The Fitness Thread

Started by dragonboy, Jan 08, 2010, 06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon T.

Quote from: jones on Mar 13, 2012, 01:40 PM
WHAT'S UP, SLACKERS???

I ran yesterday for the first time since my knee surgery almost 11 months ago.  I've been lifting and using the elliptical here and there, but there is nothing better than a good sweat from running outside.  Knee replacement is inevitible for me and I was going stop running on it.  Now I've changed my tune - if it's inevitible, I might as well use it while I got it. 

What about you tough guy?   :P 

Edit - scratch that.  I just read your post.  NICE!

Jaimoe

Riding my bike to work tonight for the first time since November (10.2K ride on busy downtown streets, but there are some good dedicated bike lanes). Climate change is good for my cardio (I was having some IPAs on a patio a few days ago, which is almost unheard of in early March in Toronto). However, I am not looking forward to my ride home tomorrow; its mostly uphill, big fucking hills.

jones

Quote from: Jon T. on Mar 16, 2012, 12:34 PM
What about you tough guy?   :P 

Edit - scratch that.  I just read your post.  NICE!

:bath:

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

at what speed, how far, and how long do you run on the treadmill when you do?  I need to get toned so I can get boned.

jones

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: jones on Mar 26, 2012, 12:40 PM
Intervals are the way to go if you want bang for your buck:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/386878-the-best-treadmill-interval-workout/

thank you.  I'm getting fat and need to de-chub.  much appreciated.

mjk73

13.1 this morning. Not the worst time but not the best either. 2:10 is good enough for a newar 40 short little fucker like me. No stopping, maintained the same pace through out and surprisingly feel good now. yeah me

e_wind

This isnt exactly a fitness question, but...

I've rapidly lost weight due to this new medicine (down to 167, I'm 6'1). My doc told me I'm losing too much. Is there some sort of eating/exercise guidelines that would allow me to gain weight back, but not gain pure fat back?
I know there is, but it gets more specific. I don't exercise regularly, and Im a health conscious eater. What I mean is that most of my meals aren't shit (unless I eat out). So, without out making any major lifestyle changes can I gain weight?

I know that sounds like I'm looking for an easy way out, but I'm not worried about gaining weight super fast or anything. Im okay with gradually gaining my weight over several months, and I'm not looking for more than 10 pounds. Im not worried about muscle or anything like that either.

So, any guidelines you can provide? Like better foods to eat? Simple exercises that can be done without equipment? The only "exercise" I get now is daily dog walks. Also, I'm going on a month long trip next week so I can't necessarily start any rigorous training plan. Just looking for tips, I guess.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Mahgeetah34

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 26, 2012, 09:52 PM
This isnt exactly a fitness question, but...

I've rapidly lost weight due to this new medicine (down to 167, I'm 6'1). My doc told me I'm losing too much. Is there some sort of eating/exercise guidelines that would allow me to gain weight back, but not gain pure fat back?
I know there is, but it gets more specific. I don't exercise regularly, and Im a health conscious eater. What I mean is that most of my meals aren't shit (unless I eat out). So, without out making any major lifestyle changes can I gain weight?

I know that sounds like I'm looking for an easy way out, but I'm not worried about gaining weight super fast or anything. Im okay with gradually gaining my weight over several months, and I'm not looking for more than 10 pounds. Im not worried about muscle or anything like that either.

So, any guidelines you can provide? Like better foods to eat? Simple exercises that can be done without equipment? The only "exercise" I get now is daily dog walks. Also, I'm going on a month long trip next week so I can't necessarily start any rigorous training plan. Just looking for tips, I guess.

Dear Ewind, You can eat lots of lean proteins such as chicken breast, fish and lean beef, I like the 93/7. As for carbohydrates, try apples, bananas, sweet and red potatoes and brown rice. Bodyweight exercises such as push-ups will be good but do them every few days to allow your muscles to heal and your body to accustom to the routine.