The College Football Thread

Started by rccola71, Sep 03, 2009, 09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TEO

QuoteGa Tech vs Clemson tonight...Good ACC match up. Tech is looking pretty good this year

I will be pulling for the Dawgs Chick!!!  :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

mjkoehler

Still bummed I'm going to miss NU/MO.  :'(

It's best you don't see that anyway.  I don't want you to be traumatized.
Ha, I hear the inside of Columbia jails are brutal. I would totally end up there that night. Yeah, it's best I not go.

Angry Ewok

QuoteGa Tech vs Clemson tonight...Good ACC match up. Tech is looking pretty good this year

Yellow Jackets!  >:(

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

TheBigChicken

Lotsa Mizzou love in Tampa ;) :D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Penny Lane

Yellow Jackets!  >:(

Brad and Meg-check out the You tube i just posted on my facebook. I thought of you both. (or maybe it IS you two) BAMA fans---are cray---to the Zee.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ophidiophobia

Tech just about let this game get away. They looked good early, but the 27 unaswered looked rough.

Angry Ewok

QuoteBrad and Meg-check out the You tube i just posted on my facebook. I thought of you both. (or maybe it IS you two) BAMA fans---are cray---to the Zee.

Is that the video of the dude going apeshit over the personal foul calls on Rolando McClain? If so, I owe you a big hug - me and Meg watched that over the phone together and narrated it for a good five to ten minutes at work.

TEO

I gotta' get my DVR programmed for today!  :)

Penny Lane

QuoteI gotta' get my DVR programmed for today!  :)

expect some sad/angry/drunk text messages from me tonight!! lol

Penny Lane

QuoteBrad and Meg-check out the You tube i just posted on my facebook. I thought of you both. (or maybe it IS you two) BAMA fans---are cray---to the Zee.

Is that the video of the dude going apeshit over the personal foul calls on Rolando McClain? If so, I owe you a big hug - me and Meg watched that over the phone together and narrated it for a good five to ten minutes at work.

LOL i love it how it doesn't even phase the little sister sitting in the middle of the room.

Angry Ewok

He probably doesn't have a TV at his house because he's kicked it in.
He probably never gets invited to the same house twice.
I'm guessing he's banned from Bryant-Denny.

TEO

GREAT finish to the Michigan game! Looks like we got ourselves a ball game in Athens after the longest kickoff return in school history... :)

TheBigChicken

QuoteGREAT finish to the Michigan game! Looks like we got ourselves a ball game in Athens after the longest kickoff return in school history... :)
Cardiac Dawgs :D

The DARK

South Carolina, why do you always do this to me!?!?!?  :(

In all honesty though, great game. Most exciting game I've seen this season so far.
In another time, in another place, in another face

TheBigChicken

QuoteSouth Carolina, why do you always do this to me!?!?!?  :(

In all honesty though, great game. Most exciting game I've seen this season so far.
Could have gone either way. So many times the Dawgs let those slip away. Either way good game Dark

The DARK

QuoteSouth Carolina, why do you always do this to me!?!?!?  :(

Could have gone either way. So many times the Dawgs let those slip away. Either way good game Dark

Indeed. Lookin forward to it next year. Good luck on your season (AJ Green is a local hero, gotta support him  ;))

Comparing this game to the Ohio State- USC game, I'm reminded why I love SEC football so much. The entire stadium was rocking in Athens even when it got hair-raising, the commentators were into it, and you could truly feel the bad blood. The Ohio State game in comparison felt like a big advetisement. Couldn't tell that the commentators even cared that many consider this to be the biggest early season matchup of the year.  :-?
In another time, in another place, in another face

capt. scotty

Didnt see the SC/UGA game, but saw the final score was closer than it was most of the game.

USC makes me sick. I dont like OSU, and I hate Michigan, but going by the last half decade or so, I really cant stand USC. Musberger fellated Barkley pretty much the entire game, Barkley goes on to complete basically 1 pass on the drive they won the game on, and he acts Barkley is the next coming of Jesus (or Tim Tebow  :P). I dont know the exact stats, but Im pretty sure Barkley ended up <50% completions, like 160yds, and 0TDs and 1INT...yeah he looks awesome  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Im still in awe that OSU lost that game. Joe McKnight was who beat them, but why didnt they realize that in the moment?! It was pretty apparent USC was leaning on him the last couple drives, and the McKnight just exploded and got like 85% of the yards on the winning drive. Ugh.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

And that Michigan/Golden Domers game was awesome as well. I dont know about better, but at least more entertaining than OSU/USC. I think ND abandoned the run way too early. It seemed like after the 1st, they barely ever ran. That RB they have, A.A. Jr?, looked like he made plays happen when he got the ball, but I rarely saw them run the ball in the 2 middle quarters.

I think both those teams are legit Top 25 squads. Forcier looks like he'll be better than Henne and the best Michigan QB since Drew Henson.

Its been an unbelievably awesome NCAA season so far. Great games, major upsets, you name it. I think I might be underwhelmed for the NFL kickoff tomorrow actually since the Stillers arent playing
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

bear sin rug

I hope USC, Florida, Texas and Penn.State all go undefeated just so I can hear the football "experts" talk about how great the BCS is and how the season is a "playoff".
It's a bad idea

Angry Ewok

Alabama struggled against FIU in the first half. Our biggest issue is the secondary... that spread with no huddle is hard for us to defend.

I take that back, our biggest issue is special teams.