Main Menu

Ancestry

Started by AngryEwok, Mar 26, 2009, 12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Ewok

Has anyone else ever tried to establish their ancestry?

Any tips? Good genealogy sites or services worth recommending?

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

capt. scotty

Talk to your grandparents if theyre still around
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

mjkoehler

My mum did my dad's family and her family years ago and is sending me a bunch of stuff. I am not sure how far back they go. I know my mum's maidenname has been traced back to the 400-500's.

My wife has been working on her dad's side for a while know. They've gone all the back to post Roman pre William the Conqueror times. They are all over the damn place, Italy, England, Ireland, France, Luxembourg.

pawpaw

One of my aunts has done a lot of work tracing our family tree. I know that she's used ancestry.com, but she's also done research while traveling in the countries/towns our family originate from. She's way into it, and she's put together some really cool stuff.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Angry Ewok

I have a tree in the works with Ancestry.com - ask your aunt for me if she used the paid service and if it was any good. I'm working on establishing documentation of our ancestry - I'm missing a few links that I may never be able to find, but our family is pretty colorful- from Elvis Presley to General John Bell Hood.

*was trying to find a goofy picture of me since I've lost weight, but just imagine an awesome photo of me here...*

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

pawpaw

QuoteI have a tree in the works with Ancestry.com - ask your aunt for me if she used the paid service and if it was any good. I'm working on establishing documentation of our ancestry - I'm missing a few links that I may never be able to find, but our family is pretty colorful- from Elvis Presley to General John Bell Hood.

*was trying to find a goofy picture of me sense I've lost weight, but just imagine an awesome photo of me here...*

That would be quite the triptych!

I'm pretty sure she's used the pay part of the site...I'll ask her in a few weeks when I see her what she thought of it. Also, I'm not sure if it would be helpful, but the Ellis Island site has some cool features plus records on immigration, if your family made their way through there at some point.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Love Dogg

QuoteI have a tree in the works with Ancestry.com - ask your aunt for me if she used the paid service and if it was any good. I'm working on establishing documentation of our ancestry - I'm missing a few links that I may never be able to find, but our family is pretty colorful- from Elvis Presley to General John Bell Hood.

*was trying to find a goofy picture of me sense I've lost weight, but just imagine an awesome photo of me here...*

Brad, that's you in the photo on the left isn't it?   ;)
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."