Main Menu

Our pets

Started by ycartrob, Feb 25, 2006, 02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

megalicious

This certified gangsta is my Westie, Sammy Davis Junior, Jr. His swag is infinite.

He is a gentleman and a scholar.

He is also a spoiled little asshole who I love dearly. Dude is adorable.

This smooth little mother ducker is Minne, my boyfriend's lab. Minnie and the boyfriend moved in last weekend. She is precious--such a big baby.

Together, Minnie and Sam are Ebony and Ivory, an unstoppable force dedicated to getting into shennanigans and being adorable.

all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Jane

sammy davis jr jr. love that name and love that movie.

here is a more recent pic of my dog Harper taking in the sunshine.

megalicious

What a cutie! I am a sucker for puppyfaces.

kydiddle

Daawwwwww....look at those puppy faces!

Cute dogs meg & Jane!!  :)
Cow temperature.

foomex

Quote from: megalicious on Jun 13, 2011, 10:32 AM

I missed Minne on this last pic! He's in invisible mode! They seem like a GREAT FUN combo.

Here's my Bruno, 6 year old Golden Retriever. He's a mess.

megalicious

Aww. What a cutie! I love retrievers, though Minnie is like the Lab of Steel. We bought her this "Kong Genius" toy yesterday. It's label touted the toy's indestructability... she had it torn apart in an hour!
;D

jaye

I think we had a great Pets thread in the old new forum and I had pics of my beautiful cat and dog.   My son asked me yesterday if I loved one more than the other and I said no because I love the cat for her cat-ness and the dog for her dog-ness and that they are such wonderful animals and I couldn't get another pet right now because I don't want to mess with perfection. 

Today, my kitty Suki got hit and killed by a car in front of our house.  I was standing about 4 feet away.  Everything went wrong in about 10 seconds.   I tried to wave the driver down and stand in front of the cat, and the dog jumped out of the car, distracted the driver, the cat bolted towards the house.   Horrifying but the only blessing is that she went pretty fast.   My 3 kids were home and handled it all much better than I did. 

I've had 2 pets die in my arms from euthanasia, but never had to deal with this kind of gruesome trauma and can't get it out of my head.   My dog is acting very lost too. 

So here is to the best cat ever.   :beer:  She just looked like a regular cat but her personality was amazing.       

jaye

and her best friend Shilo:

Fully

I'm sorry, Jaye, that your cat died. When my cat died I took it much harder than the kids.

Paulie_Walnuts

Sorry to hear about your cat. She was an absolute stunner. Like you say watching one being put to sleep is hard enough so what you have just gone through must be really difficult.
Paulie W

Ruckus

Oh my.  I'm so sorry for your loss jaye.  I hope that time begins easing the trauma you endured sooner than later.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

iLikeBeer

I echo the sympathies jaye.  So sorry for your loss.  Cherish the great memories you had with her!

Bigsky

Here my only boy...Chase
I have 3 daughters, so he's my closest thing to a son.

e_wind

That's a beautiful dog.

This thread made me miss my pup. But you know what they say.... if you love them (but are way too busy to give them a great life) you have to set them free.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Bigsky on Nov 16, 2012, 11:14 AM
Here my only boy...Chase
I have 3 daughters, so he's my closest thing to a son.

Good looking dog!

Bigsky, you have 3 girls too?  What is it about this forum and people having 3 daughters?  I know of Yac and myself already!   :cheesy:

I have 2 male dogs and they are my only male companions in my house as well.  Although our female dog is truly my dog.  Go figure...  :tongue:

Jon T.

Sorry to hear that Jaye. That's terrible.

Bigsky, your dog is beautiful.  What is that?  Looks like some kind of Australian something or the other.

I recently had to get rid of our lab.  My youngest son is highly allergic. He has stayed sick for about a year now with one thing after another.  We tried our best to make it work, but in the end the only option was to get rid of it.  Luckily, my parents adopted him so I know he's well taken care of and we still get to see him regularly.

Bigsky

Thanks...he is a stud.
Chase is pure mute...;)
Australian Shepard mix...sometimes he looks like a Great Dane.

e_wind

My pup was an Australian Shepard mix that looked nothing like an Australian. Australians are good dogs though, that's for sure

e_wind

My pup was an Australian Shepard mix that looked nothing like an Australian. Australians are good dogs though, that's for sure

jaye

Thanks everyone.    I don't think we're going to get another cat because I'm afraid of this street and it's impossible to have an indoor cat with my kids running in and out all the time.    I've been thinking about getting a puppy though and this unfortunate event might make that happen.   I'll miss that cat energy around though.  :(

Really beautiful dog Bigsky.