Anyone Else Drinkin'? prt2

Started by dragonboy, Dec 04, 2008, 10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

And I'll Evan Williams black over either.

I fear I will shame myself with my whiskey consumption in October. :-[
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

QuoteNever really been a Jack fan...Always go for Uncle Beam

ickk, too sweet

Sweet? I dont think Ive had any whiskey that is sour mash (as JB is) and think it is sweet.

You want sweet, try Wild Turkey American Honey. Yuck.

Speaking of Turkey, got a bottle of the WT Rye whiskey last week. Like that stuff a good bit. Same price as the regular WT but 101 proof.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

QuoteAnd I'll Evan Williams black over either.

I like EW more than JB/JD, but if Im spending that much $$ I usually just get Eagle Rare or splurge on Woodford. For every 5 handles of Old Crow, I'll get a 750ml of 1 of those  ;D

Better hope I end up going to the Terminal 5 run then so we both can stick out like sore thumbs by drinking a dozen bourbon rocks each night
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

I could post this in the best songs of 2010 thread, but since were talking whiskey, I'll just throw it up in here

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=braQeLkJUvE[/media]

Man, all this talk and that song makes me want to finish that bottle of WT Rye right now

Hawkeye

That honey Wild Turkey may be similar to Barenjaeger?  That stuff is sweet!  Literally tastes like honey, with just a hint of that alcohol burn.  I can drink it straight out of the bottle...gets me in trouble, kinda like apple pie or jungle juice.  Also not bad for hangovers.  You can wake up in the morning, have a bloody mary, a mimosa, and some toast with barenjaeger...hangover gone!

We could.

Hawkeye

If we're talking Rye, I really like Templeton.

We could.

Ruckus

I like EW more than JB/JD, but if Im spending that much $$ I usually just get Eagle Rare or splurge on Woodford. For every 5 handles of Old Crow, I'll get a 750ml of 1 of those  ;D

Better hope I end up going to the Terminal 5 run then so we both can stick out like sore thumbs by drinking a dozen bourbon rocks each night
?

EW is dirt cheap man.  I still get glass handles for under $20 here.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

?

EW is dirt cheap man.  I still get glass handles for under $20 here.

Glass handles here are like $25.99 + our ridiculous county alcohol tax coming to around $28+

Not saying its expensive, but Old Crow or Ten High is almost half the price

capt. scotty

QuoteIf we're talking Rye, I really like Templeton.

Never heard of it...Looks like its only sold in Iowa and Illinois....Looks expensive

lucylew

Enjoying a gin & tonic with some very, very fine 209 gin I picked up at Dean & Deluca in Napa.  

Gin & tonic screams summer to me.

capt. scotty

If Im not drinking whiskey, G&T's are my go to drink.

Found this gin I really liked a few years ago called Broker's, but they havent sold it for awhile. Damnit.

Soulshine

I accidently wrecked myself on Gin the other night
Because we're all in this together...

johnnYYac

I'll never forget nonstop Tanqueray and tonics with nuclear nachos in an attic apartment without AC in the summer of '88.  

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

MarkW

QuoteI'll never forget nonstop Tanqueray and tonics with nuclear nachos in an attic apartment without AC in the summer of '88.  

Tanqueray is my second gin of choice, if there's no Plymouth available:

Bombay Sapphire is third:

The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

capt. scotty

Never had Plymouth. Looks like I know what Im buying next time Im at the liquor store.

Big fan of Sapphire.

If you like Tanqueray, I recommend this Gin thats only been on the market a couple of years - New Amsterdam. Its a sweeter gin like Tanqueray, but you can usually get a handle for about $20 which I think is the same price or even less than a fifth of Tanqueray. New Amsterdam fifths are actually on sale here for $9 right now as I bought one the other day. Best bang for buck of any liquor AFAIK

lucylew

I must say, if you can get your hands on No. 209 gin - get some.  I endorse it mightily.  If I can't find a local shop that sells it - I'll be heading out to Napa to get a few bottles.

Hey, will be going that way for Outside Lands this weekend anyway...problem solved!

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Gin o Gin.

Was not aware there were some so many avid gin drinkers around here.  Shows how much I know about good, quality, hard liquor.  So what do you guys make Gin and Tonics or what?  Drink it straight?

I had you all pinned as whiskey drinkers.  My friend Lee is a Gin & Tonic.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Pop Quiz Hot Shots, You've Got To Get Wasted But You've Got to Work the Next Day So You Want Some Top Shelf Liquor.  WHAT DO YOU DO?! WHAT DO YOU DO:?!?!

POP QUIZ HOT SHOTS, you've just checked your wallet and noticed you don't have enough for top shelf, what do you shoot for next?

What brands do you steer clear from at all costs, even if it's onsale?

I need to get educated in this upper class aristocratic style drinking, but at the same time I need to know my options when I feel more bourgeois.  

Teach me how to be a bartender.

mjkoehler

QuoteI'll never forget nonstop Tanqueray and tonics with nuclear nachos in an attic apartment without AC in the summer of '88.  

Tanqueray is my second gin of choice, if there's no Plymouth available:

Bombay Sapphire is third:

Blue Sapphire would be my first choice, hands down. However, I've never had this Plymouth you speak of. Need to investigate.

Soulshine

It was Bombay Sapphire the other night. My roommate made some crazy concoction of gin, oj and an organic juice that I do not remember what it was.

I dont drink gin often, but when I do...

-dirty martinis (i dont like olives, but when made right...mmmmm)

Because we're all in this together...