NCAA Football count down! (updated)

Started by ycartrob, Jun 15, 2008, 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corey

When I was growing up, I had two pet hampsters.  I named them
MC Hampster and the Humpster.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ycartrob

QuoteI think Tracy has some splainin' to do this morning about his alma matter's basketball coach.   That puts the "Obama's Middle Name" controversy to shame.

A) I didn't say anything

B) The truth will come out. The cab driver says it went down like that, Kennedy says it didn't. If he said it, then I can't support him. What's there for me to explain? I wasn't there.

ycartrob

Yeah, and my cards whipped Ole Miss last night, too.

well let's hope so, Louisville is #9 in the nation, playing the equivilant of a home game. The game was a lot closer than anyone expected. I don't know if Louisville got over confident with such an early big lead, but we were leading late in the game and if Warren hit a 3 for us down the stretch it might have been a different outcome. Pretty sure Pitino was not happy after that game.

Angry Ewok

QuoteWhat do you all think about Charles Barkley comments about Auburn's hire?  For that matter, what do you all think about Auburn's hire?  Dude leads Iowa State to a 2-11 record and gets a job at Auburn?  Something's fishy there.  Barkley obviously thinks there might be some racist people in Alabama.  I'll take his word for it.  :-X

Auburn looks really, really bad right now for passing on a coach who won his division for a guy who lost every division game. I think Charles Barkley would be disappointed no matter who they hired, if it wasn't a black guy - but yeah, he's right about the Good Ol' Boy network on the plains.

How else can you explain 8-5 (5-3) vs. 2-10 (0-8)?

One coach ends his season by defeating an undefeated team in a conference championship game, and the other ends his season with a ten game losing streak and counting.

And would you look at Auburn's schedule, next year...

West Virginia
Mississippi State
Kentucky
Ball State
@ Tennessee
@ Arkansas
Southern Miss
@ LSU
Ole Miss
Furman
@ Georgia
Alabama

This loser could have a 19-game losing streak before pulling off an upset against Furman High School.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

BH

QuoteI think Tracy has some splainin' to do this morning about his alma matter's basketball coach.   That puts the "Obama's Middle Name" controversy to shame.

A) I didn't say anything

B) The truth will come out. The cab driver says it went down like that, Kennedy says it didn't. If he said it, then I can't support him. What's there for me to explain? I wasn't there.

Yeah sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you had anything to do with it just because you went to school there.  

I thought the whole story was kind of funny actually.  I kept thinking the equivelent event happening in Afghanastan.  An Afghan university soccer coach gets in a fight with an American Cab driver and calls him an "fucking George Bush!"   Then, the Afghan media gets a hold of the story and it's the days biggest news!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

capt. scotty

QuoteJoePa gets 3 year contract extension

WE ARE.....PENN STATE

yeah i was glad to see that! i also heard you guys signed that QB so a lot of PSU fans were happy yesterday.

Yep...we got some guy who is considered a Top 10 QB recruit

Definitely needed that after Pat Devlin said hes transferring too

Knowing JoePa is here at least another 3 years should only help recruiting too, thank god

Getting Kevin Newsome was pretty big. He has a chance to be a three-year starter during his time at PSU. A good sign that PSU is sticking with an offense similar to when MRob held the throne and the current Clark offense.

I don't know if JoePa will finish out the three years. The contract had language saying it could be extended or shortened for various reasons. I think he'll finish two of them. The assistants get paid for 3 no matter what. I think Joe stays 2 and Tom Bradley takes over, which would be interesting. I don't really like when things stay in-house, but since he did alot of the coaching this year with Joe in the box, maybe it wouldn't be bad, plus Bradley gets a lot of the main recruits.

I 100% hope Bradley is the coach once JoePa is gone, and it is undoubtedly the best thing to do, but they might not due to him being fairly old already and also, he might not even want the job.

