The Fitness Thread

Started by dragonboy, Jan 08, 2010, 06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TEO

Rose at 4:00 a.m. and drank a 20 oz. glass of water followed by a cup of Butter Toffee Coffee out of my Keurig. (YUM) Checked the radar with storm heading east. Put on my washed out Carharts with a safety orange shirt and then my 40 oz. safety lime green reflective Camelbak filled with ice water. Gerber "flick" knife front right pocket, Blackberry in the left. Streets were wet and smooth, lightning to the east. Just me, newspaper delivery peeps, and the local gestapo. Much better than yesterday during rush hour, I was scared the entire time. How is that for some deets Jillian Jr.?
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

TEO

Oh yeah, since proper hygiene is a part of fitness I thought I should add something. Out of my 10 bar Caswell-Massey (America's oldest company, since 1752) selection I chose Verbena this morning. That stuff is SO lemony and refreshing!

Penny Lane

QuoteOh yeah, since proper hygiene is a part of fitness I thought I should add something. Out of my 10 bar Caswell-Massey (America's oldest company, since 1752) selection I chose Verbena this morning. That stuff is SO lemony and refreshing!

;) :) ;D
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ruckus

Just finished a three hour workout with my Shake Weight
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

TEO

Now that we are on the topic of proper hygiene,  ;), the latest research has shown that proper gum health can stave off dementia. So be sure and brush, floss, and rinse daily kids...

mjkoehler

QuoteNow that we are on the topic of proper hygiene,  ;), the latest research has shown that proper gum health can stave off dementia. So be sure and brush, floss, and rinse daily kids...
take care of your teeth and they take care of you.

ALady

I'm dancing for two hours tonight.

And I need it.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

TEO

QuoteNow that we are on the topic of proper hygiene,  ;), the latest research has shown that proper gum health can stave off dementia. So be sure and brush, floss, and rinse daily kids...
take care of your teeth and they take care of you.

Yeah, and my best friend at work informed me that improper gum health can lead to pre-term labor...

tdb810

QuoteI'm dancing for two hours tonight.

And I need it.
Go girl!  I mean go-go girl :)
.....Back at the Model Home

TEO

Cheated with pizza and Beer last evening now my mouth is dry and I feel like shit...

TEO

Just ordered a 310 lumen double LED headlight for my new bike. I am going to light up the night!

jones

QuoteJust ordered a 310 lumen double LED headlight for my new bike. I am going to light up the night!
I have lights for my handlebars and for my helmet.  I've only used them on the trail once in a race, but it was a blast!  A local bike shop has started Friday night trail rides and I hope to hit one soon.

TEO

man that donut shop sure smelled good when i passed by at 4:30 a.m.  :-/

mjkoehler

1 more week muthatruckers.

mjkoehler

Quoteman that donut shop sure smelled good when i passed by at 4:30 a.m.  :-/
Indeed. Our local shop is on my route and the smell is maddening at 4:30. I've only caved in once this running season. I can guarentee I will cave after next weekend.

TEO

Drizzle in the 50'sF. I thought I woke up in Alaska. Good luck mjk!!!

tdb810

Did my 3 miles today (with no stops) Yay!  My 5k is on 10/6!  Feeling encouraged, and wishing mjk and penny best wishes and good running weather!!!

mjkoehler

QuoteDid my 3 miles today (with no stops) Yay!  My 5k is on 10/6!  Feeling encouraged, and wishing mjk and penny best wishes and good running weather!!!
You got it in the bag babe!

Making my plans for post race recovery to avoid injuries and depression, which apparently can set in. Taking a week off from running. I'll be walking a few days and then towards the end of the week start hitting the elliptical. Also, I'm popping Airborne like chiclets this week.

tdb810

QuoteDid my 3 miles today (with no stops) Yay!  My 5k is on 10/6!  Feeling encouraged, and wishing mjk and penny best wishes and good running weather!!!
You got it in the bag babe!

Making my plans for post race recovery to avoid injuries and depression, which apparently can set in. Taking a week off from running. I'll be walking a few days and then towards the end of the week start hitting the elliptical. Also, I'm popping Airborne like chiclets this week.

Thanks!

Yeah, i guess there would be a bit of a "let down" after all of that training - good to be aware of it.  I love the elliptical! It's so much easier on these old bones!
Can't wait to see pics and hear updates!

mjkoehler

Yeah, the elliptical is my second choice besides running. It's what saved my life. I dropped over 50 lbs from March 2000 to June 2001 by running like a possessed demon on one.

Playlist is done. Contains the following artists. I have my time goal and I have Dondante playing when I hope to cross the finish line.

The Go! Team
Arctic Monkeys
Awesome Color
Baroness
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Buckethead
Clutch
Dead Confederate
Electric Six
helmet
Jane's Addiction
Kasabian