Fantasy Football '09

Started by true, Jul 22, 2009, 05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Steve Slaton (over Frank Gore) and Clinton Portis, as 2nd rounders in our league and my $$ league, were easily my biggest fuckups. Ending up trading Slaton for Greg Jennings around week 4 or so, but his 2-3 big games he's had have been on my bench while I started him every week he'd get 50 yards.

I eyed Desean Jackson in basically every league I could and thats paid huge dividends. I thought he'd put together a Top 10 WR year, but not based almost solely on big plays. I think I still have 4-5 teams alive still and he's a big reason why.

I said Sidney Rice was my WW move of the year. Scratch that, its definitely Jamaal Charles. Shot out of a freaking cannon!  :o

After starting out 3-6 in my money league and almost giving up, somehow ive won 5 in a row and am in it for $250...still cant believe this shit.

...as for IDP's, you can definitely play them based on matchup but it takes awhile to get a feel for it and isnt as obvious as starting Minnesota vs Detroit or anything. Usually, you start the elite guys regardless like any position anyway. Good idea Ruckus, I think the more IDP's the more interesting as its pretty easy to field good guys every week when you only start as many as us.

BTW - did anyone watch The League on FX?! Its done now, but it was pretty good stuff
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

Yeah, DJax and Charles stepped up for me in my big money league.  It figures that I drafted Charles in two other leagues including the MMJ league only to finally drop him just before the LJ debacle.

I'm surprised Headdy.  For someone who knows his fantasy football, I'd think that Charles and Rice were players with great talent on your radar.

Good season!  Now I'll try to salvage 3rd with 0 running backs.  Man my team sucks.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

I mean, I knew about Charles but when was the last time LJ did anything for KC and Charles wasnt even in a time share with him? Im not sure any back in the league puts up what Charles has for KC over the last month.

Rice I didnt see coming at all, I even know people who had him for 2 years in dynasty only to drop him early this season. He showed some flashes of red zone ball skills, but thats all I ever saw. Throw in him being WR2/3 behind Berrian and possibly Harvin and I didnt see this seasin coming at all.

Hey, even experts are wrong  ::) ;)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

Favre or Brady? Brady or Favre? Holmes or Jennings? Jennings or Holmes? Do I start Deangelo  against a D that hadn't allowed a 100 rusher in almost 2 years?

Good year everyone! See you in the third place game!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Ruckus

Congratulations Walts! [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Good season!

Let's Go Jets!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

Man....losing by 0.4 points in my money league championship...ugh

I have Antoine Winfield, he has Percy Harvin. $150 difference on teh line. This is why I love and hate fantasy football  ;D

Not liking my chances, but 'Toine can rack up those tackles.

Might have to go to the Belgian bar dahntahn so if Harvin beats me, at least it was a good night!

.Walt

QuoteCongratulations Walts! [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Good season!

Let's Go Jets!

Yeah, good season everyone.

Congrats Headdy!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

AMightyCaporal

I'm in my championship game this sunday.  It's my first year doing fantasy football, so addicting.  I think i'm going to start david gerrard over alex smith, I don't feel comfortable having smith and vernon davis starting- although last week it worked for me.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

capt. scotty

QuoteMan....losing by 0.4 points in my money league championship...ugh

I have Antoine Winfield, he has Percy Harvin. $150 difference on teh line. This is why I love and hate fantasy football  ;D

Not liking my chances, but 'Toine can rack up those tackles.

Might have to go to the Belgian bar dahntahn so if Harvin beats me, at least it was a good night!

Won by 2.3 points....I nearly shit a brick when Harvin caught that pass in the flat and got brought down at the 1 yard line  :o

I know no one like to hear my fantasy shit, but I started out 3-6, won 4 in a row to get the 6th seed, then beat the 3rd, 2nd, and 1st seeds in teh playoffs. Undoubtedly the most surprising and unbelievable team/season Ive ever had.

And this is why I love IDP's...thank you Winfield for letting Aromashodu catch that 40 yard pass so Harvin couldnt get any more touches  ;D

Gracias Walts, excellent season in the MMJ league as well!  :)

capt. scotty

QuoteI'm in my championship game this sunday.  It's my first year doing fantasy football, so addicting.  I think i'm going to start david gerrard over alex smith, I don't feel comfortable having smith and vernon davis starting- although last week it worked for me.

I think youre in the same position as me: ripped off a bunch of wins to find yourself in the championship game. Best of luck!

Not sure if its a money league, but trust me, championship bragging rights are even better than the money  8-)

PS: Start Smith

AMightyCaporal

QuoteI'm in my championship game this sunday.  It's my first year doing fantasy football, so addicting.  I think i'm going to start david gerrard over alex smith, I don't feel comfortable having smith and vernon davis starting- although last week it worked for me.

I think youre in the same position as me: ripped off a bunch of wins to find yourself in the championship game. Best of luck!

Not sure if its a money league, but trust me, championship bragging rights are even better than the money  8-)

PS: Start Smith

No money... I think my QB choice will be a last minute decision.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

AMightyCaporal

capt. scotty

Very nice!  [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]