The Official Disc Golf Thread

Started by talleshortz, Feb 19, 2009, 04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

QuoteThank you...I think? I guess the thought of looking up disc golf lingo never came to me. And now that you said it, I did. And you're right there's a lot of lingo sites.

Thanks for the advice, bro. I didn't know you could break in a disc. That's kinda cool.  
;D No problem man.  Ha, now you say shit like, "Yo, u wanna put a little annie (anhyzer) on that."  Breaking in a disc is real important at the very least  in understanding what to expect from your disc.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

16the hole at Druid Hill, yesterday, 11/28/2010, 12:10 pm.

3rd ace of my life and first skip ace.  They had move the basket to a position on the right with a huge tree on the right.  Usually I'll rip a Roc straight but this time I took a little off and flicked my Destroyer.  It went dead straight then turned right a bit at the end, skipped off the ground and straight into the chains.  My weekend was complete. 8-) :o :) ;D :D

.Walt

Quote16the hole at Druid Hill, yesterday, 11/28/2010, 12:10 pm.

3rd ace of my life and first skip ace.  They had move the basket to a position on the right with a huge tree on the right.  Usually I'll rip a Roc straight but this time I took a little off and flicked my Destroyer.  It went dead straight then turned right a bit at the end, skipped off the ground and straight into the chains.  My weekend was complete. 8-) :o :) ;D :D

Damn you have 3 of those things in your career! That's awesome! Did you know as soon as you released it that it was in. You did talk shit afterward right?...Of course you did!  8-)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Ruckus

Damn you have 3 of those things in your career! That's awesome! Did you know as soon as you released it that it was in. You did talk shit afterward right?...Of course you did!  8-)
We have a rule that after an ace, we stop playing and we got to the bar and pound bourbon.  It was a bad idea because we were drinkin vodka on the course. ;D  It's the best feelin 8-)

capt. scotty

We have a rule that after an ace, we stop playing and we got to the bar and pound bourbon.  It was a bad idea because we were drinkin vodka on the course. ;D  It's the best feelin 8-)

Thats a great rule  ;D

3 aces, Im jealous...I'll take a skip, or hit a tree and fall right down into the basket, anything for my first ace.

[size=8]....I didnt throw once all year [/size]  :-[
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

;D

That is a great rule. If you're looking for a caddy that will work for booze, I'm your guy.

Ruckus

;D

That is a great rule. If you're looking for a caddy that will work for booze, I'm your guy.
In which case, you are always welcome.  And believe me, a caddy is very helpful to hold 20 discs, a bottle of booze and and a couple of beers while walking my dog as well while I am competing at the highest level of athletics known to man.

.Walt

;D

In which case, you are always welcome.  And believe me, a caddy is very helpful to hold 20 discs, a bottle of booze and and a couple of beers while walking my dog as well while I am competing at the highest level of athletics known to man.

You know last year I would have thought you were joking. But I still can't believe how fucked up my back was from disc golf. I seriously could barely get out of bed to go to the bathroom or whatever for a month. Good thing I was collecting unemployment, but also I didn't have health insurance.  :-/

Ruckus

Ahh it's spring and I know some of you are trudging out to chuck a few holes.  I've been able to hit a couple of courses the last couple of weeks and the games is coming together.  I think the torn rotator cuff issue that was nagging me for years is finally all good as I've been flicking further than ever with no pain.  The best news is that our home course, the one I'm moving right next to is adding an entirely new 18 holes in addition to the 27 it already has.   :)

Hope someone gets an ace this season.

capt. scotty

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 19, 2011, 05:51 PM
I think the torn rotator cuff issue that was nagging me for years is finally all good as I've been flicking further than ever with no pain.

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

Quote from: capt. scotty on Apr 20, 2011, 09:14 PM
I think the torn rotator cuff issue that was nagging me for years is finally all good as I've been flicking further than ever with no pain.

Is that ROTY?

capt. scotty

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 21, 2011, 10:58 AM

Is that ROTY?

Hell yeah! Throwin better than ever after a torn rotator cuff  :beer:

Ruckus

Quote from: capt. scotty on Apr 21, 2011, 10:08 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 21, 2011, 10:58 AM

Is that ROTY?

Hell yeah! Throwin better than ever after a torn rotator cuff  :beer:
;D  I saw that movie once, a long time ago, so I wasn't sure if it was what I thought it was.

It's been nice because I don't get great distance off of my back hand so being able to flick pain free has enabled me to hang with some of the longer drivers on the long holes.

darkglow

hey guys... my brother has been going on and on about disc golf for a while and we both played the ps3 move disc golf game all winter.. he went last weekend for the first time and played at a course over in SoCal and had alot of fun...

i want to get a round in this weekend and my question is.. is this a good activity for a first date? i know the rules and all but i need to buy a couple drivers (i know there are more discs to have but i'm told that is really all you need for your first time)

darkglow

P.S. the chick i'm taking out on a date has mentioned she likes putt-putt golf

Ruckus

Quote from: darkglow on Apr 23, 2011, 06:03 AM
P.S. the chick i'm taking out on a date has mentioned she likes putt-putt golf

What's a date?  People still do that?

I think it's a good place to go but I'm biased.  Hopefully it's not too challenging a course where it gets frustrating.  Also, if you are gonna get just a couple of drivers and your date is going to use one, I'd get a lighter fairway driver with low speed and high glide ratings.  Otherwise it could make for a not fun throwing experience for her unless she's like super athlete girl.  Having a putter doesn't hurt either.

Have fun Tyler!  What's the closest course to you?

Hawkeye

Very delayed post here, but got my first Ace on 5-25-11.  Hole # 13 in Marietta, OH.  Par 3, 195 ft, slightly uphill.  I flicked one out to the right a little bit, it came back left, and just as it started doing its double curve back to the right, it hit the chains!  Boo-yah!

The funny thing is, we were just about to quit the hole before that.  This course is really wide-open and pretty easy on holes 1-13.  Then you head into 3 impossible holes in the woods, then 2 more after you exit the woods.  Anyway, on hole 12, a really easy hole, I threw kind of a shitty drive that didn't go too far and kind of dove down and to the left.  The grass was pretty long and it still had clippings all over from the last mow job.  I couldn't find the disk.  We walked back and forth down each wind-row of mowed grass for probably 20-25 mins...just could not see the disk.  Then, right when we were about to quit, I found it.  Finished the hole with a par, walked over to the next hole and promptly Aced it.   8)

Unfortunately the tops of each basket weren't there...the plastic parts above the chains that list the hole number and sometimes point to the next hole...so I couldn't write my name on the basket...that's what we used to do back in the Dubuque, IA, course, anyway.

Here's to hoping for some more Aces this year from y'all!   :beer:
We could.

Ruckus

BADASS!  Congrats Dan!  Glad you guys stayed on.  Can't beat that feeling! :beer:

ChronicHunger

Thats awesome man. Im still in search of my first, last time out i skimmed the chains and then four holes later skipped one and hit the basket. Itll happen one of these days.

wolof7

if anyone is looking to sell a bag with some discs I'm in the market... :thumbsup:
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee