The Other Sports Thread

Started by capt._headdy, Jul 19, 2009, 12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

QuoteAnd how am I just finding out about Delonte West fucking Lebron's mom? How did she not know that Delonte has herpes? Any 10 year old with a basketball card knows that.

Funny thing too is Lebron's mom looks like a 50 year old Lebron with a wig
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

johnnYYac

Competitive Not Dying

Finalist dies at world sauna championships
August 8, 2010 8:28 a.m. EDT
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Finnish event sees competitors attempting to withstand rising temperatures
Russian finalist Vladimir Ladyzhenskiy died after Saturday's final
His opponent, Finland's Timo Kaukonen, was taken to hospital
Police are investigating incident but "rules were followed," organizers say

(CNN) -- A competitor has died and another is in hospital following a tragic end to the World Sauna Championships in southern Finland.

Russian Vladimir Ladyzhenskiy died Saturday after taking part in the final of a competition in which contestants are required to withstand rising temperatures for as long as possible.

Finnish finalist Timo Kaukonen was also taken to hospital for treatment, organizer Ossi Arvela said in a statement posted on the event's website.

Images of the contest showed Ladyzhenskiy and Kaukonen sitting side by side in the sauna. Both contestants can then be seen lying on the ground, apparently doused in water. Ladyzhenskiy appears to be suffering from severe skin burns.

"The event was interrupted immediately after the accident. Competition organization grieves these sad events," Avela said.

Finnish police and organizers are investigating the incident, Arvela said. But he said first aid personnel had been in place and all competitors taking part in the contest had provided doctor's certificates. "All the rules were followed," he said.

The World Sauna Championships take place annually in the town of Heinola.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

.Walt

You never wanna find out that someone died, but that competition is just stupid. Like Pain Olympics stupid. I'm really surprised that nobody has died before...which is good.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Ruckus

I thought that someone might pop this thread up for the epic conclusion to the PGA Championship!  Anyone else watch.  It was crushing to see that happen to Johnson, particularly after watching him birdie 17 in clutch form to take the lead.  I guess if the players were warned, they were warned, but you still hate to see it go down that way.  Great finish to an overlooked major.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

jones

capt. scotty

Rory is straight Atilla Hunnin' the field!

Golfers are gonna be commiting seppuku on the course over the weekend if this keeps up.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jun 17, 2011, 03:33 PM
Rory is straight Atilla Hunnin' the field!

Golfers are gonna be commiting seppuku on the course over the weekend if this keeps up.

Not saying Rory is gonna win 14 majors, so I wont call him Tiger, but he's the real deal and the golfer to be reckoned with for the next....long time.

jones

Jaimoe

I'm no fan of the ignorant hick, but Bubba Watson's Masters win was impressive. 

capt. scotty

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

Id be watching if it was free. Dont think id ever be able to bring myself to pay for a MMA PPV. That said, if I cared enough I could probably track down a free stream but theyre typically so frustrating to deal with/find/re-find that for me at least it aint worth the hustle.

Jon T.

Quote from: capt. scotty on Feb 23, 2013, 10:33 PM
Id be watching if it was free. Dont think id ever be able to bring myself to pay for a MMA PPV. That said, if I cared enough I could probably track down a free stream but theyre typically so frustrating to deal with/find/re-find that for me at least it aint worth the hustle.

I'm not sure that's what he's asking.  And the answer is no.

:bath:

capt. scotty

Quote from: Jon T. on Feb 23, 2013, 11:39 PM
Quote from: capt. scotty on Feb 23, 2013, 10:33 PM

I'm not sure that's what he's asking.  And the answer is no.

:bath:

Wouldnt fight or wouldnt fuck?

Nevermind, I know your answer  :wink:

Mahgeetah34

Ronda is pretty, but at times, a little too manly for my tastes.

Also, does anyone on the forum regularly keep up with MMA? I'd like to make some fight predictions before some of the larger events similar to how we do with the other sports.

capt. scotty

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Feb 25, 2013, 12:13 AM
Ronda is pretty, but at times, a little too manly for my tastes.

Also, does anyone on the forum regularly keep up with MMA? I'd like to make some fight predictions before some of the larger events similar to how we do with the other sports.

Thats basically what I created this thread for, the sports that dont get as much attention.

Although I think there is a betting thread, but maybe Im mistaken. That might work as well.

Mahgeetah34

:thumbsup: UFC on Fuel TV 8 Picks by Mahgeetah 34 :thumbsup::

Dong Hyun Kim vs. Siyar Bahadurzada- (Dong Hyun Kim by Decision)

Mizuto Hirota vs. Rani Yahya- (Rani Yahya by Submission, Round 3)

Yushin Okami vs. Hector Lombard- (Hector Lombard by Decision)

Takanori Gomi vs. Diego Sanchez- (Diego Sanchez by Submission, Round 2)

Mark Hunt vs. Stefan Struve- (Stefan Struve by Submission, Round 2)

Wanderlei Silva vs. Brian Stann- (Brian Stann by TKO, Round 3)

These are some VERY tough fights to call and I full expect to go 2-4 or 3-3 tonight :embarrassed:.

capt. scotty

Nice 1sr round of the masters....Phil sounded ready 2 kill on friday, cant wait...the top 10 is loaded with names

Jon T.

Quote from: capt. scotty on Apr 12, 2013, 04:21 AM
Nice 1sr round of the masters....Phil sounded ready 2 kill on friday, cant wait...the top 10 is loaded with names

Word!  This Masters definitely has more excitement around it than any tournament in a while, for obivous reasons.  I know it's just one round down, but damn this thing has the potential to be pretty magical.