Anyone Else Drinkin'? prt2

Started by dragonboy, Dec 04, 2008, 10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

QuoteI could use a few more whiskey ideas myself.

Whiskey + Ginger Ale = awesomeness [smiley=beer.gif]

:-/ :-/ :-/

What happened to real whiskey drinkers?  Straight or one cube.  That's it.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Penny Lane

QuoteBH:  My bottle of Makers talked to me this morning too!  It feels neglected but we're on for Friday. How do you usually drink your Makers?  I usually just drink it with Coke, occasionally on the rocks.  Any favorite concoctions, please share!  I know more Rum drinks than whiskey drinks, although, in a lot of cases, they can be interchanged, at least according to my unsophisticated palate.

Headdy:  That is one sweet CC ad.

he usually starts out by sipping, then steady gulps, then violent chugs, which causes him to dribble a little of it on his shirt. by the end of the night, there's a sweet spot that appears right over his heart area the size of a golf ball...this happens each time i've seen him drink.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Crispy

QuoteBH:  My bottle of Makers talked to me this morning too!  It feels neglected but we're on for Friday. How do you usually drink your Makers?  I usually just drink it with Coke, occasionally on the rocks.  Any favorite concoctions, please share!  I know more Rum drinks than whiskey drinks, although, in a lot of cases, they can be interchanged, at least according to my unsophisticated palate.

he usually starts out by sipping, then steady gulps, then violent chugs, which causes him to dribble a little of it on his shirt. by the end of the night, there's a sweet spot that appears right over his heart area the size of a golf ball...this happens each time i've seen him drink.
I've witnessed this phenomenon too, it's real! However, I believe the true cause of the wet spot is that so many drinks are coming in such swift succession that there is a nearly constant stream of new condensation available on the cold glasses, which then drips upon BH's shirt as he holds each drink as closely as he possibly can to his mouth.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Hawkeye

HAHAHAHAHAhahahahaha!  This sounds about right.  Usually how I drink it as well.  That's if I'm taking it easy.  I'll spare you the description of what happens if I drink too much whiskey.

Ruckus, I wish I could sip on whiskey like that but I ruined it for myself at an early age by drinking too much.  Haven't been able to stomach it very well ever since.  Wish I could.  I can choke down/semi-enjoy a really good whiskey on the rocks but only on certain days.   :(
We could.

peafunk31

QuoteWhat happened to real whiskey drinkers?  Straight or one cube.  That's it.

Oh, don't get me wrong good sir! If the whiskey is top notch it needs no friends. A single cube is all good whiskey needs. However, a good portion of people I've run across are unable to tell good whiskey from crap. When I'm offered crap whiskey it automatically gets paired with Ginger Ale. Cheers!  [smiley=beer.gif]
Homer no function beer well without.

BH

I've witnessed this phenomenon too, it's real! However, I believe the true cause of the wet spot is that so many drinks are coming in such swift succession that there is a nearly constant stream of new condensation available on the cold glasses, which then drips upon BH's shirt as he holds each drink as closely as he possibly can to his mouth.

;D  you nailed it.   wow i'm such a lush.  i guess i should drink more in the winter when there is less condensation.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ruckus

;D  you nailed it.   wow i'm such a lush.  i guess i should drink more in the winter when there is less condensation.
I venture that some quantity of bourbon will be consumed in October.  I look forward to this phenomenon so no white shirts please.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

BH

I venture that some quantity of bourbon will be consumed in October.  I look forward to this phenomenon so no white shirts please.

Even when it's really going good it's only about the size of a grapefruit right where my gut starts sticking out to a point that will catch the drips.  Hopefully my increase in mountain biking will help to decrease the size down somewhat.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

jones

Even when it's really going good it's only about the size of a grapefruit right where my gut starts sticking out to a point that will catch the drips.  [highlight]Hopefully my increase in mountain biking will help to decrease the size down somewhat[/highlight].
It will.  I am a semi-pro beer drinker and riding once a week is enough to offset my habits.  I have lost 20+ lbs since winter and over 2" off my waist.  I have thought about riding around STL before, but never have; I should make a trip out this year...

I currently am not drinking.  Three more hours.

BH

Oh man that's good to hear.   I've lost about 5 since last fall but can't seem to get any more.  If I could lose 1" on my waist I'd be elated.

That would be awesome if you visited STL.  We would definitely be currently drinking if that happened.

capt. scotty

QuoteI could use a few more whiskey ideas myself.

Whiskey + Ginger Ale = awesomeness [smiley=beer.gif]

:-/ :-/ :-/

What happened to real whiskey drinkers?  Straight or one cube.  That's it.

Real men drink it straight out the bottle.

....In the liquor store
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

In all serious though, Im a "3 fingers of Eagle Rare/Woodford Reserve/Buffalo Trace and 2 Cubes" kind of guy.

Or im just drinking Canadian Hunter or something worse and shooting it.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

iLikeBeer

I got really sick after a night of drinking some very cheap whiskey when I was in high school and really just the smell of whiskey makes me nauseus to this day.  

Really, I don't drink too much hard liquor period.  Hence my username.   8-)

peafunk31

QuoteReal men drink it straight out the bottle.

....In the liquor store

Game. Set. Match ;D
Homer no function beer well without.

Hawkeye

QuoteI got really sick after a night of drinking some very cheap whiskey when I was in high school and really just the smell of whiskey makes me nauseus to this day.  

Really, I don't drink too much hard liquor period.  Hence my username.   8-)

ILB this same thing happened to me.  I had a very torrid love affair with Jack Daniels for all of about 3 weeks.  Drinking a bottle of jack and 10 beers in 2-3 hours (no exaggeration here) when you weigh 145 lbs will make you VERY sick.  I don't even have to smell whisky.  If I so much as SEE bottle of Jack my stomach starts doing flips.  Strangely, I can still tolerate Crown, Jameson, or Maker's...to a degree.  Not like I used to back in high school.  Maybe this is a good thing.  My grandpa struggled with whiskey until he was 30 or so.  At least I know I won't have that problem!
We could.

iLikeBeer

Strangely, I can still tolerate Crown, Jameson, or Maker's...to a degree.  Not like I used to back in high school.  Maybe this is a good thing.  My grandpa struggled with whiskey until he was 30 or so.  At least I know I won't have that problem!

Yeah.  This is how I look at it as well.  I don't really feel like I'm missing anything with all of the good beers out there waiting for me to try!  :)

Hawkeye

I've got a shipment of New Glarus beer on the way!!!! Woohoo!!!  A friend is coming to visit from the Potosi, WI, area.  She's bringing 2 bottles of the cherry beer, 2 bottles of the raspberry, and some Spotted Cow, Fat Squirrel, and Organic Revolution!  Also bringing some steaks, 10 lbs of brats, and some real Wisconsin cheese curds!  Is it 6:00 yet?  Cheers to a good weekend!
We could.

ALady

Sooooo jealous!  I won't be able to visit the motherland till the Phish shows next month...
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

capt. scotty

Never really been a Jack fan...Always go for Uncle Beam

BH

QuoteNever really been a Jack fan...Always go for Uncle Beam

ickk, too sweet