Hello, 3am.

Started by eiseyrokker, Mar 08, 2009, 03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomEisenbraun

Just turned a very sudden 3 o'clock in the morning here and wanted to remind everyone to not forget to switch the clocks forward! Daylight Savings is upon us!
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

meggha

Thanks for reminding me. I hate this time of year. :P Too much to do in already too little time, and now I have to lose an hour that I need NOW not in the fall.
>:(
"Yeah, it's chaos, it's clocks, it's watermelons, it's everything."

aMillionDreams

I don't understand why we still practice DLS time.  I remember it had something to do with farmers, but farmer's now make up less than 5% of the population.  Can't they just get up with the sun and let the rest of us be?

Why do I still wake up at 6:30 every morning?  Even on the Sunday we set our clocks ahead?  That's one hell of an internal alarm clock!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

goose

I always thought it had to do with the retail market.  Like you said about getting up at 6:30 everyday, farmers don't give a shit about time.  They're just going to do it.
Hooked on four like one, two, three

mjkoehler

QuoteI don't understand why we still practice DLS time.  I remember it had something to do with farmers, but farmer's now make up less than 5% of the population.  Can't they just get up with the sun and let the rest of us be?

Why do I still wake up at 6:30 every morning?  Even on the Sunday we set our clocks ahead?  That's one hell of an internal alarm clock!
agreed. DLS doesn't faze me. I wake before my alarm and I'm up earlier then I need to be on the weekends. Stupid body clock.

Love Dogg

Yeah, but in the peak of the summertime, when it's not getting dark until 9:45 or some shit, that is a real advantage for some of us.  Especially the ones of us who practically live on the time zone line anyways.  Louisville is on the far western limits of the Eastern Time Zone so we somehow are able to get just a little more out of the sun than say, the people who live in the eastern most part of the Central Time Zone.

All of this would be happening an hour earlier if we didn't move our clocks ahead...just sayin'.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

the sun and moon

So if you're three hours ahead of me, does that mean you're living in the future?!  :D What's it like three hours from now? Has technology progressed in any way? What are you wearing? What's in style? Any new cures?

Love Dogg

QuoteSo if you're three hours ahead of me, does that mean you're living in the future?!  :D What's it like three hours from now? Has technology progressed in any way? What are you wearing? What's in style? Any new cures?

Well technically yes.  However in Kentucky, everything happens 30 years late.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

MarkW

Bollocks.  Our clocks don't go forward until 29 March.  I neeeeeed some more daylight.

EDIT: I know the amount of daylight doesn't change.  It just feels that way.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

tomEisenbraun

QuoteSo if you're three hours ahead of me, does that mean you're living in the future?!  :D What's it like three hours from now? Has technology progressed in any way? What are you wearing? What's in style? Any new cures?

It's 1959. Janey is handing me the glass.

It's 1966, and she's packing: tearful; careless with anger...

The photograph lies in the sand at my feet.

getinthevan

Nice.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Gripe

Nice.

If only the semi-colon would transform...

Englishbots, move out!

tomEisenbraun

Hey, blame Alan Moore!