Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EAZYE

just bought a dr. dog ticket for $12 and they are here in Norman!
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

tower

Hey, I live in Shelbyville...and I know all too well what you mean!
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

dragonboy

QuoteHey, I live in Shelbyville...
Shelbyville?!! BOO!!!

Sorry T, couldn't resist  :-[

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

All 3,200 of the miners getting out alive. Sometimes there is good news  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

megisnotreal

i am back home!
:D

dragonboy

How'd it go Meg? How ya feelin'?

Good to have you back!!!  :D

megisnotreal

feeling pretty sore. i am supposed to be getting some better pain medicine soon, so maybe that will help. i have the next week off, though...  [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] paid medical leave!

dragonboy

Very pleased to hear that! What they give you? Morphine?

Take it easy & get well real soon  :)

TEO

Turns out OJ's confiscated Rolex was a fake so they gave it back. What a FUCK UP!!!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

TEO

It's snowin' in the Rockies! I wanna' go skiing!

TEO

Quotefeeling pretty sore. i am supposed to be getting some better pain medicine soon, so maybe that will help. i have the next week off, though...  [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] paid medical leave!

I want that, just without the surgery! Take care sweetheart, I am sure you will heal quickly and feel better than you have in quite awhile.   :)

TEO

My yogatoes from yogapro.com are effectively treating my neuroma.

megisnotreal

i do not feel anything.  :o :-*

SMc55

QuoteMy yogatoes from yogapro.com are effectively treating my neuroma.
Great news  :)

mjkoehler

Here is my soon to be current joy once this heat spell breaks in the next few days. I cannot wait to use it and not feel like I'm going to burst into flames just from sitting outside.

bug

Quotewhaaat? apparently you can special order wedding edition peeps. i am pretty excited about this.
:o :o :o

:o grooms cake?
Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

vespachick

Going to see M. Ward in about, oh, two hours from now.  Sufficiently wined.  Yeah!!
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

aMD

QuoteGoing to see M. Ward in about, oh, two hours from now.  Sufficiently wined.  Yeah!!

so how was it?  the show, not the wine

vespachick

QuoteGoing to see M. Ward in about, oh, two hours from now.  Sufficiently wined.  Yeah!!

so how was it?  the show, not the wine

In a word: PHENOMENAL!  Really, It was fantastic.  I had never seen him before and man, I was blown away.  Had no idea it would rawk so hard, but it did. I danced and danced and danced.  Amazing stuff.  It seemed mostly Post War stuff, nothing I didn't recognize, but I only own Transistor Radio & Post War.  He did Magic Trick and I was hoping for a special guest...didn't have one, but it was still a super-duper show.  M. Ward that is.  

The 2nd opener?  P-Yew!  Poor guy.  Jason Lytle (Grandaddy's fame?).  I don't know what was going on with this guy last night, rambling on and couldn't start/finish songs. (Even worse than when Al Green goes nutty and can't get through a song - painful!!)  You know it's gone horribly wrong when the crowd starts yelling at you to leave the stage and even the performer agrees that if somebody had a large hook they should use it to pull him off stage. As much as he sucked, I felt really bad for the guy.  That had to have been the suckiest performance EVER.
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

red

Was helping my Mom cleaning her basement and we found a box of stuff that belonged to a friend of hers who she lived with years ago.  So here I am home now, ready to spin these on the turntable: