Anyone Else Drinkin'? prt2

Started by dragonboy, Dec 04, 2008, 10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

All this damn bourbon talk made me stop off at the store as i was driving past it to get me a bottle of Woodford. Havent had that magical elixir in awhile, and I dont think Ive ever even bought a bottle without splitting it because of how damn expensive it is, but I plan on enjoying that in a couple of hours. Hopefully it lasts more than 3 days  ::)

I just moved back to PA, and sadly, they dont have Old Forrester or Buffalo Trace according to the cashier (but do have Eagle Rare somehow). What really perplexes me though is just 2 years ago when I first tried Buffalo Trace, I bought the stuff in State College, PA  :-?

So dont feel too bad Ruckus because youre not alone there  
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

kydiddle

QuoteAll this damn bourbon talk made me stop off at the store as i was driving past it to get me a bottle of Woodford. Havent had that magical elixir in awhile, and I dont think Ive ever even bought a bottle without splitting it because of how damn expensive it is, but I plan on enjoying that in a couple of hours. Hopefully it lasts more than 3 days  ::)

I just moved back to PA, and sadly, they dont have Old Forrester or Buffalo Trace according to the cashier (but do have Eagle Rare somehow). What really perplexes me though is just 2 years ago when I first tried Buffalo Trace, I bought the stuff in State College, PA  :-?

So dont feel too bad Ruckus because youre not alone there  

Alcohol + PA = sucktacular.

State College??  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

<------- PSU Alum!
Cow temperature.

capt. scotty

Yep, gradjiated in 2007

Cant wait to see us hopefully beat the poop out of USC!! I got my wish that we didnt have to play Oregon St again, so hopefully USC doesnt embarass us.

PA's alcohol laws are teh suck, but I dont understand why they wouldnt carry those ones (esp since like I said I bought it at PSU in like 06/07).

I even read that in 2007, bourbon sales were through the roof compared to every other liquor - and this is across the country, not PA

They said all the grandchildren must want to drink what theyre granddaddy used to drink back in the day  ;D ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ghosts_on_TV

I'm listening to Blonde on Blonde and drinking a Miller Lite. Ha. I'm having fun though.   8-)  
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

capt. scotty

Well, Blonde on Blonde sounds nice, if it was happenings in my basement ;). Miller lite, well, if youre drinking ML, you might as well listen to the best album possible  ;D

capt. scotty

I knew I shouldnt have bought that Woodford Reserve!! Damn you all!

It just tastes too good. I thought I would quit at 2, but I had to pour a 3rd (a 3rd glass, with 3 shots, perfectly addressed by 2 ice cubes).

Im listening to some Stones greatest hits right now that I just rediscovered I owned.

I think you got me beat with Blonde on Blonde though :-/

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteI knew I shouldnt have bought that Woodford Reserve!! Damn you all!

It just tastes too good. I thought I would quit at 2, but I had to pour a 3rd (a 3rd glass, with 3 shots, perfectly addressed by 2 ice cubes).

Im listening to some Stones greatest hits right now that I just rediscovered I owned.

I think you got me beat with Blonde on Blonde though :-/

It's ok, you are drinking better booze than me. We're even.  :D

red

I lose - I drank the last beer in my fridge last night so I'm stuck with apple.  Thankfully I at least had a bottle of Newcastle with my supper tonight.  Good times.

Oh, I'm listening to Pavement this evening/morning.  Who would have guessed?

capt. scotty

I think Im gonna put on Crooked Rain Crooked Rain during these last few Fight Night sessions on PS2 so I really wanna beat the pulp outta the other dude on the video game.

Pavement just seems more fitting than the Stones  ;D

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteI lose - I drank the last beer in my fridge last night so I'm stuck with apple.  Thankfully I at least had a bottle of Newcastle with my supper tonight.  Good times.

Oh, I'm listening to Pavement this evening/morning.  Who would have guessed?

You need to give Real Emotional Trash another shot, K.

Ghosts_on_TV

...but...Blonde on Blonde seems to be the perfect soundtrack to my life right now. Listen to it if you have it. I am, however, wasted. Do what thou wilt. And shit.    8-)

red

QuoteYou need to give Real Emotional Trash another shot, K.
I think I'm going to.  I've gone a little Pavement crazy the past month or so & that certainly won't make me like the record any less.  

I saw SM & the Jicks a month or so ago & had a blast.  They weren't the best but I stood inches from SM for two hours, so yeah.  And Blitzen Trapper were excellent openers.  

capt. scotty

Im just wondering who created alcohol???

I know all these brilliant people from the Renaissance and shit, but what damn monk in Kazakhstan created alcohol?!

capt. scotty

Id also like to mention, in just over 24 hours, this thread is about to reach 6 pages

God Bless MMJ fan drunks  8-) 8-) 8-)

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteId also like to mention, in just over 24 hours, this thread is about to reach 6 pages

God Bless MMJ fan drunks  8-) 8-) 8-)

The best kind!   :D

Ghosts_on_TV

I'd like to say, alcohol nonwithstanding (biggest word I've ever typed, if it's a word), I've been here for a bit, met a couple of folks, this is THE best message board that ever learned to surf (the web). It is. Once You start really meeting people on here, you'll know how great it is. Not to say the peeps I didn't meet arent great. I'm going to buy all of you a shot one day... 8-)

capt. scotty

QuoteI'd like to say, alcohol nonwithstanding (biggest word I've ever typed, if it's a word), I've been here for a bit, met a couple of folks, this is THE best message board that ever learned to surf (the web). It is. Once You start really meeting people on here, you'll know how great it is. Not to say the peeps I didn't meet arent great. I'm going to buy all of you a shot one day... 8-)

cheers!

..and I think you were looking for noTwithstanding, which is a word  ;)

ManNamedTruth

Wait, what happened to part one?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteWait, what happened to part one?

Too many peeps at the bar...hard to get a drink. ;)

ManNamedTruth

QuoteWait, what happened to part one?

Too many peeps at the bar...hard to get a drink. ;)

I hate when that happens.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!