Anyone Else Drinkin'? prt2

Started by dragonboy, Dec 04, 2008, 10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

I'm not drinkin' but I wish I was, and I'm bored.  Somebody talk to me.

I'm thinking this for my three day weekend.

[size=20]Friday
[/size]

[size=20]Saturday[/size]

[size=20]Sunday[/size]

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Crispy

QuoteI'm not drinkin' but I wish I was, and I'm bored.  Somebody talk to me.

I'm thinking this for my three day weekend.

What about Thursday night?

My choice (for the whole weekend):

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

BH

Ahhh, you guys are startin' early on me!  What exactly is in that martini crispy?   How you been?  Hope things are well.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Crispy

It's a Manhattan, old boy - you'd like 'em, it's got bourbon. Things are good - just checking in here now and again.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

mjkoehler

Why the shit did I have to run this marathon. I'd like some tall malty beverages and some other things that make your head go whiiiirl but nooooooo. Damnabit.  >:(

BH

QuoteIt's a Manhattan, old boy - you'd like 'em, it's got bourbon. Things are good - just checking in here now and again.

Ahhh a Manhattan.  Ironic considering that was the last place I saw you.   ;)  Maybe I'll change Sunday from Makers/Coke manhattan.

Oh hell, I just looked it up. I have to buy TWO kinds of vermouth?  WTF?  I better try one at a bar before I invest in that much vermouth.

2 oz blended whiskey
1/2 oz sweet vermouth
1/2 oz dry vermouth
1 dash bitters

vespachick

QuoteWhy the shit did I have to run this marathon. I'd like some tall malty beverages and some other things that make your head go whiiiirl but nooooooo. Damnabit.  >:(

Seriously dude, you're not trying to WIN the marathon!  I recall being out on Bourbon St. with my training group on the Friday night before the race doing all sorts of things we shouldn't have been. (I'm fairly sure the same thing happened when I ran Honolulu.... :-/)

DRINK A BEER OR THREE!! ;D
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

vespachick

QuoteIt's a Manhattan, old boy - you'd like 'em, it's got bourbon. Things are good - just checking in here now and again.

Ahhh a Manhattan.  Ironic considering that was the last place I saw you.   ;)  Maybe I'll change Sunday from Makers/Coke manhattan.

Oh hell, I just looked it up. I have to buy TWO kinds of vermouth?  WTF?  I better try one at a bar before I invest in that much vermouth.

2 oz blended whiskey
1/2 oz sweet vermouth
1/2 oz dry vermouth
1 dash bitters

I LOVE me a Manhattan!  If it has whiskey/bourbon in it, guaranteed I'll drink it. :D
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

mjkoehler

QuoteWhy the shit did I have to run this marathon. I'd like some tall malty beverages and some other things that make your head go whiiiirl but nooooooo. Damnabit.  >:(

Seriously dude, you're not trying to WIN the marathon!  I recall being out on Bourbon St. with my training group on the Friday night before the race doing all sorts of things we shouldn't have been. (I'm fairly sure the same thing happened when I ran Honolulu.... :-/)

DRINK A BEER OR THREE!! ;D
Ha. That might help. I'm trying to be a good boy.

Crispy

2 oz blended whiskey
1/2 oz sweet vermouth
1/2 oz dry vermouth
1 dash bitters

Skip the dry vermouth, man - that's a so-called "perfect" manhattan. And none of that "blended whiskey" shit - it takes Kentucky Bourbon. Rare is the bartender that can make one correctly. Here's my recipe:
2 parts bourbon
1 part sweet vermouth
dash bitters
8 ice cubes - shake vigorously
1 cherry

BH

2 oz blended whiskey
1/2 oz sweet vermouth
1/2 oz dry vermouth
1 dash bitters

Skip the dry vermouth, man - that's a so-called "perfect" manhattan. And none of that "blended whiskey" shit - it takes Kentucky Bourbon. Rare is the bartender that can make one correctly. Here's my recipe:
2 parts bourbon
1 part sweet vermouth
dash bitters
8 ice cubes - shake vigorously
1 cherry

I saw someone say that a lemon peel was also very important.  

capt. scotty

The liquor store's new items that are featured always seem to be great choices, so I went with the one I saw in there today, El Mayor Tequila Blanco....

....its pretty tasty, and was $5 off

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Blows Bud, Miller, and all the competitors out of the water  8-)

Its an Iron City night in da Burgh!!

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

pawpaw

Johnny Walker Black, neat. Listening to the new Elvis Costello album (quietly, don't want to wake baby!), and it kind of demands whiskey.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

ms. yvon

nice mood setting, bbill!

to go with my grilled cheese & tomato:  an eye of the hawk ale from medocino brewery.

oh, i love this beer.   [smiley=beer.gif]

it used to be brewed only once at year and sold at fourth of july.  these days it's year round *beam*
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

pawpaw

Liters of some kind of ale-ish beer at a bar near here, watching the Raiders. Wife and son out of town, so I had a bit more than I normally would.  ;D

What's up Jon. T?! I see you out there.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

mjkoehler

Busy day today, including a decent 4:30 AM run. Guinness time! And it's not even time for supper. WTH?!?!

Ruckus

QuoteBusy day today, including a decent 4:30 AM run. Guinness time! And it's not even time for supper. WTH?!?!

Any time is Guiness time [smiley=beer.gif]
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

mjkoehler

QuoteBusy day today, including a decent 4:30 AM run. Guinness time! And it's not even time for supper. WTH?!?!

Any time is Guiness time [smiley=beer.gif]
Yes it is. I was 90% of the way from cracking one open at breakfast then remembered I had all kinds of shit to do and I would have stayed on the couch if that hapened. That's what Sunday is for I guess.