NCAA Football count down! (updated)

Started by ycartrob, Jun 15, 2008, 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corey

My god, that's impressive. Holy shit.

BH

17 yards per attempt!  Yowser.

My Tigers can salvage the season with their first conference title in 40 years.  Not saying it's likely, but I kind of like going into a game two touchdown dogs for a change.  Who knows what might happen?  It's gonna be a cold one in KC.

Bring it Eazy Eric.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TEO

Quote17 yards per attempt!  Yowser.

My Tigers can salvage the season with their first conference title in 40 years.  Not saying it's likely, but I kind of like going into a game two touchdown dogs for a change.  Who knows what might happen?  It's gonna be a cold one in KC.

Bring it Eazy Eric.
Are you going? Jake and Rachel will be there... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

BH

Quote17 yards per attempt!  Yowser.

Bring it Eazy Eric.
Are you going? Jake and Rachel will be there... :)

I was considering it but it just wasn't going to work out.   Glad Jake will be there to represent!  I'm hoping the location will make for a somewhat MU heavy crowd.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

purvis9876

Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

purvis9876

TheBigChicken

I think I just saw Brad at college gameday on ESPN ;D  Did he shave and does he own a leather jacket.....maybe a my morning leather jacket ;)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

capt. scotty

fast start to this SEC championship game  :D :D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

megalicious

all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

ycartrob

That was the best Alabama looked all season. Florida covers the 10 points a little easier with Harvin in the game.

(if Javier Arenas didn't talk so much smack I wouldn't have laughed so hard when he stepped out of bounds at the 4 with that kickoff  ;D)

EAZYE

tim tebow is going to be tough to stop :-/

I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

capt. scotty

Quotetim tebow is going to be tough to stop :-/

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxe8R6BhdBQ&feature=related[/media]

I hate Tebow, but......Tebow that Ho!!!  ;D ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Penny Lane

looks like we've got Texas--any longhorns on this board that i can talk trash to?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ycartrob

Ole Miss has Texas Tech in the Cotton Bowl. We didn't give up more than 31 points in a game the entire year so it will be interesting to see how we do.

The BCS is the worst ever (just take a look at the Orange Bowl match up). The Orange Bowl used to be one of the premiere games, but Cincinnati vs. a 4 loss Va. Tech? yaaaawn......This year there has been a lot more talk about going to a playoff system (like every other college and pro sport). It's still a matter of time, but can you imagine how much better the BCS games would be if they knew the winner would go on to play another game rather than simply playing out their season for revenue?

BH

QuoteOle Miss has Texas Tech in the Cotton Bowl. We didn't give up more than 31 points in a game the entire year so it will be interesting to see how we do.

The BCS is the worst ever (just take a look at the Orange Bowl match up). The Orange Bowl used to be one of the premiere games, but Cincinnati vs. a 4 loss Va. Tech? yaaaawn......This year there has been a lot more talk about going to a playoff system (like every other college and pro sport). It's still a matter of time, but can you imagine how much better the BCS games would be if they knew the winner would go on to play another game rather than simply playing out their season for revenue?

That will be a good game I think.  (Ole Miss/TT).  I was hoping for more SEC/Big 12 matchups but I guess that one and the championship game will have to do.  I like the fact that USC and Penn State will play.  It's kind of like the two top teams from the "down year" conferences will duke it out and the two teams from the best conference will play in the championship.   I agree the Vtech/Cincinnati game sucks but I saw that coming with the ACC/Big East automatic bid.  I would hate for Alabama to lose but Utah winning would help throw more fuel on the playoff fire.

Why is Florida ahead of Alabama?   Florida's loss was much worse than Alabamas right?   The way I see it, the current system relies on "body of work" not head to head, so it shouldn't matter that Alabama lost to Florida.  Obviously this a bit tongue in cheek, but that's the way its set up so follow the rules right?

purvis9876

That Alabama game is going to be BOOORRRRRRIIIINNGG! Regardless of whether or not the score is close, I do not want to see any team play from Utah except the Jazz; and only if they brought back the Mail-man.

capt. scotty

QuoteThat Alabama game is going to be BOOORRRRRRIIIINNGG! Regardless of whether or not the score is close, I do not want to see any team play from Utah except the Jazz; and only if they brought back the Mail-man.

Utah is pretty damn good..Im not so sure theyre good enough to give Bama a run for their money, but theyre good.

capt. scotty

QuoteI think the most underrated team going right now might be Utah though

Meh. The only ranked opponent on their schedule is Brigham Young. The only ranked opponent on Brigham Young's schedule is Utah. Don't forget Ball State and their perfect record heading into the MAC Conference.

I think I was onto something in Mid-october  :)

Wouldnt that be wild if they beat Bama  :D

ycartrob

Why is Florida ahead of Alabama?   Florida's loss was much worse than Alabamas right?

I think it might have to do with SOS.
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/119

Alabama beat 4 teams with winning records; Florida beat 6
Alabama's opponents were  68-77; Florida's opps. were 79-66

Alabama beat Ole Miss by 4 (the team Florida lost to) so it wasn't like the Oklahoma rout of TT. Plus, Alabama really struggled against Tulane, Kentucky, Ole Miss and LSU whereas Florida beat the hell out of everyone (besides Ole Miss  ;)).

TRIVIA:

Who was the only team that Notre Dame lost to enroute to their National Championship season in 1977?

EAZYE

Quotelooks like we've got Texas--any longhorns on this board that i can talk trash to?

young lady I'll offer you a one night stand of I'll love your team if you love mine. ;)   This will be the first time I've ever rooted for your buckeyes as I want to see Texas lose at everything.

As a fan I'm not saying that Texas didn't have an argument to get into the game that we are, it just makes me smile that it happened to them.  Should make for an exciting atmosphere next year, I suspect the arrest rate will be up. :-/
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away