Cool Christmas Presents?

Started by dragonboy, Jan 03, 2010, 06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

Arguably a little late for this thread but who cares? So other than the usual CDs/DVDs/crap jumers etc what did everyone get?

One of my sisters sponsored a rhino in Kenya for a year for me & my other sister got me the hottest hot sauce I have ever tasted...the stuff is lethal!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

It was a light year presentwise for me since we blew it all on the kids (Disney in T minus 5 days and counting!).

Did get a really nice retro Ramones shirt, Tru Blood season 1, a couple movies, and a really nice Beatles chord/song book.

el_chode

Wii, Wii Fit Plus and a mini frog ecosystem
I'm surrounded by assholes

dragonboy

QuoteWii, Wii Fit Plus and a mini frog ecosystem
I spent most of this afternoon playing the new Super Mario Bros Wii  ;D
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

Kelly has already beaten this.

I LOVE the Wii Sports Resort. I could play the sword fighting and ping pong all day.

dragonboy

I LOVE the Wii Sports Resort. I could play the sword fighting and ping pong all day.
We're on world 3 right now, with the snow & ice.

What other games do you have? We love Mario-Kart, Big Brain, Mario & Sonic @ the Olympic Games, Lego Star Wars...

mjkoehler

What other games do you have? We love Mario-Kart, Big Brain, Mario & Sonic @ the Olympic Games, Lego Star Wars...
We have all of the Lego games. Love them. Looking forward to Harry Potter Years 1-4 in Lego form. Mario Galaxy is amazing. Have the Mario/Sonic Summer Olympics. Lego Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Wii Cheer 1 & 2, Mario Cart, Wii Sports 1, Mario 1 and 3 that we bought through the Wii store, plus some odds and ends for the kids.

I rarely play. In all honesty, I mainly use it for bowling and now the ping pong and swordfighting.

AlwxanderD10

I LOVE the Wii Sports Resort. I could play the sword fighting and ping
pong all day.
I got both of these for christmas, they are kinda addicting ;Dt

BH

Wii Resort Sports Archery is the best wii game ever made.  

I got 2009 Wii Formula One Racing.  It's awesome but very difficult to steer with the wheel since it's not fixed to something.  
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjkoehler

QuoteWii Resort Sports Archery is the best wii game ever made.  

My kids are really good at this.

Sassbox

The Tweedy Living Room Show (posted about it in Current Joys). Likely my best present, ever. Well, if I don't include the Christmas I got every Barbie thing under the sun AND my Mom sewed me and my favorite Barbie several matching outfits.   ;D
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

The DARK

Finally got a vinyl to mp3 converter/record player, so I can finally start buying more albums. Too bad it's broken right now, so we're getting it replaced.
In another time, in another place, in another face

.Walt

QuoteThe Tweedy Living Room Show (posted about it in Current Joys). Likely my best present, ever.

Wow, that is really awesome! Pictures?

My brother made it a New Belgium Christmas for me. Some glassware, a cool sweatshirt, and a sweet framed Fat Tire poster. Pretty nice of him!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

TEO

Keurig single cup coffee maker with about 100 k cups to go with it. Perfect coffee each time in about 40 seconds.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

el_chode

We have all of the Lego games. Love them. Looking forward to Harry Potter Years 1-4 in Lego form. Mario Galaxy is amazing. Have the Mario/Sonic Summer Olympics. Lego Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Wii Cheer 1 & 2, Mario Cart, Wii Sports 1, Mario 1 and 3 that we bought through the Wii store, plus some odds and ends for the kids.

I rarely play. In all honesty, I mainly use it for bowling and now the ping pong and swordfighting.

We got a $100 best buy gift card, but best buy is out of 2nd controllers so we didn't bother to get any games either since it'd just be a tease. We have a laundry list of games - Zelda, Mario, and the fiancee is dying for Silent Hill and Res Evil
I'm surrounded by assholes

Sassbox

Hey Walts! It hasn't happened yet...in the process of getting it scheduled now.  :)
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

capt. scotty

My g-rents got my family a Wii as well. Which is pretty awesome, since I dont live in the house anymore  :(

Anyhow, if I could get 2-3 games, what are the recommendations and the best ones to get? I read Super Mario Galaxy is supposed to be one of the best on Wii, but other than that Im clueless.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

mjkoehler

The new Super Mario Bros is pretty badass. Wii Sports Resort is great. Mario Cart is great.

capt. scotty

QuoteThe new Super Mario Bros is pretty badass. Wii Sports Resort is great. Mario Cart is great.

Is it just SMBros, or is the newest one like SMBros 5?

This might be a dumb question, but is Mario Kart a game where you have to go thru the motions and all, or do you just hold the controller and play? Still confused if all games on the Wii are "active" and whatnot  ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

mjkoehler

QuoteThe new Super Mario Bros is pretty badass. Wii Sports Resort is great. Mario Cart is great.

Is it just SMBros, or is the newest one like SMBros 5?

This might be a dumb question, but is Mario Kart a game where you have to go thru the motions and all, or do you just hold the controller and play? Still confused if all games on the Wii are "active" and whatnot  ;D
The new Mario Bros is just insane. There the "classic" side scroll, there's crazy shit in there. It basically mashes SMB 1 & 3, Super Mario World for Super Nintendo, and Mario Galaxy into 1 game of supreme awesomeness. And it has the old skool sound effects.

Mario cart you have to use your controller like a steering wheel. You do not need one of the steering wheels, but it helps.

Wii Sports resort is definitly active. Long live the bowling on it.