Location/age? (pretty please with sugar on top)

Started by SaraBananaBear, Apr 04, 2010, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaraBananaBear

QuoteHey SBB,

Me:
28 yrs
London, UK

Visiting Stockholm next month - surely that's got to get the most points?!  ;)

Indeed, lots of points for that, hope you have a nice stay in Stockholm  :)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

sunnyday

Hi SaraBananaBear :)
29 years old and a fellow swede!!
gemini, love the summer and robotic dance :)
and needless to say... MMJ!!
♥ Team love
excuse the sometimes confusing grammar ... english is not my native language...

jones

QuoteHi SaraBananaBear :)

Nice gif.  Something tells me that you two know each other.

SaraBananaBear

And not just any fellow swede, but my favourite fellow swede :) Maybe we can record the robotic dance and post a gif of it here?  :P

SaraBananaBear

Uh-oh, somebody knows a little too much, go get the herring from IKEA and we'll make him eat the fishes... mwahahaha... or was it sleep with the fishes?  ;)

dragonboy

QuoteAnd not just any fellow swede, but my favourite fellow swede
What, seriously?! You've hurt Benny's feelings  :'(  ;)

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

sunnyday

Uh-oh, somebody knows a little too much, go get the herring from IKEA and we'll make him eat the fishes... mwahahaha... or was it sleep with the fishes?  ;)
hahaha i´m on my way...and the robotic gif, what a wonderful idea!!
♥ Team love
excuse the sometimes confusing grammar ... english is not my native language...

dragonboy

Do you like Lukas Moodysson's movies? I've seen Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love) Tillsammans (Together) & Lilja 4-ever. I liked them all a lot for different reasons, Together was probably my fav...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

jones

I didn't see a thing. I swear. :-X

weeniebeenie

19 (20 On Monday)
Sydney, Aus.
I ride horses, play guitar and drums and like photography.
I wish I could play pedal steel.
How loud can silence get?

Soulshine

Quote19 (20 On Monday)
Sydney, Aus.

Weenie I have a feeling that if we lived in closer proximity to each other we would be two peas in a pod.  :)
Because we're all in this together...

SaraBananaBear

QuoteDo you like Lukas Moodysson's movies? I've seen Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love) Tillsammans (Together) & Lilja 4-ever. I liked them all a lot for different reasons, Together was probably my fav...

I like the ones I have seen, which would be Fucking Åmål and Lilja 4-ever (Swede points to you for the å's), and like you said, for different reasons. My friends keep telling me to see Tillsammans too, so I will probably do that sometime soon. How come you have seen these movies, I didn't think they were that well known outside of Scandinavia.  :)

SaraBananaBear

I didn't see a thing. I swear. :-X

Mhm, that's what we thought and you just remember that... *taps can of herring*  ;)

SaraBananaBear

Quote19 (20 On Monday)
Sydney, Aus.

Happy birthday in advance, hope you have a great day  :)

dragonboy

QuoteDo you like Lukas Moodysson's movies? I've seen Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love) Tillsammans (Together) & Lilja 4-ever. I liked them all a lot for different reasons, Together was probably my fav...

I like the ones I have seen, which would be Fucking Åmål and Lilja 4-ever (Swede points to you for the å's), and like you said, for different reasons. My friends keep telling me to see Tillsammans too, so I will probably do that sometime soon. How come you have seen these movies, I didn't think they were that well known outside of Scandinavia.  :)
I love foreign movies; Amelie, Cinema Paradiso, Jean De Florette, Manon Des Sources,  La Gloire De Mon Pere, GoodBye Lenin, Das Leben Der Anderen, Mar Adentro, Lucía Y El Sexo, Låt Den Rätte Komma In, Hanabi, Tonari No Totoro etc, these are some of my fav movies. You should definitely watch Tillsammans.

weeniebeenie

Quote19 (20 On Monday)
Sydney, Aus.

Weenie I have a feeling that if we lived in closer proximity to each other we would be like two peas in a pod.  :)
Absolutely!

weeniebeenie

Quote19 (20 On Monday)
Sydney, Aus.

Happy birthday in advance, hope you have a great day  :)
Thanks!!! :)

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

I love foreign movies; Amelie, Cinema Paradiso, Jean De Florette, Manon Des Sources,  La Gloire De Mon Pere, GoodBye Lenin, Das Leben Der Anderen, Mar Adentro, Lucía Y El Sexo, Låt Den Rätte Komma In, Hanabi, Tonari No Totoro etc, these are some of my fav movies. You should definitely watch Tillsammans.

hahah I thought you were a 'foreigner" dragonboy?  At what line does foreign start?  If England isn't foreign and Sweden is what about the countries in between?  

Is foreign classified by another language or simply by location?  holy shit, I think I just opened Pandora's box.  

dragonboy

hahah I thought you were a 'foreigner" dragonboy?  At what line does foreign start?  If England isn't foreign and Sweden is what about the countries in between?  

Is foreign classified by another language or simply by location?  holy shit, I think I just opened Pandora's box.  
Fair comment  ;D  Maybe I should have said I appreciate foreign language films?

EDIT: I appreciate 'World Cinema' (amazon's term, not mine)  ;)

Jaimoe

With the Oscars, foreign means language. For example, Sarah Polley's Away From Her was a multiple nominee at last year's Oscars, but it's an English Canadaian film and got lumped in with the rest. However, films from Quebec and done in French are considered foreign, even though they are not (Oscars are for North America).