Chicago Marathon -- 2009

Started by mjkoehler, May 02, 2009, 12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

QuoteProbably all over the course, actually - my best friend is running it too, so we're going to try to catch her at a couple different places.  Probably mile 8, 15, 21, and the finish?  What's your pace?
plus my foolish self booked a return flight at 6PM so I have to be motivated to finish with a good time, get the hell out of the chaos that will be the park shortly after finishing, head back to my friends to shower and consumer my body weight in homemade gellato apparently, and hit O'hare. Why did I not pick a flight next day  :-/

Ah, but just think, you'll be at home sleeping in your own bed that same night.  I think you'll be thankful for that!

Penny, right now I'm torn between doing a Run Thru/They Ran sign...maybe one on each side?   :-?  I'd do a MoF sign, but I'm not getting strong "running" vibes from the album....  ;)

I kinda like "Slow Down Ko" for a slogan...but I don't think that's the message I'm trying to convey   ;D
Run Thru/They Ran works for me.

Yeah, we don't want to hear anything about slowin down.

mjkoehler

Oh dear, low in the 20's on Saturday night and high only in the 40's with a 60% chance of Snow. What.The.Fuck?!?! Hey Al Gore, take that global warming and shove it dude? Didn't Chicago have a heat wave 2 years ago?

Soulshine

QuoteOh dear, low in the 20's on Saturday night and high only in the 40's with a 60% chance of Snow. What.The.Fuck?!?! Hey Al Gore, take that global warming and shove it dude? Didn't Chicago have a heat wave 2 years ago?

I have mad respect for you. Best of luck this weekend!  :)
Because we're all in this together...

Penny Lane

QuoteOh dear, low in the 20's on Saturday night and high only in the 40's with a 60% chance of Snow. What.The.Fuck?!?! Hey Al Gore, take that global warming and shove it dude? Didn't Chicago have a heat wave 2 years ago?

Relax! Cool weather is good. :-) you'll warm up fast...snow i'm not so sure about...but i have faith that it will hold off!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjkoehler

Relax! Cool weather is good. :-) you'll warm up fast...snow i'm not so sure about...but i have faith that it will hold off!
Cold is good, snow is bad. 40's actually for me would be ideal. Of course a blizzard would be nice and I get trapped in Chicago for an extra day or 2. I wouldn't complain.

Taterbug

Cold is good, snow is bad. 40's actually for me would be ideal. Of course a blizzard would be nice and I get trapped in Chicago for an extra day or 2. I wouldn't complain.

It better not snow, I'm going on a charity Motorcycle run. Looks like I'm gonna have to bust out the assless chaps.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Soulshine

It better not snow, I'm going on a charity Motorcycle run. Looks like I'm gonna have to bust out the assless chaps.

All chaps are assless  ;)
Because we're all in this together...

mjkoehler

All chaps are assless  ;)
That's hot

ALady

Better the cold than the temps in the 90s they had two years ago...it was rough even watching that one!   :D

My bestie is home sick today with a 100 degree fever.  I don't know if she'll even be able to run this weekend.   :-/  I'm bringing her some chicken soup and Gatorade after work.  She requested cupcakes too...heh.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Penny Lane

Better the cold than the temps in the 90s they had two years ago...it was rough even watching that one!   :D

My bestie is home sick today with a 100 degree fever.  I don't know if she'll even be able to run this weekend.   :-/  I'm bringing her some chicken soup and Gatorade after work.  She requested cupcakes too...heh.

i hope she feels better. to have done all that training and then get sick :-( lots of gatorade!!

ALady

Thanks, Penny.  I just talked to her and she sounds terrible...all stuffy.   :(
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

mjkoehler

i hope she feels better. to have done all that training and then get sick :-( lots of gatorade!!
Yikes. I hope she feels better. Cupcakes makes everyone feel better

Penny Lane

mine is next sunday and i've been vitamin loading like crazy. i'll probably break out the airborne before i get on the plane friday, too. no chances!

Penny Lane

cupcakes? why did someone tell me wild turkey makes everything all better..

mjkoehler

mine is next sunday and i've been vitamin loading like crazy. i'll probably break out the airborne before i get on the plane friday, too. no chances!
Yep. People are all coughing like mad here at work. I've already started an airbourne regiment and will be hitting them hard Saturday.

AMightyCaporal

Yep. People are all coughing like mad here at work. I've already started an airbourne regiment and will be hitting them hard Saturday.

Get some Vitamin C too- works like a charm
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

bowl of soup

Run like someone is chasing you brother.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

aMillionDreams

RE: All this vitamin talk.

Eating an apple is much more nutritious than choking down vitamin C pills. Your body doesn't absorb the nutrients in pills as well as it does naturally through eating fruits, veggies, and animal proteins. Mix it up and eat something green everyday.

You all probably already do that and take vitamin as a supplement but I just had to throw it out there.

Oh, and good luck runners!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

mjkoehler

Whew, the forecast changed. Partly sunny, high in the mid 40's and only a 10% chance of precip. Whew!

mjkoehler

Peace out kiddos, getting ready to head to the airport.

Thanks to everyone here you donated and enouraged me. I'll try to do everyone proud.

See y'all in a couple days.