The LOST thread

Started by Ghosts_on_TV, May 10, 2007, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

Episode 1 from the next season is called "LA X"

Thoughts?
I'm surrounded by assholes

mjkoehler

They are apparently not going to show clips and such as previews as they are afraid it will give away too much.

However apparently they showed a clip at some Com recently where they showed Locke looking over his shoulder, all hells breaking loose, and Knights of Cydonia kicked in.

the_wizzard

QuoteThey are apparently not going to show clips and such as previews as they are afraid it will give away too much.

However apparently they showed a clip at some Com recently where they showed Locke looking over his shoulder, all hells breaking loose, and Knights of Cydonia kicked in.
I want to see that clip!!!!  Yowza!!!!

From Damon:
"It's all coming to an end, whether you like it or not, next may."

I can't wait, but am sad that it is indeed, coming to an end  :'(

Jbones72

Just finished the re-watch, seasons 1-4. picked up a few things missed & forgotten. recommend doing it if u have the time, i was reading that the olympics will force them to take a few weeks off mid season. :(

the_wizzard

QuoteJust finished the re-watch, seasons 1-4. picked up a few things missed & forgotten. recommend doing it if u have the time, i was reading that the olympics will force them to take a few weeks off mid season. :(
Just about done with season 2, then on to season 3 re-watch.  I have taken to crafting (some pretty awesome feather hair clips, if I do say so myself) and watching LOST in our "computer" room.  I forgot how much happened in season 2!  And how awesome it was to see Rose and Bernard find each other again (love them).  And meet Henry Gale for the first time.  And to see, from very early on in the flashbacks, how interwoven their stories are.....I freaking love this show.   I will be so sad to have it come to an end (even though I know it has to end at some point).

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteJust finished the re-watch, seasons 1-4. picked up a few things missed & forgotten. recommend doing it if u have the time, i was reading that the olympics will force them to take a few weeks off mid season. :(
Just about done with season 2, then on to season 3 re-watch.  I have taken to crafting (some pretty awesome feather hair clips, if I do say so myself) and watching LOST in our "computer" room.  I forgot how much happened in season 2!  And how awesome it was to see Rose and Bernard find each other again (love them).  And meet Henry Gale for the first time.  And to see, from very early on in the flashbacks, how interwoven their stories are.....I freaking love this show.   I will be so sad to have it come to an end (even though I know it has to end at some point).

Right On.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

mjkoehler

If I remember, my wife looked up and Lost is not going into hiatus during the Olympics. I'll have to look again. It would make sense if they did, but I could care less about the winter Olympics

el_chode

QuoteIf I remember, my wife looked up and Lost is not going into hiatus during the Olympics. I'll have to look again. It would make sense if they did, but I could care less about the winter Olympics

Everything I've heard is that it's going to run straight through, no breaks, because I've had a long enough break.

Though I admit...I fear the ending, not because its over, because I don't know if it could ever be satisfying.

Jbones72

QuoteIf I remember, my wife looked up and Lost is not going into hiatus during the Olympics. I'll have to look again. It would make sense if they did, but I could care less about the winter Olympics

Everything I've heard is that it's going to run straight through, no breaks, because I've had a long enough break.

Though I admit...I fear the ending, not because its over, because I don't know if it could ever be satisfying.

That's good news! I agree about the fear of the ending not being satisfying.... maybe we all are expecting so much because the show has been so great! No ending could be completely satisfying.

I'm about to start season 5 rewatch!

Ghosts_on_TV

I hear ya about the ending, but as long as they don't seriously fuck up season 6, this is going to go down as one of the, if not the, greatest show(s) of all time. The story arc on this show is astounding.

el_chode

QuoteI hear ya about the ending, but as long as they don't seriously fuck up season 6, this is going to go down as one of the, if not the, greatest show(s) of all time. The story arc on this show is astounding.

I hope its more sopranos like, because it lets me go on in bliss believing whatever the hell I want.

Still placing my best on Desmond as the key character over Locke.

Also, any speculation on the meaning of the season premier's title?

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteI hear ya about the ending, but as long as they don't seriously fuck up season 6, this is going to go down as one of the, if not the, greatest show(s) of all time. The story arc on this show is astounding.

I hope its more sopranos like, because it lets me go on in bliss believing whatever the hell I want.

Still placing my best on Desmond as the key character over Locke.

Also, any speculation on the meaning of the season premier's title?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it's going to have a definitive ending, unlike the sopranos. No idea about the premeres title, other than the name "LA X", the space between a and x is intentional.

Jbones72

just noticed that separation w/ the X in the title. maybe they will explain how jacob traveled to and interacted with everyone over the years. not that has anything to do with the episode title, it's just something i want to know early on!

the_wizzard

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it's going to have a definitive ending, unlike the sopranos.

Definitive ending?  They say yes.  Will people like it?  Remains to be seen.  Damon & Carlton have said, many times, that they will be unavailable for comment after the finale.  They know it will be controversial and ending this show will hurt purely because the ride is over (again, even though it has to have an end).  It always has had an end and I am excited to see season 6 bring it all full circle!

the_wizzard

Oh and after watching season 2, I really, truly, deeply hope that they bring back Mr. Eko.  As a ghost, flashback, vision, whateves.  He is awesome.

Ghosts_on_TV

He's on the official season 6 poster. So are  Boone and Shannon.

Ghosts_on_TV

Also, if you haven't seen the poster, it has all of them standing there, but locke has his back turned. They said everything about the poster is intentional.

el_chode

1) Locke isn't Locke anymore, so perhaps that's why he's turned his back on everyone? He's no longer helping anyone but himself

2) Juliette is no longer a cast member, but is a recurring character

3) I too heard that about Eko, Boone, and Shannon.

4) I don't care how it ends so long as its not a cop out or halfassed. I don't care if they answer all the questions. I just don't want it to be a topless sawyer having a dream inside one of Hurley's hallucinations.