The College Football Thread

Started by rccola71, Sep 03, 2009, 09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

I can't talk a little smack about what a wus Colt McCoy is without the fun police coming in.  I hope the diagnosis is something serious and not a menstrual cramp.  I'm sure him left handed or throwing nothing but bubbles, screens and check downs would have been better than Gilbert's 1st half.  He could have done a better shovel pass right? ;)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

The DARK

Before putting all the blame for Texas's loss on not having McCoy, keep in mind that Heisman trophy winner Ingram was knocked out for half of the game. And had Colt remained healthy, he hardly would have had the same plan. I'm still convinced Bama is the best team in the nation.
In another time, in another place, in another face

corey

McElroy played with at least one, if not 2 cracked ribs and we also lost one of our major defensive players (Dont'a Hightower) early in the season... so shit happens.

I hate this "what if" game.

Roll Tide!!!  

megalicious

QuoteMcElroy played with at least one, if not 2 cracked ribs and we also lost one of our major defensive players (Dont'a Hightower) early in the season... so shit happens.

Roll Tide!!!  

Agree 100%.  

Bama is #1; enough said. Tuscaloosa has been crazy since Thursday night. Can't think of any place I'd rather been than on the Strip after the game, in the middle of a crowded street, singing "Rammer Jammer" at the top of my lungs.

Also: went to greet the team @ the airport last night. Told Coach Saban congrats, and he said "Thank You" to me... I could have fainted.
;D
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Penny Lane

...and how bout the Big Ten?? People ripping on it all year, yet PSU beats LSU, tOSU beats Oregon, Wisconsin beats Miami, and Northwestern throws for 530 yards on Auburn and loses to them in OT. Already a great showing for the conference, but if Iowa beats Georgia Tech I think the Big Ten proves that in 2009 when they were supposed to be soft, theyre just about as good as any conference in the nation.

Yeah, it was quite the performance by the Big Ten this year.  They did us proud, particularly the Illini >:(

I concur. :-) Big Ten had a great showing.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

QuoteMcElroy played with at least one, if not 2 cracked ribs and we also lost one of our major defensive players (Dont'a Hightower) early in the season... so shit happens.

Roll Tide!!!  

Agree 100%.  

Bama is #1; enough said. Tuscaloosa has been crazy since Thursday night. Can't think of any place I'd rather been than on the Strip after the game, in the middle of a crowded street, singing "Rammer Jammer" at the top of my lungs.

Also: went to greet the team @ the airport last night. Told Coach Saban congrats, and he said "Thank You" to me... I could have fainted.
;D

Congrats, Meg! Late saying it but still...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Angry Ewok

I don't get the "What if?" thing with McCoy's injury.

It's not like he had a stomach virus or broken ribs prior to the Rose Bowl. Alabama's defense put McCoy out of the game after 2 completions and 9 yards.

Alabama's D scored before the half, secured the game with a forced fumble on a sack, and ended the game with an interception.

I guess what everyone's really asking is "What if Alabama's defense wasn't so punishing?"

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

capt. scotty

I think the "what if" is because if McCoy was in, you almost certainly wouldnt have held him to 15/40 for 186 yards, and 4 INT's. I dont think its too hard to understand.

Youre a Bama fan, of course you arent going to say/think the championship is tarnished, and I dont blame you. They wouldnt have been asking the McCoy question all over the place the last couple days if it wasnt though
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Angry Ewok

Alabama v. Florida was the real National Championship game, anyway.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Jaimoe

Too bad about McCoy and I do think Texas would have won if he didn't get hurt. It was a good game regardless and the injury only added to the drama. Having Gilbert step in at a game of this magnitude will do wonders for confidence and maturity.

corey

I think that kid's gonna do big things. He just got put in the game before he was ready.

megalicious

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

capt. scotty

I guess thats what being 7-6 your first year in the NCAA gets you.

Gotta feel bad for the kids that committed to Tennessee though (last year). They get a fairly big name coach, in his first year, who you would think would need to prove his ability/worth to land a job worth leaving Tennessee for, and this happens.

...and I think Monty Kiffin was huge in getting basically all their top recruits on D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons