More Cowbell (surplus)

Started by ycartrob, Sep 25, 2006, 12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

Hi all. I work with homeless youth here in Nashville and Hot Topic will send us ungodly amounts of merchandise every 6 months or so (Slipknot t-shirts, baggie pants w/hand cuffs and chains, etc...) for free and we give them to the homeless population ( I can't help but laugh a little when I see an elderly homeless person wearing Slipknot gear, knowing good and well he either found it or stole it from one of our kids).

ANYWAY!

They sent us 50 billion of these Will Farrell (SNL/Blue Oyster Cult skit) stickers with More Cowbell (see below). If you want a couple, please send me a PM and I'll send 'em your way.

corey

Check your PM box, sir!

As some of you may or may not know, I am in an 80s cover band. We recently learned "Funky Cold Medina". There is a little interlude in the middle of it and I have been playing the cowbell during that part, which is very fun. I love cowbell.

That's all.

MMJ_fanatic

I love how the BOC guys have totally embraced that spoof and made it a part of their world--check out their gig when they come to your town if you don't believe me.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Jacket Fanatic

Quote( I can't help but laugh a little when I see an elderly homeless person wearing Slipknot gear, knowing good and well he either found it or stole it from one of our kids.

I walked past a very old homeless woman yesterday wearing a Green Day hat and t-shirt.

megisnotreal

I got a letter from the Easter Bunny yesterday, and it was awesome.

corey

I got one also, but it was marked as being from Jim James. He sure is a nice fella.  :)

BH

Yea, you got me Tracy.  We came in from our week away and my wife says, "You got a letter here from a J. James."  For like 5 seconds I thought, "Wow, Jim must be thanking me for being such a great fan!"  What a dork I am.  Then it hit me, Tracy's stickers!    Thanks man, very cool of you.  Cool pic of Jim too.  My alltime favorite shot of him from ACL.  I wish I could get that in a full color poster.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ycartrob

QuoteCool pic of Jim too.  My alltime favorite shot of him from ACL.  I wish I could get that in a full color poster.

I played around with a t-shirt with those pics. I t came out OK, but not one of my favs.

Tracy 3000

bump

Anyone want a couple of those More Cowbell stickers? Drop me a PM and I'll mail you some
Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."