Anyone Else Drinkin'? prt2

Started by dragonboy, Dec 04, 2008, 10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

I'm enjoying a post-stressful-day-at-work beverage, namely a Boeheim Manhattan, which includes orange/cognac liqueur and orange bitters, being an asshole and calling my cat a disloyal idiot.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

johnnYYac

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 21, 2013, 06:11 PM
I'm enjoying a post-stressful-day-at-work beverage, namely a Boeheim Manhattan, which includes orange/cognac liqueur and orange bitters, being an asshole and calling my cat a disloyal idiot.
Drink sounds tasty, but what gives with da cat? 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Crispy

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 21, 2013, 08:27 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Feb 21, 2013, 06:11 PM
Drink sounds tasty, but what gives with da cat?
See the college basketball thread. Cheers!

Edit: I just realized, that drink should be called an Orangeman Hattan
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Taterbug

Quote from: wolof7 on Apr 16, 2012, 05:50 PM

....Beautiful day in the Ocean State....Cheers!

Your speaking my language.   I had a Jamison and ginger ale the other day.  I prefer that over jack and coke these days. 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

johnnYYac

Last man standing. Five of my brothers fell before me. Time for a nightcap. Urp.

johnnYYac

Only 2:17 am.  We're gettin' old.  Guinness, Long Trail, Smuttynose, Geary's, Bud, Flor de Cana rum, oof. 

Crispy

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 24, 2013, 02:20 AM
Only 2:17 am.  We're gettin' old.  Guinness, Long Trail, Smuttynose, Geary's, Bud, Flor de Cana rum, oof.

That stuff will make a lot of folks turn in early.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 24, 2013, 12:14 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 24, 2013, 02:20 AM

That stuff will make a lot of folks turn in early.
it was some new black label Bud. I had one handed to me and it was definitely the low point of the night's swllin'.

Crispy

Sidecar, but with bourbon, La Belle Orange, juice from a Cutie as well as lemon, a wee bit of maple syrup, and Fee Bros. orange bitters. So not really very Sidecar-ish, maybe, but I might have a new favorite drink, and I definitely have a thing for oranges lately.

Fully

Quote from: Crispy on Mar 02, 2013, 08:48 PM
Sidecar, but with bourbon, La Belle Orange, juice from a Cutie as well as lemon, a wee bit of maple syrup, and Fee Bros. orange bitters. So not really very Sidecar-ish, maybe, but I might have a new favorite drink, and I definitely have a thing for oranges lately.

Is your thing for oranges bc of this Cutie who gave you the juice? Inquiring minds want to know? Or am I missing something here?

Crispy

Quote from: Fully on Mar 03, 2013, 07:58 AM

Is your thing for oranges bc of this Cutie who gave you the juice? Inquiring minds want to know? Or am I missing something here?

Sadly, the Cutie referred to above is the brand name for a currently popular variety of wee orange. Hence the posting about drinking on this forum on a Saturday night, which would not have happened had an actual cutie of the female human type been supplying me with juices.

Fully

Quote from: Crispy on Mar 03, 2013, 10:53 AM
Quote from: Fully on Mar 03, 2013, 07:58 AM

Sadly, the Cutie referred to above is the brand name for a currently popular variety of wee orange. Hence the posting about drinking on this forum on a Saturday night, which would not have happened had an actual cutie of the female human type been supplying me with juices.

I've got a hot sister-in-law who isn't married. When I say hot, I do mean very good-looking. Too bad she lives in TN. She could use a man like you.

Shug

Crispy, that sounds good.  I'm putting that shit (orange bitters) in everything these days!  :grin:

Here's one that really surprised me how good it tastes.  This is from Distrito, Chef Jose Garces restaurant here in PHX. 

Commodore:
Rinse an Old Fashioned glass with a smoky Mezcal, fill glass with ice
Shake bourbon, lime juice, syrup, w/ice in cocktail shaker
Garnish with thick slice of orange zest, (twist it over the top of the drink to release the oils)

Mmmm, that smells AND tastes good!!!   Bourbon and lime go surprisingly well together, I was surprised.  The mezcal is key to give it an interesting smokiness.  Seems a shame to dump out the mezcal, though. :happy:

I'm really into having two different citrus flavors in one drink, its a nice layering effect, but still harmonious.

Another bi-citrus drink, (I'll take credit for this one)
Meyer Lemondrop:
Orange-flavored Absolut
Meyer lemon juice (its gotta be a Meyer, trust me its worth the effort to seek out)
Syrup
Shake over ice, strain into martini glass with sugared rim

"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face