The College Football Thread

Started by rccola71, Sep 03, 2009, 09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Ewok

I'm not really into the whole Heisman thing, anymore, after having seen so many people totally screwed over in the voting process (Tebow, last year, for example), but I have to say it would be totally awesome for Mark Ingram to become the Crimson Tide's very first Heisman winner.

I bet you $$$$ Colt McCoy gets the same treatment Bradford did, last year, though.  

Amazing that a team like Alabama, with as many great players as we have had, has never won the Heisman.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

BH

Quote[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NsCIYMOaCI[/media]

If ya'll missed my buddy Mark Ingram's Heisman audition tape, PLEASE watch this.

I could run behind those massive holes that those big men up front are creating.  I'm lobbying for an offensive lineman to get the Heisman.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

capt. scotty

QuoteSophomore slump. He's a great athlete and will be something special Senior year, I bet.

Thats exactly it. He's a great athlete, but he's shown absolutely nothing as a QB. He wants to do everything himself. Hasnt shown good pocket presence, footwork, or passing touch.

I really dont see him ever being the best QB in the Big 10. He could/should still improve, but he's been starting for a year and a half now, the "he's young and inexperienced" argument should be thrown out the window at this point (not saying your saying that).
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Angry Ewok

Eventually, Pryor's failure to fulfill his obvious potential will be blamed solidly on the coaching staff.

capt. scotty

He'll be Brad Smith or something as a pro
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Angry Ewok

Shame, though, that Brad Smith had a better college career than Pryor may have... Pryor is with a much better team in a much easier conference.

QuoteEventually, Pryor's failure to fulfill his obvious potential will be blamed solidly on the coaching staff.

This morning on ESPN...

Quote[link=http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4582474&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines]"Jim Tressel is a great coach. But I can tell you there is more to Terrelle Pryor than what we've been seeing." -- Ray Reitz, Pryor's high school coach[/link]

Came sooner than I expected.

Penny Lane

i agree, i just think he needs to hand over the play calling. in 3 years, those pesky wolverines are gonna be running all over the big ten w/their offense.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Angry Ewok

bear sin rug

Lane Kiffin has not been properly introduced to SEC football. Maybe it happens this weekend.
It's a bad idea

Angry Ewok

As a football fan, I am going to love seeing Eric Berry take on the Crimson Tide running backs.

Eric Berry - 5'11, 203

Mark Ingram - 5'10, 212
Trent Richardson - 5'11, 220
Roy Upchurch - 6'0, 205

capt. scotty

QuoteShame, though, that Brad Smith had a better college career than Pryor may have... Pryor is with a much better team in a much easier conference.

I think the Big 10 is being very underrated by many this year

As much as I despise them, Id love to see Iowa in the NC game and beat whoever

Angry Ewok

Any thoughts on the SEC ref crew that gave Florida the win over Arkansas getting a 2-game suspension?

TheBigChicken

hopefully it was just missed calls.... :-/ :-X
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Hawkeye

QuoteShame, though, that Brad Smith had a better college career than Pryor may have... Pryor is with a much better team in a much easier conference.

I think the Big 10 is being very underrated by many this year

As much as I despise them, Id love to see Iowa in the NC game and beat whoever

Headdy, just curious as to why you despise Iowa so much?  I mean, besides the fact that we ruined your national title hopes the last 2 years?  I would think it would be much easier to hate on Ohio State or Michigan than Iowa.  I can't see how anyone could possibly dislike Ferentz and the way Iowa teams just handle their business.  We consistently play with lesser players and above our actual talent level, and we do it in a classy way.  Admittedly, our fans can be a bit, oh, what's the word, sensational?  Overly optimistic?  Not sure of the word I'm looking for, but I could see how Iowa fans can rub people the wrong way.  But hey, give us a break, we don't have any pro teams.  The Hawks are all we have.  That being said, I highly doubt we're the 6th best team in the nation, but it definitely wouldn't be a stretch for us to win out, and we consistently play well in bowl games, despite the Big 10's bad bowl game reputation.
We could.

TEO

Watch out MIZZOU, here comes TX... :o
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Angry Ewok

I'll be picking up a White Owl (cheap ass cigar made in Alabama) for the game, tomorrow.

megalicious

QuoteI'll be picking up a White Owl (cheap ass cigar made in Alabama) for the game, tomorrow.

make sure you watch that "eric berry 4 heisman!" rap video again...
;D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr2MOiEnnF8[/media]
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Angry Ewok

I'd Tebow those cheerleaders.

(ie Superman that hoe)

Penny Lane

QuoteI'd Tebow those cheerleaders.

(ie Superman that hoe)

i don't even make Tebow jokes anymore, he's too tight w/the Creator.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Angry Ewok

I'm pretty sick of the kid, honestly. Great athlete but the sideline shenanigans and celebrations that go un-flagged by ref's has me put off.