Main Menu

My pap

Started by Davids_Lies, Oct 20, 2005, 06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taterbug

I miss my Paps, It's been about a month and a half since he passed.  My brother and I are going up to northern wisconsin this weekend to go thru all his things with my step mom.  I'm  going to  bring back some of the things that my dad wanted me to have.  When he was going through treatment for chemical dependency back in the 80's he did alot drawing with chalks, pencils and Inks.  Mostly landscapes and portraits. It is going to be hard for me to go back.  We are also going to pick out his headstone for his grave.

Getinhaven, I know what your going thru and my thoughts are with ya.
When you know someone is close to death  time seems to stand still as you watch them slip away.  But the clock never stops and we have to keep going.  Otherwise life will pass you by.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

archibaldleach

My pap met my mam at a square dance for Martin Luther's 500th birthday.

purvis9876

My pap once worked in a liquor store; even took a bullet one night.

That last part could go in the "Complete and Udder Lies!!!" thread. ;)
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

dragonboy

I'm trying to convince my pap to go to Graceland with me next summer.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

My pap's band opened for Buddy Holly  :o
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

aMillionDreams

My pap voted for Barack Obama.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

pawpaw

My pap can skin a buck and run a trot-line.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Jon T.

QuoteMy pap can skin a buck and run a trot-line.
;D
My pap would spit some Beechnut in that dude's eye.

pawpaw

QuoteMy pap can skin a buck and run a trot-line.
;D
My pap would spit some Beechnut in that dude's eye.

;D My pap would shoot him with his old 45!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

primushead

My pap is about to eat dinner.

TEO

My pap worked his way up from teller to the president of a bank without a college degree in 42 years.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

aMillionDreams

We should have some sort of indicator to show which of these are true and which are bullshit.  I know I like to mix it up.

My pap never understood the meaning of "is".
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

AMightyCaporal

My pap didn't invent the mustache, but he made it cool.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

joey_rogo

My pap's pap killed fidy men.

TEO

QuoteI miss my Paps, It's been about a month and a half since he passed.  My brother and I are going up to northern wisconsin this weekend to go thru all his things with my step mom.  I'm  going to  bring back some of the things that my dad wanted me to have.  When he was going through treatment for chemical dependency back in the 80's he did alot drawing with chalks, pencils and Inks.  Mostly landscapes and portraits. It is going to be hard for me to go back.  We are also going to pick out his headstone for his grave.

Getinhaven, I know what your going thru and my thoughts are with ya.
When you know someone is close to death  time seems to stand still as you watch them slip away.  But the clock never stops and we have to keep going.  Otherwise life will pass you by.

Tater-sorry I was not more supportive when that happened. After losing mine a year ago, I realize so much more how important that kinda' stuff is...

Hawkeye

I'm so lucky to have mine.  Supposedly I'm just like him...I can see that in lots of ways.  I wish I had his mechanical and electrical smarts though!  I'm not nearly as handy.  Other than that...yeah, we're scary-alike.

Except he's not so into music.  Skynyrd, Floyd, Zeppelin, ZZ Top, Allmans...that's about it for him.

He had a '74 Duster growing up...black...it was pretty sweet.  That's how he met my mom.  She showed up at the local bar and they had some common friends...said she'd like to dance with whoever owned "that black car"...now I have a black '69 Firebird...hasn't happened yet, but wouldn't that be crazy!  I've been thinking lately that if I come into some money, I'd like to find Dad's old Duster and buy it back and fix it up for him and mom to cruise around in.
We could.

BH

QuoteI'm so lucky to have mine.  Supposedly I'm just like him...I can see that in lots of ways.  I wish I had his mechanical and electrical smarts though!  I'm not nearly as handy.  Other than that...yeah, we're scary-alike.

Except he's not so into music.  Skynyrd, Floyd, Zeppelin, ZZ Top, Allmans...that's about it for him.

He had a '74 Duster growing up...black...it was pretty sweet.  That's how he met my mom.  She showed up at the local bar and they had some common friends...said she'd like to dance with whoever owned "that black car"...now I have a black '69 Firebird...hasn't happened yet, but wouldn't that be crazy!  I've been thinking lately that if I come into some money, I'd like to find Dad's old Duster and buy it back and fix it up for him and mom to cruise around in.

My dad had a brown Duster!  73 I think.  Born the same year as I.   Wish I just had a picture of that bad boy.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TEO

Skynyrd is good enough for me! Freebird foreva' baby... :)

SaraBananaBear

QuoteMy pap didn't invent the mustache, but he made it cool.

No way, my dad did that! :P
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket