The Other Sports Thread

Started by capt._headdy, Jul 19, 2009, 12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Jon T. on Apr 12, 2013, 09:17 AM
Quote from: capt. scotty on Apr 12, 2013, 04:21 AM
Nice 1sr round of the masters....Phil sounded ready 2 kill on friday, cant wait...the top 10 is loaded with names

Word!  This Masters definitely has more excitement around it than any tournament in a while, for obivous reasons.  I know it's just one round down, but damn this thing has the potential to be pretty magical.

The Masters is by far my favorite golf event to watch.  Something about the beauty that is Augusta!  I think High Def TV's were made for watching the Masters!   :beer:

capt. scotty

Well, Im guessing Lefty is doing just what he said, attacking the course. His scorecard looks like Fowler's yesterday, except more overs than unders at this point. 8 bogeys (including a double just now), 6 of which are on par 5's. Driver must be failing him today.  He also has 6 birds though. Crazy.

Dustin Johnson killing it.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jon T.

capt. scotty

Man, Tiger really got hosed with those penalty strokes for his ball drop, not to mention he only went in the water because he hit the pin on a shot that wouldve probably given him a 5 footer or closer. Basically a 4 stroke penalty. Hope he gets himself within a couple strokes of the lead today.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

Quote from: capt. scotty on Apr 13, 2013, 02:16 PM
Man, Tiger really got hosed with those penalty strokes for his ball drop, not to mention he only went in the water because he hit the pin on a shot that wouldve probably given him a 5 footer or closer. Basically a 4 stroke penalty. Hope he gets himself within a couple strokes of the lead today.
How'd he get hosed?  Yeah the pin was unlucky but so what.  He knew the rules and didn't follow them.  At least he's still playing.

Go Duffman!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

Anyone see Tiffany Van Soest fight?  Move aside Gina Carano. :bath:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 13, 2013, 03:55 PM
Quote from: capt. scotty on Apr 13, 2013, 02:16 PM
How'd he get hosed?  Yeah the pin was unlucky but so what.  He knew the rules and didn't follow them.  At least he's still playing.

Did he? I thought I read the rule changed just this year where youre supposed to drop as close to where your last shot was, and cant drop behind it. Seems to me he didnt know the rule or forgot it was changed.

His chances are pretty slim now but if Snedeker or Cabrera falter its wide open. Had he not hit the pin, he would in all likelihood be tied for the lead right now. That 360 lip out early on a 2 footer didnt help his cause either.

capt. scotty

Expected Day to win based on how all the leaders were playing on the back 9, but was rooting for Scott over Cabrera because 1) felt bad how the US Open slipped away from him last year 2) So I never have to hear how an Aussie has never won the Masters, ever again. What a clutch putt for him to get the lead on 18, and what a shot by Cabrera to get it so close for the easy putt to force the playoff. Ironic to see the guy who is a poor putter, miss pretty much everything down the stretch, hit 2 huge putts in his last 3 holes.

Mahgeetah34

Mahgeetah34's UFC 159 Picks  :cool:

Jim Miller vs Pat Healy- Jim Miller by submission

Phil Davis vs Vinny Magalhaes- Phil Davis by decision

Roy Nelson vs Cheick Kongo- Roy Nelson by tko

Michael Bisping vs Alan Belcher- Michael Bisping by decision

Jon Jones vs Chael Sonnen- Jon Jones by submission