Fantasy Football '09

Started by true, Jul 22, 2009, 05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

I thought I was stacked with the 8RBs I have, but Walt has 9 and is missing 2 IDP's  ;D

Yeah, I didn't have a clue on IDP's, and the draft window didn't allow me to see my bye weeks. (Cassel and Brady same bye) I figure there's still a bunch of IDP left, so I'll be alright. Just gonna wait for them all to get off waivers first. I fucked up on the McClain pick, I can't believe I did that, fucking stupid! So dropping a couple of players shouldn't be too hard.

There's plenty of good IDP's out there still. Moreso than normal  because only half the league or a little more actually did their homework and picked players worth rostering. Id jump on DL though because there are the fewest of those.

Yeah, I dont like McClain this year at all. He's going to play more traditional FB role, Rice is going to be featured, and I would expect McGahee to have a similar numbers as last year or better. If one were to get injured though, he'll be decent. Maroney isnt worth rostering, so you basically got you 2 players there.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Killgies

When are we able to drop players and sign FA's?
"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

capt. scotty

QuoteWhen are we able to drop players and sign FA's?

looks like tomorrow
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

I thought I was stacked with the 8RBs I have, but Walt has 9 and is missing 2 IDP's  ;D

Yeah, I didn't have a clue on IDP's, and the draft window didn't allow me to see my bye weeks. (Cassel and Brady same bye) I figure there's still a bunch of IDP left, so I'll be alright. Just gonna wait for them all to get off waivers first. I fucked up on the McClain pick, I can't believe I did that, fucking stupid! So dropping a couple of players shouldn't be too hard.

There's plenty of good IDP's out there still. Moreso than normal  because only half the league or a little more actually did their homework and picked players worth rostering. Id jump on DL though because there are the fewest of those.

Yeah, I dont like McClain this year at all. He's going to play more traditional FB role, Rice is going to be featured, and I would expect McGahee to have a similar numbers as last year or better. If one were to get injured though, he'll be decent. Maroney isnt worth rostering, so you basically got you 2 players there.

That's what pissed me off, I knew Ray Rice would be the feature back, but for some stupidass reason I didn't draft him. I realize what I did, and then you drafted Ray Rice, like a dick. I see where you're going with this Headdy, that's right I'm on to you. You want me to drop McClain AND Maroney so you can have the most RB's, well, that's NOT going to happen! I actually won't be dropping Maroney. I have a gut instinct telling me that he could get his shit together this year. After-all this is the Year of The Patroit! I can't wait for AMD to throw that one is my face. He didn't stop himself from mentioning the Year of The Wideout from last year. Maybe I need to shut up.  ;D
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

corey

I have to admit that I didn't do my homework on IDPs like I should have.  :-[

ManNamedTruth

I didn't do my homework either, i let autopick pick my IDP's and some of my bench.

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

capt. scotty

QuoteI have to admit that I didn't do my homework on IDPs like I should have.  :-[

your guys are pretty good, true needs help though

corey

I felt pretty good about my picks. I knew I wanted Allen for sure. Everybody after that was a toss-up.  

Crispy

QuoteI just checked out the rosters and man, I think Crispy's team is stacked.

Brilliant drafting I say, Brilliant [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Autodraft rules! ;)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ManNamedTruth

Damn it, AMD added James Harrison. I couldn't find him on that list during the draft. I made some changes on my defense, how'd I do Headdy?

I had my money league draft today. There's 8 teams, so almost everyone's team looks good. Here's my team:

QB - Tom Brady
WR - Larry Fitzgerald, Marques Colston, Chad Ochocinco
RB - Steven Jackson, Clinton Portis
TE - Chris Cooley
K - David Akers
D - Dallas
Bench - Ronnie Brown, Bernard Berrian, Willie Parker, Lendale White, Kevin Walter

capt. scotty

QuoteDamn it, AMD added James Harrison. I couldn't find him on that list during the draft. I made some changes on my defense, how'd I do Headdy?

I had my money league draft today. There's 8 teams, so almost everyone's team looks good. Here's my team:

QB - Tom Brady
TE - Chris Cooley
K - David Akers
D - Dallas
Bench - Ronnie Brown, Bernard Berrian, Willie Parker, Lendale White, Kevin Walter

Mayo will be good, McGee is decent, I doubt Haynesworth is worth having. I dont think any DT is, unless all the good sack artist DE's are gone.

That team looks good. I dont know how you got Brady, Fitz, and S-Jax, but I think that team will live and die with S-Jax. Ronnie Brown I think has upside and should be a steady #3 RB for you. LenDale would be huge if CJ3 goes down. Your WR's look solid, although if Ocho doesnt return to form, theyre probably below average foran 8 team league, but im not sure.

looks like a solid team, but like you said, they all look good with only 8 teams. Jackson is they key IMO.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteDamn it, AMD added James Harrison. I couldn't find him on that list during the draft. I made some changes on my defense, how'd I do Headdy?

QB - Tom Brady
TE - Chris Cooley
K - David Akers
D - Dallas

Mayo will be good, McGee is decent, I doubt Haynesworth is worth having. I dont think any DT is, unless all the good sack artist DE's are gone.

