Fantasy Football '09

Started by true, Jul 22, 2009, 05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Oooh, Ooooh, Ooooh!   [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]  I want in on this.  If the Titans win, I get to virtually poop on Headdy's avatar.

Please :'(
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ManNamedTruth

I need some WR help, anyone interested in a trade? Looking to let go of Marshawn Lynch, still interested AMD (not for an IDP)?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

aMillionDreams

good game, Mr. Expert!  

;D ;D ;D
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

capt. scotty

yep, because I totally expected to go undefeated, jagoff.

whats funny is you actually think I care. im glad i made your week
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

aMillionDreams

Quoteyep, because I totally expected to go undefeated, jagoff.

whats funny is you actually think I care. im glad i made your week

;D ;D ;D

Oh Heady, I think it's pretty obvious that you care.  I'm glad I'm doing such a good job of getting under your skin.

Oh and while I have your attention, are there any expert fantasy tips you want to share with me so I can kick your ass even harder next time, you know since you're so smart and everything?  

And nice avatar!

capt. scotty

dude, i love football and fantasy football, so I enjoy putting my opinion out there - just like everybody else in the football threads. its my fucking opinion, read it if you want, and if you dont, dont.

i never called myself an expert, never said im always right, and never even talked shit about how im going to beat your team this past week (it would make sense for you to make your smartass comment then, no?). I guess you must be an expert though if your team will always beat mine and you feel the need to give me shit for simply giving my opinion or explaining my thoughts. the only reason you troll like this is because youre just like Tracy - once you have a grudge against someone here, youre a complete douchebag to them for no reason but your preconceived notions.

so keep wasting your time "getting under my skin" and looking like an asshole, asshole.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

aMillionDreams

My notions of you are not preconceived (you may want to look that word up before you try to use it again). I have plenty of reasons to be an asshole towards you.
Quoteits my fucking opinion, read it if you want, and if you dont, dont
.  Good luck trying to get under my skin, you ain't got nothing on me!

capt. scotty

Shit be tight!

Only 2 games separate 1st from 10th?! Dont know if Ive ever seen that before

Ruckus

Berrian is like Lee Evans.  A manager's nightmare.  He'll go scoreless for 2 games than go off for 30pts.  You never know what you are getting and actually, Tarvaris Jackson has the arm to throw to him on straight fly routes that Mr. Favre is not even close to being able to do. [highlight]I would bank on Sydney Rice to have a more solid season.
[/highlight]

;)
[highlight][/highlight]

corey

Nice win for me this week!!! :)

capt. scotty

Quotegood game, Mr. Expert!  

;D ;D ;D

Sorry your team got owned in the first round of the playoffs...But hey, at least you can be happy and pat yourself on the back that you beat me when it really mattered...in week 2!

8-) ;D

.Walt

Quotegood game, Mr. Expert!  

;D ;D ;D

Sorry your team got owned in the first round of the playoffs...But hey, at least you can be happy and pat yourself on the back that you beat me when it really mattered...in week 2!

8-) ;D

AMD didn't say anything about his team being the best. He wrote that message, because at the time you came across as a nazi. I could bring up those preposterous comments about me being drunk to accept that trade, and guess what?...it didn't turn out to be serious at all. You even said your boy Holmes wouldn't as good. He even said he really liked your team.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

Well that trade didnt turn out to be as bad as I anticipated because Berrian hasnt had all that good of a year, like I said a month ago or whatever. My whole point was IDP's arent nearly as valuable going into the season compared to a player like that. Only a couple people had ever played with IDP's before, and I was trying to explain their value. Maybe more people understand where I was coming from now? I dont even have 1 IDP that I drafted on my team anymore, because theyre much more expendable since we only start 1 per position....Good call on Sidney Rice, Ruckus...I dont know where you pulled that from, but he's probably been my biggest WW pickup in my $$ league, so Im glad its him and not Berrian having that year!

Not saying AMD said anything besides what I quoted, which I found pretty damn funny he felt like bragging about beating me the second week of the season...and its even funnier now.

Ruckus

QuoteWell that trade didnt turn out to be as bad as I anticipated because Berrian hasnt had all that good of a year, like I said a month ago or whatever. My whole point was IDP's arent nearly as valuable going into the season compared to a player like that. Only a couple people had ever played with IDP's before, and I was trying to explain their value. Maybe more people understand where I was coming from now? I dont even have 1 IDP that I drafted on my team anymore, because theyre much more expendable since we only start 1 per position....Good call on Sidney Rice, Ruckus...I dont know where you pulled that from, but he's probably been my biggest WW pickup in my $$ league, so Im glad its him and not Berrian having that year!

