-game fights.

Wouldn't a playoff be nice?

mjkoehler

QuoteAnd oh boy, wasn't it fun watching Notre Dame collapse against USC? And even better after the pre-game fights.
Anytime Notre Dame loses is fun.

ycartrob

Don't you just love the BCS?

Oklahoma loses to Texas but is ranked higher than Texas
Texas loses to Texas Tech, but is ranked higher than Texas Tech

If you eliminated the silly conference championship games and end the season today, here's what the match-ups of an 8 team playoff that would be completed the first week of January.

1 Alabama vs. 8 Penn St.
2 Oklahoma vs. 7 Texas Tech
3 Texas vs. 6 Utah
4 Florida vs. 5 USC

That Florida/USC match up would be off the hook and then Bama/Penn St is an awesome throw back game. You got your cinderella in Utah and a re-match for TT.

It's just a matter of time as I am hearing more coaches give their opinion about this terrible BCS system.

Penny Lane

QuoteAnd oh boy, wasn't it fun watching Notre Dame collapse against USC? And even better after the pre-game fights.
Anytime Notre Dame loses is fun.

i loved but since the score was similar to ours, i couldn't really say anything...but YES it's always fun to watch weiss and jimmy jj claussens go down
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Angry Ewok

QuoteMy point from last week about the SEC outside of #1 and #2 was basically proven this week

Without a doubt.

Angry Ewok

Someone explain, confirm, or correct me - as a tie breaker, the Big 12 relies on the BCS points to determine who goes to the Conference Championship? As opposed to comparing the two teams' head-to-head record?

So, if Missouri rebounded from their loss to Kansas by upsetting Oklahoma, the idle Texas would go to the National Title game against the SEC Champion?

BH

QuoteSomeone explain, confirm, or correct me - as a tie breaker, the Big 12 relies on the BCS points to determine who goes to the Conference Championship? As opposed to comparing the two teams' head-to-head record?

So, if Missouri rebounded from their loss to Kansas by upsetting Oklahoma, the idle Texas would go to the National Title game against the SEC Champion?

The first tie breaker is head to head but when you throw Texas Tech into the three way tie, it goes down to the 5th tiebreaker...

1) The records of the three teams will be compared against each other
2)The records of the three teams will be compared within their division
3)The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of fi nish (4, 5 and 6)
4)The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents;
5)The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative
6)The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative
7)The representative will be chosen by draw.

And yes, Texas could back there way in I guess because I'm not sure how anyone could jump them in the BCS standings.

And no, I'm not talking about Mizzou.   It huuuurts.

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ycartrob

Opening line for Bama-Florida is 10. I thought Bama would get a little more respect than that. Undefeated and number 1 in the nation and a 10 point dog? We'll see where the line goes during the week. I bet (no pun intended) it goes down to about 7 by Saturday.

Oklahoma is -16 against Missouri. That line may just go up.

purvis9876

Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

ycartrob

You got to love Texas Tech coach Mike Leach. When asked about the 3 way tie and what he feels about Oklahoma going to the Big 12 title game, he said that it should have been decided based on graduation rates and that the Big 12 comittee should have an emergency meeting to pass this through.

BTW, Texas tech is #1 in graduation rate, Texas is 11th and Oklahoma is 12th.