Chicago Marathon -- 2009

Started by mjkoehler, May 02, 2009, 12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

When you read this it will all be over but very best of luck Sir!

With you in spirit...supporting from the sidelines, not running the marathon  ;)

Andrew.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

TheBigChicken

May the force be with you :D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Penny Lane

Wondering how MJK is doing right about now!!??
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjkoehler

Ahhhhh. Finally all this shite is dooooone.

OK so it was colder then a well diggers ass in Chicago this weekend. I mean really fucking cold. The problem with the cold is ummm bladders tend to shrink which explains 3 of the 4 stops I hade to make. The lines where way long which f'ed up my time. I'm not one to whip it out and pee on the side of a building or drop a duece behind the dumpster in an alley.

I saw more nekkid female ass then I did the last time I went to one of those clubs. Some girls really are not afraid to drop trough and squat anywhere. I would have made about 4:30-4:45 but because of my potty breaks I ended up doing 5:28. I'm not gonna complain about that at all considering this was my first and it was very crowded.

I saw some freaks along the route. A man dressed in a pink tutu and crown and crocs, a man in full Will Ferral Semi Pro gear complete with giant fro. He was smoking and drinking beer through the course...not sure how. My favs were a group dressed as Marvel superheros. Not only were they having a good time, but they were nice and warm. Smart peoples.

I didn't see ALady on the course, but from where she told me she was at, I was running a pretty good clip so I may have missed her. And the best part, the last mile of the race, Dondonte kicked in and I crossed the finish line to the saxaphone fade out at the end.

All and all a fantastic weekend. Stayed at an old friend's house, who I have seen 18 years and it was a bit emotional. Met her husband who is supercool. Had a great dinner and an excellent post run lunch.

I can now officially cross this sumbitch off my list of things to do.

Body feels good, just stiff. And I'm chaffed in a few nether regions.

dragonboy

;D

Heck of an achievement Mike! Much respect my good friend!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

TheBigChicken

the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Penny Lane

Congrats!! Hope you're walking around w/the 'runner's high' for a few days. Chi-town sounds cold. yikes.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjkoehler

More like shuffling instead of walking today. It was way cold, especially on the El platform waiting for the train.

EDIT- And I'm fucking SORE today.

ALady

Congrats mjk!  You did it!!!!

I didn't see you or my friend at Belmont & Addison...it was really crowded there.  :-/  We only stayed there until the 4:00 crowd went through, and then watched the rest from Chinatown, which was fun.  I did finally see her there, but she didn't see me.  Ah well.  As it turns out it's quite difficult to pick people out of a crowd of 45,000!   ;D

She finished in 4:02...she really wanted to break 4 this year, but it was pretty impressive that she finished at all with her swine flu attack earlier in the week.  I had one friend who did it in 3:08 and qualified for the Boston Marathon (woohoo!) and another who pulled something midway and finished in 5:06.

It was COLD just watching you guys!  I had a full-on winter coat, scarf and hat on.  Winter comes early to Chicago this year!  

Congrats Congrats Congrats!  Do you think you'll do another?

....and did you do the ice bath?   ;)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

kydiddle

Congrats!

Quite a few of my friends are runners and I really admire people who have that dedication. Way to go! :)
Cow temperature.

mjkoehler

I probably will not do another, besides I do not think my wife would put up with this again.

I kept an out out for your signs, but yeah it's hard to keep an eye out in the huge crowds at some of the stops. I really was gunning for the better time, but silly mother nature kept calling.

capt. scotty

Congrats, man!!

I could only imagine the dedication needed to train for one of those mofos and get a decent time, let alone finish it at all.

Something to cross off the big list. Well done.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

BH

Nice going Mike!  I'm impressed!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjkoehler

Official results for the stats dorks in us all.

Overall Standing - 29,211 (I think there was just over 48,000 people officially)
Men's Overall - 17,245
Age Division - 3,002

Official net time is clocked at 05:28:04. I can back out at least 30 minutes for bathroom breaks if not a little more. Stupid bladder.

Soulshine

QuoteAhhhhh. Finally all this shite is dooooone.

OK so it was colder then a well diggers ass in Chicago this weekend. I mean really fucking cold. The problem with the cold is ummm bladders tend to shrink which explains 3 of the 4 stops I hade to make. The lines where way long which f'ed up my time. I'm not one to whip it out and pee on the side of a building or drop a duece behind the dumpster in an alley.

I saw more nekkid female ass then I did the last time I went to one of those clubs. Some girls really are not afraid to drop trough and squat anywhere. I would have made about 4:30-4:45 but because of my potty breaks I ended up doing 5:28. I'm not gonna complain about that at all considering this was my first and it was very crowded.

I saw some freaks along the route. A man dressed in a pink tutu and crown and crocs, a man in full Will Ferral Semi Pro gear complete with giant fro. He was smoking and drinking beer through the course...not sure how. My favs were a group dressed as Marvel superheros. Not only were they having a good time, but they were nice and warm. Smart peoples.

I didn't see ALady on the course, but from where she told me she was at, I was running a pretty good clip so I may have missed her. And the best part, the last mile of the race, Dondonte kicked in and I crossed the finish line to the saxaphone fade out at the end.

All and all a fantastic weekend. Stayed at an old friend's house, who I have seen 18 years and it was a bit emotional. Met her husband who is supercool. Had a great dinner and an excellent post run lunch.

I can now officially cross this sumbitch off my list of things to do.

Body feels good, just stiff. And I'm chaffed in a few nether regions.

Good for you man...like I said-mad respect. One day I hope to get there, but for now I stick with my lil 5K's.  :P
Because we're all in this together...