Calvin Johnson
Steve Slaton
DeAngelo Williams
Bears Team D - mine
Jason Witten
Matt Forte
Phillip Rivers
Chris Johnson

No matter who I picked from last year, they wouldn't have stacked up with ANY of these keepers...no offense Santana Moss
We could.

.Walt

QuoteWHOA!

Walt - how many shots of Rumplemintz did you have to accept that trade from Ruckus?! Its terrible.

COLLUSION!!

It comes down to a thing called an everyday player. Berrian is not worth anything to me if sits on the bench, but could be worth someone to you. I'm getting a starter, someone who will play every week. I will only gain 20 points by doing this trade, but 20 points is a improvement, whether ranking or your opinion says different.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

QuoteThe keepers this year, guys who were off limits before the draft started:

Greg Jennings
Michael Turner
Calvin Johnson
Steve Slaton
DeAngelo Williams
Bears Team D - mine
Jason Witten
Matt Forte
Phillip Rivers
Chris Johnson

No matter who I picked from last year, they wouldn't have stacked up with ANY of these keepers...no offense Santana Moss

Im assuming you couldnt keep those guys on the other page because youve kept them their maximum amount of years, but Hines Ward (or Santana Moss) is definitely worth more to keep than a defense.

How thin your WR's are after Williams pretty much substantiates that.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

QuoteWHOA!

Walt - how many shots of Rumplemintz did you have to accept that trade from Ruckus?! Its terrible.

COLLUSION!!

It comes down to a thing called an everyday player. Berrian is not worth anything to me if sits on the bench, but could be worth someone to you. I'm getting a starter, someone who will play every week. I will only gain 20 points by doing this trade, but 20 points is a improvement, whether ranking or your opinion says different.

Since when is the bench not valuable?! The bench usually decides what teams are the best, because undoubtedly, everyone's team will have injuries.

Just look at your own team - Moreno and J-Stewart have both been injured all preseason and possibly wont even get touches week 1. Berrian is an easy start that week, especially considering Stewart plays Philly. So he's already a starter for you. Not only that, but you have Holmes in your starting lineup, and Berrian got 36 more points then him last year.

I dont know where youre getting this "20 points" thing from. There's a LB on the WW who got only 7 less pts than Ware last year. Ray Lewis on your team only have 15pts less than Ware last year (less than a point per game). And mark my words, Ware will not put up 20 sacks again. Expect his ending point total to be 25pts or so less than last year.

Moreover, only 1 WR thats available is within 45 points of what Berrian put up last year - with Travis Jackson throwing to him - and thats Isaac Bruce, who I doubt comes anywhere close to his 08 numbers.

You logic is flawed. First, you cant base everything off last year. Second, just because a guy is on your bench doesnt mean he isnt valuable. Based on what your saying, if your RBs were stacked and you had Ronnie Brown on your bench, youd trade him for Domenik Hixon because he could start for you because your WR's are weak. Trades dont make sense unless youre getting what your player's worth in return.

Bravo to Ruckus, because he is swindling you like a streetside card game. But if not enough people notice the trade and vote against, ill be kind of pissed because its extremely one sided in Ruckus' favor. Youve never done IDP's so maybe its hard for you to understand, but theres a reason a "bench player" like Berrian went over a round before any IDP's even went off the board
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

Here's the deal with you. You watch your fantasy football videos, you read blogs, and have 5 mags. Pretty much a joke. You think you have all this expert advice, and that you're an expert....you're not. But reading your past messages, it's almost that you think you are. Fantasy Football is a joke, and I don't take it that seriously. You give a random chick a magazine and tell her to draft, chances are she'll field a competitive team. If there's one thing I've learned by "know it all's" like you, is that I have more fun watching you lose. Fantasy Football is easy to win, and not hard to play. So please keep your mouth shut, because at the end of the season, your mouth could have a dick in it.

capt. scotty

I dont know it all, but I do know what Im talking about. Ive done this long enough where I dont use all that shit, I just do my own projections, plug em into the scoring system, and go with it. Sure there is luck involved, just like any fantasy sport, but hurting your team with retarded trades doesnt make your team more likely to win, its actually the opposite.

Just trying to help you out with future endeavors, brah.

Im interested to see if Ruckus thinks youre getting beat as bad as I do.

.Walt

You're not a know it all? What? Has anyone else played the critic? No. I love how you said not to go off of last year, but quickly pointed out that Holmes had less points than Berrian. So you can talk about last year? Oh, and way to go out on a limb about Ware. 20 sacks to going to tough to do. What blog did you read to have figure that one out? I also love the "I've been doing this long enough" line. I NEVER heard that one before. Face it, you're a fantasy football Nazi, and you think you can predict the future like Ms. Cleo. I just prefer for you to keep your piggy mouth shut about my team, and anyone else. Because at the end of year, you could easily be last holding your 5 wasted magazines and we all will be laughing at you.

capt. scotty

I critique stuff because I love football and fantasy football, especially this time of the year. It might not be right, but its my opinion. Sorry its negative towards your team, but that be the truth. Ignore it if you dont like it.

Im not Nostradamus, but I could ask the Alabama Leprechaun if this trade was bad for you and it would tell me hell yes.

If my team doesnt make the playoffs, I wont play next year. I think its that stacked.

.Walt

Tracy would be happy right now.   8-)

Ruckus

Jeebus!  The ole Cap'n don't know when to lay off the gas pedal.  No pun intended though I just read about your ticket.  (Challenge it, then postpone it less than a week before your court date.  Attend the new date and hope the cop doesn't show or leaves his papers and plead NG.  Good to go).

As for the trade, I only offered it because I fucked up over the phone in my draft.  I just assumed that Ware was DE eligible hence the Ware Willis turn I made.  Stuck with two top IDP's of the same position, I offered the top one up.  Now I regret not offering him for a RB because I lack serious depth there but I'm glad that I got Berrian for matchups.  

I see what you're saying Cap'n but you are coming off as a Nazi which I know you like to do.  One thing you ignore with Ware is he too is a great matchup play against weaker teams being forced to pass early in games and so can actually payoff paired with another LB with more balance to rack up tackles in other matchups.

Berrian is like Lee Evans.  A manager's nightmare.  He'll go scoreless for 2 games than go off for 30pts.  You never know what you are getting and actually, Tarvaris Jackson has the arm to throw to him on straight fly routes that Mr. Favre is not even close to being able to do.  I would bank on Sydney Rice to have a more solid season.

You can crunch all the numbers you want, this is a FUN league.  Let's have FUN! :) :) :) :) [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

I'd like to add that I don't believe that this is the type of trade that one should veto and I have faith that the rest of the league won't.  This was a one for one, position for position trade.  Positional scarcity should not be considered.  Unless it's obvious collusion which of course it is not, no worries.  Walts did not just trade me Berrian for Andre Johnson or AP.

capt. scotty

I dont think it's collusion, I said that more as a joke, but considering our roster requirements (only start 1 LB, anywhere from 2-4 WR's), Berrian is much more valuable and the trade is unfairly one sided. Whats done is done though, so I dont really care anymore.

Everyone thought I was crazy last year and a homer when I said I think Pittsburgh will win the super bowl or has a strong chance to because it was "your OLine sucks" this and "you dont have a good enough running game" that, and well...how'd that turn out??  8-)

And since when were you a Tracy fan, Walt?  :-? ;D

.Walt

I have no problem with anyone thinking that the trade was unfair, and wanting to veto it. BUT when someone forgets their caps lock is on, makes a comment about having to be drunk to accept the trade, and screams "Whoa" like Joey Lawerence, it's a little over the top.

The only thing I remember about last year, was I think True drafted Holmes, and I called it a homer pick as a joke. I believe it was you (Headdy) who said Holmes was going to rip it up. Now you don't seem very confident in him. But anyways.

I should have used a  ;), not  a 8-), with the whole Tracy message. T's my boy, you know that!  ;D

.Walt

also if anyone wants to join a free league, the draft is tonight at 7PM Central.

It's on Yahoo. ID# 567766
password: football

capt. scotty

The only thing I remember about last year, was I think True drafted Holmes, and I called it a homer pick as a joke. I believe it was you (Headdy) who said Holmes was going to rip it up. Now you don't seem very confident in him. But anyways.

I was high on Holmes last year, higher than I am on him this year (which isnt much...havent drafted him once). Just by watching his performances in the playoffs, clearly he's a top 20 talent, for whatever reason he disappears at times. Id say its mostly because Roeth likes to spread the ball around, gets sacked a lot which takes away targets, and Holmes just being inconsistent. The only game he had more than 5 catches last year was the superbowl, and I think our offense limits what kind of numbers he can put up, or at least while Hines is still around. Not the best comparison, but if you look at Plaxico, he only had 1 year in Pittsburgh that comes anywhere close to his numbers in NY. I think Holmes would put up Top 15 WR numbers if he were on another team or was the clear #1 WR.

I like Holmes, but I think him and Berrian are comparable with Berrian having more upside since there's less options there.

aMillionDreams

I think we all know where you stand on Berrian, Cap'n. Feel free to shut the fuck up about it at anytime.

You picked your home team to have a good year, they happen to win the superbowl, so now you're an expert. Give me a break.

I have to admit I like your team, Headdy, so I won't rip you too hard. But really, know when enough is enough.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

ManNamedTruth

QuoteI have no problem with anyone thinking that the trade was unfair, and wanting to veto it. BUT when someone forgets their caps lock is on, makes a comment about having to be drunk to accept the trade, and screams "Whoa" like Joey Lawerence, it's a little over the top.

I should have used a  ;), not  a 8-), with the whole Tracy message. T's my boy, you know that!  ;D

Yes, I predicted him to have a breakout season last year, and I believe Headdy agreed with that. I wasn't too off basis with that, the breakout just happened to come in the playoffs. He wasn't just clutch in the Super Bowl, but was great in the other playoff games. I think he'll continue to get better.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Ruckus

QuoteI think we all know where you stand on Berrian, Cap'n. Feel free to shut the fuck up about it at anytime.

;D ;D ;D

capt. scotty

QuoteI think we all know where you stand on Berrian, Cap'n. Feel free to shut the fuck up about it at anytime.

You picked your home team to have a good year, they happen to win the superbowl, so now you're an expert. Give me a break.

I have to admit I like your team, Headdy, so I won't rip you too hard. But really, know when enough is enough.

QuoteI dont think it's collusion, I said that more as a joke, but considering our roster requirements (only start 1 LB, anywhere from 2-4 WR's), Berrian is much more valuable and the trade is unfairly one sided. Whats done is done though, so I dont really care anymore.

Lavar Burton would be ashamed of your reading comprehension

aMillionDreams

QuoteI dont think it's collusion, I said that more as a joke, but considering our roster requirements (only start 1 LB, anywhere from 2-4 WR's), Berrian is much more valuable and the trade is unfairly one sided. Whats done is done though, so I dont really care anymore.

Lavar Burton would be ashamed of your reading comprehension

Umm, I was replying to this post, which you made three hours after you said you were done.

I like Holmes, but I think him and Berrian are comparable with Berrian having more upside since there's less options there.

My post was the next post. As Tracy would say, if you wanna mixed it up with the big boys you'll have to step up your game.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]