The College Football Thread

Started by rccola71, Sep 03, 2009, 09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Ewok

Enjoying the game at Athens... Intriguing matchup, I think.

Alabama struggled offensively, but wow did Rolando McClain look good today? Interception, plus made two more interceptions possible.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

TheBigChicken

UGA could have won that game... >:( I've said it before and I'll say it again. No killer instinct.
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Angry Ewok

The Dawgs just don't have discipline. Too many bonehead penalties at critical times.

Penny Lane

i don't think anyone in the conference (other than PSU) can beat us the way we're playing now. wish we could go back in time and play USC again :(
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Angry Ewok

TEO

QuoteA Siberian Tiger vs. a person hunched over shucking corn. Hmmm...BE THERE THURSDAY ON ESPN TO FIND OUT!

Yes! ;D Wish I was going.
It's on! Get ready to send some Turbo this way Matt!

You certainly have not forgotten my favorite type of Green Mountain coffee?  ;)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

TEO

QuoteUGA could have won that game... >:( I've said it before and I'll say it again. No killer instinct.

Yeah I know! A coupla' super-critical mistakes that could have been avoided...

mjkoehler

QuoteA Siberian Tiger vs. a person hunched over shucking corn. Hmmm...BE THERE THURSDAY ON ESPN TO FIND OUT!

Yirgacheffe correct?

Hawkeye

Quotei don't think anyone in the conference (other than PSU) can beat us the way we're playing now. wish we could go back in time and play USC again :(

I think Iowa just beat PSU, no?  Just sayin'  ;)

GO HAWKS!!  5-0 for the first time since 1995 I believe.  Not that we've played anyone besides PSU, and we just seem to have their number for whatever reason.  Stanzi needs to step it up, and we need to be more consistent, but we are looking surprisingly solid, especially on defense.  Nice surprise, as I thought we were going to be brutal this year, especially after losing our top 2 RB's right away!!  The young RB's are really stepping up nicely.  Clayborn is a monster at DE.
We could.

Penny Lane

Quotei don't think anyone in the conference (other than PSU) can beat us the way we're playing now. wish we could go back in time and play USC again :(

GO HAWKS!!  5-0 for the first time since 1995 I believe.  Not that we've played anyone besides PSU, and we just seem to have their number for whatever reason.  Stanzi needs to step it up, and we need to be more consistent, but we are looking surprisingly solid, especially on defense.  Nice surprise, as I thought we were going to be brutal this year, especially after losing our top 2 RB's right away!!  The young RB's are really stepping up nicely.  Clayborn is a monster at DE.

well we're playing in the white out this year, so i'm a bit nervous about that but you're right, proves their beatable.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Hawkeye

well we're playing in the white out this year, so i'm a bit nervous about that but you're right, proves their beatable.

We played in a white-out too!  You can do it Penny!  I'd like to think this is Iowa's year, but their schedule is too tough.  Next game is Michigan at home, and we have road games at Wisconsin, at Michigan State, and at Ohio State.  If we stay healthy we have a chance though.
We could.

capt. scotty

I'd say PSU blew that game, Daryll Clark in particular, more than you won it, but hey, a win is a win.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

mjkoehler

Come on Thursday!! Papa needs a new sixer of IPA to enjoy.

The shit talkin has already started at work.

TEO

Yirgacheffe correct?

Yep. May as well go ahead and place your order for me... ;)

mjkoehler

Yirgacheffe correct?

Yep. May as well go ahead and place your order for me... ;)
An order for Turbo? Why yes, I'll take a sixer. You know the address in IL to send to.   :P

I say it'll be a max spread of 10 points. I would not be shocked if it comes down to a field goal.

TheBigChicken

Nebraska v Mizzou.....the line has been drawn in the dirt.... ;) :D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

TEO

QuoteNebraska v Mizzou.....the line has been drawn in the dirt.... ;) :D

We gots a Sam Adams Turbulator glass vs. a pound of Green Mountain Coffee going as a wager...man I love me some fresh ground African coffee... :)

TEO

I will probably have to have crazylove poke me to see the MIZZOU victory the game starts so late. GO TIGERS!!!

mjkoehler

QuoteI will probably have to have crazylove poke me to see the MIZZOU victory the game starts so late. GO TIGERS!!!
I took off tomorrow, for recovery sake so I can text the shit talking when the Huskers win.

GO BIG RED

Ruckus

QuoteI will probably have to have crazylove poke me to see the MIZZOU victory the game starts so late. GO TIGERS!!!
I took off tomorrow, for recovery sake so I can text the shit talking when the Huskers win.

GO BIG RED

Well since I have no rooting interest, I took the Tigers getting 3.5.  It's all about giving Gabbert time.  C'mon Tigers!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head