That team looks good. I dont know how you got Brady, Fitz, and S-Jax, but I think that team will live and die with S-Jax. Ronnie Brown I think has upside and should be a steady #3 RB for you. LenDale would be huge if CJ3 goes down. Your WR's look solid, although if Ocho doesnt return to form, theyre probably below average foran 8 team league, but im not sure.

looks like a solid team, but like you said, they all look good with only 8 teams. Jackson is they key IMO.

I had the seventh pick in round one. Jackson was my first pick, then Fitz, and Brady was my third pick. Aaron Rodgers was selected first overall.  :o

Ruckus

QB - Tom Brady
TE - Chris Cooley
K - David Akers
D - Dallas

I had the seventh pick in round one. Jackson was my first pick, then Fitz, and Brady was my third pick. Aaron Rodgers was selected first overall.  :o

What league are you in where Rodgers goes 1st? ;D ;D  I do think he will have a hell of a year though.

I actually believe you have a decent to good receiving core even in an eight team league.  A healthy Colston could have another huge year and Fitz is Fitz.  

Ha, I got Fitz and Colston in our league so I gotta give ya love :)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

.Walt

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Hawkeye

My team this year:

Drew Brees
Brett Favre
Ryan Grant
Reggie Bush
Felix Jones
Jamal Lewis
Shonn Greene
Jerious Norwood
Steve Smith
Roy Williams
Percy Harvin
Devin Hester
Devery Henderson
Visanthe Shiancoe
Heath Miller
Robbie Gould
Chicago Bears

If you can't tell, I'm a Bears fan...not sure what to think of this team...a lot of flash but maybe a little short on consistency.  Part of my thinking was just to take some dangerous players off the board, keeping them from other teams...Harvin, Hester, Jones are all gambles but I could see any of them putting up huge numbers in a given week, same with Bush and Steve Smith
We could.

capt. scotty

I usually try to critique teams positively, but Im not liking your team too much. I like Ryan Grant, but as a #2 RB. I like Bush and especially Jones a good bit, but both are gambles like you said because of injuries and touches, respectively. If you had 1 other workhorse RB ahead of them, your RBs would be very good. If you only start 2 and dont have a flex, you should be able to get by. Norwood will be big for your team if Turner goes down.

IMO Roy Williams is overrated and I expect him to put up WR3 numbers more often than WR2. I like Hester, but neither of your other WRs have high floors (like say, Driver or Mason) and I have a feeling neither will be on your roster by mid-season so they dont give you much help if Hester doesnt pan out. Based on what Ive been reading and hearing, you might be better off dropping Henderson for Robert Meachem. Im pretty sure he's already ahead of Henderson on the depth chart.

Your TE's are borderline starters in a 12 team league (which Im assuming yours is) so youre not going to make up slack here. I dont see Shiancoe ending up the 5th best TE again, but stranger things have happened.

To go far youre defintiely going to need to hope Brees puts up another huge year, Grant ends up a Top 10 RB, Bush stays healthy, Jones stays healthy and is consistent enough to start weekly, and Roy Williams puts up numbers youd expect from Romo's #1 WR.

Not trying to hate, thats just a lot you need to have go your way.

capt. scotty

WHOA!

Walt - how many shots of Rumplemintz did you have to accept that trade from Ruckus?! Its terrible.

COLLUSION!!

Hawkeye

All good points Headdy.  I picked Brees with my first pick, Steve Smith with my 2nd...maybe too high for Smith?  You didn't mention him at all in your critique?  There weren't many running backs to pick from by the time my pick rolled around in the 3rd round, so I had to go with Grant.  I'm in a keeper league, so there were a LOT of good players held from last year...if I can find the list of who was kept I'll post it here, but it took a lot of good players off the board right away.  Unfortunately, I had no one worth keeping, as I had a terrible team last year, so I kept the Bears D...it was admittedly a "homer" pick, but I really had no one else I wanted to keep.  I am definitely counting on Brees to have a BIG year, and Roy Williams to at least put up decent numbers.  I tried to get a few consistent guys and then went all out for the flashy players with high ceilings, if nothing else to keep them off other guys' rosters.  We'll see if it works.
We could.

capt. scotty

I figured your draft went: Brees, Smith, Grant, Bush, Williams, Jones...

I like Smith, but I have 6 WRs ranked ahead of him but Jennings and Boldin barely. If you took him in the 2nd, you either passed over a couple of the other guys, or they were gone because you had a late 2nd (and if thats the scenario, you must have picked Brees top 5 which is too early for my blood).

I would think there would have been a RB better than Bush available in the 4th, WR better than Roy in the 5th, and an RB better than Jones in the 6th, but I dont know. I think that set you back more than Smith or Brees.

I have no idea why you kept the Bears D though. There had to be someone on your team better than a defense youd take in the 10th round.

Hawkeye

Here was my team last year:

Tony Romo - couldn't keep
Matt Cassell
Jamal Lewis
Larry Johnson - couldn't keep
Willie Parker - couldn't keep
Brandon Jacobs - couldn't keep
Steve Breaston
Wes Welker - couldn't keep
Hines Ward
Ted Ginn
Marvin Harrison
Santana Moss
Desmond Clark
Dustin Keller
Robbie Gould
Bears D
Titans D

See anyone that really jumps out at you as a keeper?  I didn't.  Maybe the Titans D, but again, the Bears D was a homer pick.  Usually, at least in the league I'm in, the D very rarely makes or breaks you, and none of those other players seemed worth keeping to me, or they were at least easily replaceable.
We could.