Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

megalicious

all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Ruckus

Quotethat's really cool.
:o

Hey thanks Meg!

I tried it at my last row home and the molding which I painted and nailed up to my rental ended up not being wide enough to hold the records and I didn't want to do any more damage to the walls by pulling em out and nailing in new ones.

So I waited until I moved into my new place which has many lengthy white walls.  Definitely a lot more I didn't post.

I was wondering if any others put their vinyl up on their walls.  I figured some do right?

Ruckus

Oh and for BBill, there's a Herbie Takin' Off up there for ya.  Still steaming over you swiping that in the Island Draft.

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

capt. scotty

I was wondering if any others put their vinyl up on their walls.  I figured some do right?

I only got about 8 LP's but they be up there!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Love Dogg

And to get back on topic, I recently built a new shelf to hold my cds, and was excited about getting them back out so they can breathe and be handy.  To my surprise, I didn't have as many cds as I thought I did.  But I've still got a few hundred...maybe 350-400 cds, not counting Jacket shows.  Some of them are pretty tacky, and hopefully never revealed.  But I've got them on there too to take up room, and the whole bottom shelf is cd-rs and junk.

The rest is alphabetized by artist (by release date).  I used to have solo projects and side projects with the main group or artist because it was easier for a guest (who will usually have free reign to choose what gets played) to identify.  Otherwise, they may not know who Richard Manuel is.  But then I thought...wait a minute.  Suggestions certainly are welcome, but I, as the host-and setting and lighting enthusiast, must be responsible for a good soundtrack for the evening's story.  Therefore I want everything alphabetical.  I don't have enough for genres, then alphabetical, but I can do this.

I do have some discrepancies though, like collaborations and stuff.  For the most part, soundtracks will go in the alphabet by movie title, unless the whole album is one artist like the Fight Club soundtrack (Dust Bros.).  But compilations are tough, because I don't know where to put it.  Like this Canned Heat & John Lee Hooker collab.  It should probly go with Hooker, but it couldn't be possible without Canned Heat, whom I have listened to since I was six years old.  So it gets moved back and forth.

But I will put the George Harrison EP in the J's.  I won't put it in the Y's...I don't care what itunes does.

Otherwise...

I have a hundred or so LP's that aren't in any order yet.  I'd like to get them alphabetized eventually, but right now it's pretty cool to have to look at each one of them until one jumps out and lets me know if it wants to be played.  That's kind of a treat.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

aMillionDreams

my dad collects signed records and hangs them along the top of the wall like a border.  I can't help but wonder how many of those autographs are fake (he buys them all on ebay).  Maybe half of them.  :-/
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

TheBigChicken

How do you listen to the albums if they are hanging on the wall ? Just curious. Good looking nonetheless
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Love Dogg

QuoteHow do you listen to the albums if they are hanging on the wall ? Just curious. Good looking nonetheless

I have that problem with most of the Jacket stuff because I can't afford two copies of everything...but for the most part, I have duplicates of all of The Band records.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?