He was on a local TV sports show the other day, and seemed perfectly fine just being a DC.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

QuoteWhat do you all think about Charles Barkley comments about Auburn's hire?  For that matter, what do you all think about Auburn's hire?  Dude leads Iowa State to a 2-11 record and gets a job at Auburn?  Something's fishy there.  Barkley obviously thinks there might be some racist people in Alabama.  I'll take his word for it.  :-X

Part of it was def that Chizik was Auburns Def Coordinator not long ago (including hteir undefeated season)

Still BS, but Im sure that was part of the reason
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ycartrob

I heard an interview on Barkley about the Auburn hiring. Here are some of the excerpts:

"I was really pulling for Turner Gill when the job first opened," said Barkley, who doesn't know Gill personally. "I went on a couple of (radio) shows in Alabama. I just can't believe they picked this guy over Turner Gill. I'm just in shock."

Then, Barkley said the decision "doesn't surprise me at all."

He said he agreed to serve on Auburn's search committee to hire a basketball coach before the 2004-05 season on the condition the school hire a black candidate. He pitched Mike Davis, Mike Anderson and Jeff Capel as worthy candidates, and says now all three wanted the job. Auburn hired Jeff Lebo.

"They said, 'We're ready to hire a black coach,"' Barkley said. "I figured out right away they were not going to hire a black coach."

He said he went public with his complaints.

"They kicked me off the committee the next day," he said. "I have kept the secret about that for quite awhile. Clearly it's got something to do with race."

ycartrob

man, what a great picture from the best game of the year.

and the actual play

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjI1Cub_ofo[/media]

capt. scotty

Bout 27 hours til probably the best New Years festivities begins  :D

That Oregon-Okla St game last night turned into a barnburner too

Crispy

That Oregon-Okla St game last night turned into a barnburner too

I thought it sucked.   >:(
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

mjkoehler

Here we go, NU vs Clemson. Come on Huskers.....

mjkoehler

Penny Lane

Rose Bowl= :-(  at least they scored a couple TDs which is more than we could do against USC. this is sad, i hate the trojans. i think kirk herbstreit has a crush on Mark Sanchez, too.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

bearass

im intrigued about this utah alabama game itll be a good one to watch...... i hope

primushead

Brad! What gives?  Down by 21 to Utah in the 1st quarter?  

This isn't a UNC/Kansas Final Four game is it?

ycartrob

Ole Miss kicked that Texas Tech ass.

Bama, on the other hand...

corey

That Ole Miss game was awesome to watch.

Gregg, the Bama problem was pretty evident. The commentators touched on it several times. Andre Smith is the anchor of the offensive line. With his suspension, the entire line was shifted around. The guy that replaced him was injured on our 2nd or 3rd possession. It's hard to think that the entire outcome of a game can be changed that much because of the absence of one player, but I really think it made a difference for everyone to have to play a different position. He was out during the Tulane game as well and they ran all over our O-line. Yeah, I said Tulane.

Either way, our record was better than I expected this season, so I can't really complain. It just sucks to go out with our only 2 losses being the last 2 games of the season. Also, I watched tonight's game from the waiting room of the hospital. My grandmother is in ICU. It's not lookin' good.   :(

BH

QuoteThat Ole Miss game was awesome to watch.

Gregg, the Bama problem was pretty evident. The commentators touched on it several times. Andre Smith is the anchor of the team. With his suspension, the entire line was shifted around. The guy that replaced him was injured on our 2nd or 3rd possession. It's hard to think that the entire outcome of a game can be changed that much because of the absence of one player, but I really think it made a difference for everyone to have to play a different position. He was out during the Tulane game as well and they ran all over our O-line. Yeah, I said Tulane.

Either way, our record was better than I expected this season, so I can't really complain. It just sucks to go out with our only 2 losses being the last 2 games of the season. Also, I watched tonight's game from the waiting room of the hospital. My grandmother is in ICU. It's not lookin' good.   :(

Sorry to hear that corey.  Puts things in perspective.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

EAZYE

QuoteOle Miss kicked that Texas Tech ass.

Bama, on the other hand...

My Big 12 bias thought Tech would beat your rebels by at least 10, so congrats on a good win.  Looks like Mr. Nutt has done some good.

BH, and MJ way to represent the conference.  Crispy why did you guys have to let us down? :-?

I hope we don't have what happened to Alabama happen to us.  We are going to be missing our version of Percy Harvin on Thursday night.  I'm getting kind of nervous, either way it should be a great game.  If anyone else wants to pull for my Sooners it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Eric
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away