The College Football Thread

Started by rccola71, Sep 03, 2009, 09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corey

QuoteI take that back, our biggest issue is special teams.

True facts.

Penny Lane

OSU was way too conservative on sat night. 1st qtr we should have gone for it instead of the field goal, also should have gone for the FG instead of the punt, especially that he'd made a 52 yarder the week before. i know hindsight is 20/20,...but those were questionable calls. why so conservative? ..i was all set to get trampled but it's even tougher knowing you should have won. we had every advantage in that game;  >:( >:(   big ten did well otherwise, except for MSU
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

TheBigChicken

Miami vs Ga Tech tonight. Should be a decent ACC match up :)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

The DARK

Anyone else lookin forward to the UC- Oregon State game? Two of the best quarterbacks in the nation have at it...
In another time, in another place, in another face

Angry Ewok

Good game today. Rolando McClain gave me one of his gloves at the end of the game, which was really awesome!
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

AlwxanderD10

Effing Trent guy just blew it for Louisville. :-[ :'( >:(

Angry Ewok

Food for thought this evening... Washington beat #3 USC. If Texas Tech beats #2 Texas, again, next week's rankings would be...

#1 Florida
#2 Alabama
#3 Ole Miss

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

TEO

Forgot to set my DVR to show after UGA game so I just got cut off at beginning of fourth quarter. Now I have to read about it in the paper!  >:(
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

corey

I learned 2 years ago to go at least an hour (if not 2) after any sports event that I record. I also learned the hard way, but learned my lesson and haven't let it happen again.

Roll Tide!

bear sin rug

It's a bad idea

BH

Quotethis guy  ::)

Those Unis are sweet.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

Get to see Tracy's Rebels tonight in Prime Time and see if they are worthy of their #4 ranking.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Penny Lane

RUCKUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS----are you ready for the big game on SAT? :( :o
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

The DARK

QuoteGet to see Tracy's Rebels tonight in Prime Time and see if they are worthy of their #4 ranking.

And guessssssss what?

I do feel for the Rebel fans though. After years of waiting in the same position we always are, they finally get their chance to have a run at an SEC and/or national championship and blow it to US, of all teams.
In another time, in another place, in another face

TheBigChicken

#4 was a little too high IMO. Alot like UGA I'm afraid. A very good SEC team that has  magical and rotten moment/moments throughout the season. Would love to hear Tracy's take on this right now. Too bad my man is gone . I miss the mud slingin'  ;D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Ruckus

QuoteRUCKUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS----are you ready for the big game on SAT? :( :o

PENNNNNYYYYYY - I'm ready but of course the Illini aren't.  The only thing that makes me feel good right now is that we both have the same conference record.

Ugh...take it easy on us alright
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

All kidding aside, I fully anticipate the Illini to demolish the Suckeyes but will 1up that performance with a thorough demolition of the Nittany Lions.

Bring it
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

QuoteAll kidding aside, I fully anticipate the Illini to demolish the Suckeyes but will 1up that performance with a thorough demolition of the Nittany Lions.

Bring it

Well see bout that...If we blow it vs. Iowa tomorrow, you might be right. Since we havent really played anyone yet, Im interested to see how we look. Pretty sure well be without All-American candidate LB Sean Lee, as well as Navorro Bowman who is 1 of the other best players on D.

Iowa is my most hated state in the US of A right now, even ahead of Ohio and Jersey, so hopefully PSU dont let me down. Sorry, Hawkeye  ;)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TEO

Quote#4 was a little too high IMO. Alot like UGA I'm afraid. A very good SEC team that has  magical and rotten moment/moments throughout the season. Would love to hear Tracy's take on this right now. Too bad my man is gone . I miss the mud slingin'  ;D

Cox is comin' around dude...

TEO

MIZZOU tonight in Reno. Gonna' be lookin' for Dangle and Junior...  ;)