Not saying AMD said anything besides what I quoted, which I found pretty damn funny he felt like bragging about beating me the second week of the season...and its even funnier now.

Yeah, that trade was useless for both of us.  As for Rice, I'd been high on him since he was drafted.  I felt like he had it all but not a QB that could consistently get it to him.  Of course, he is in his maturation year also so that helps.  Every year ya gotta eye someone.  I like James Davis on the Browns a lot next year.

.Walt

I have played IDP leagues before, and I think I proved my point at draft, by not drafting any. Maybe people should take that advice. Certainly when you draft a IDP in round 11, there were better players out there. No matter where you draft them, its too early.

I shouldn't have dropped Sidney Rice, and fucked up on Ray Rice. Now that pick still upsets me. I'm pretty sure I drafted Vernon Davis, and dropped him too.  

Ruckus

QuoteI have played IDP leagues before, and I think I proved my point at draft, by not drafting any. Maybe people should take that advice. Certainly when you draft a IDP in round 11, there were better players out there. No matter where you draft them, its too early.

I shouldn't have dropped Sidney Rice, and fucked up on Ray Rice. Now that pick still upsets me. I'm pretty sure I drafted Vernon Davis, and dropped him too.  

It was my 1st IDP league and I'm not sure I prefer it.  I like being able to play defensive team matchups.  However, Patrick Willis was a nice pick for me as the 1st IDP off the board.

I'm running an IDP only league next year.  Probably 2 CB, 2 S, 4 LB, 3 DL and a flex.  I think that may be interesting.  We shall see.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteI have played IDP leagues before, and I think I proved my point at draft, by not drafting any. Maybe people should take that advice. Certainly when you draft a IDP in round 11, there were better players out there. No matter where you draft them, its too early.

Thanks for Sidney Rice, BTW. It didn't help me out that much, my team still sucked.

I lost in my two money leagues. There was one playoff spot left between me and another person and we played each other the last regular season game. We had the same record, so win and in. I lost by a score of 163 to 134. It sucks cause 134 points will normally mean a win. In the other league everyone made the playoffs with the top two teams getting bye weeks. I lost in the first round but that wasn't a surprise. My team was really hurting since Ronnie Brown went down and I had no depth at running back. My bad luck at fantasy football continues.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

AMightyCaporal

Thanks for Sidney Rice, BTW. It didn't help me out that much, my team still sucked.

I lost in my two money leagues. There was one playoff spot left between me and another person and we played each other the last regular season game. We had the same record, so win and in. I lost by a score of 163 to 134. It sucks cause 134 points will normally mean a win. In the other league everyone made the playoffs with the top two teams getting bye weeks. I lost in the first round but that wasn't a surprise. My team was really hurting since Ronnie Brown went down and I had no depth at running back. My bad luck at fantasy football continues.

I had Ronnie, when he went down I grabbed Ricky Williams, he has been doing good for me.  I also have Pierre Thomas, he hasn't paid off so much.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

.Walt

You're welcome True  ;)

I love reading fantasy boners and blunders. I think it's time where everyone comes clean, and admits to everyone a boner or a blunder they've made. Doesn't have to be from this year.  I already listed 3 in one league.

Anyone else watch the "gentlemen's league" videos on yahoo? I like'em

Round 2 in my money league, and I think it's already over, dude has a sick team.

Rivers
Ricky Williams
Ray Rice
Thomas Jones
Andre Johnson
Larry Fitz
Dallas Clark
K who cares
D who cares, it's probably good.

aMillionDreams

I'm kicking myself still for not taking Benson earlier.  I knew he was undervalued but I don't know why I expected him to last forever in our league especially the way RBs were coming off the board.  In the league I commish I blame my piss poor season on taking Jason Witten.  I wanted Dallas C but my wife snagged him and I freaked out.  Also, my theory of "I can snag a good QB in the late rounds or in FA" didn't work out.  I bet on Ryan and Flacco to not have sophomore slumps, but that didn't work out either.

I'm not sure how I feel about IDPs either. I didn't end up with any of the IDPs I drafted and had a good roster (though I don't know how the defensive player of the year, who is a stealer didn't get drafted).  Those points really felt like a crap shoot every week.  And I agree with Ruckus, with team Ds you can play matchups, not so much with IDPs.