Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

11 years ago today, just about this time actually was a very special moment. My life certainly got better that day. Tonight we will be celebrating eating Spanish and drinking some damn fine Sangria at our favorite restaurant.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knp9-GY6fHE[/media]

pawpaw

QuoteWell, we moved a couple weekends ago (from San Francisco to Sacramento), took off for a week for a little vacation between jobs, and today is the last day of my first week at my new job....things have been fucking nuts, but everything feels great, like we made the right decision in moving. We're still a long way from settled, but it's a good start. The new job is not so Forum friendly yet, but I'll work on that  ;)

All that, plus....I bought my tickets to the Greek show this morning, and EU comes out in 4 days!!!
bill did you leave your heart in San Fran.... :-/

There are a lot of great things about SF that I'm sure I'll miss more as time goes on, but we're in a great spot now, and really happy to be here  :)
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

mjkoehler

Coming home after a really long, trying, and frankly fucking shitty day I arrive home and there is 2 nice packages waiting for me. One is my Jacket pint glass and EU. I will not open EU until tomorrow, however that pint glass is currently getting broken in.

I also got a package from rccola. Thanks dawg, talking about hooking a brotha up. PM me about something you might be looking for. Our generation has to teach the younger generation about Otis just as the previous taught us.

Oh and BH, thanks again. f'n WOW.

.Walt

just got off the phone with wal-mart. they told me i can pick up the disc right now!!!! i'm gone...
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

vespachick

I'd like to personally thank both Cake and Mantooth for the "Faaa-Shaay" action concept.  My photobooth project is coming along swimmingly because of you girls!

[size=20]I WANT TO THANK YOU!!!![/color][/size]

:-* :-*
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

TEO

Sitting outside yesterday listening to EU front to back 2x with the volume on my JVC sound cannon 45/50!  
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

TEO

I feel like I have not learned as much in one week as I have this last one since elementary school due to the excellence of my college instructor.

getinthevan

QuoteI feel like I have not learned as much in one week as I have this last one since elementary school due to the excellence of my college instructor.

Thats one of the greatest feelings.

My current joy:  Super Mario Galaxy.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

bluntmaster

my current joy is enjoying this joint this morning while listening to that rudyards benefit concert.  good way to start the day up. if you ask me  :)

bluntmaster

here's my other one:

getinthevan

Thats a nice dog.

getinthevan

Sorry it this is a large pic.  My dogs last fall.  

bluntmaster

that pics cute as hell.  my pup just turned 1 this month, boxer mutt.  she's my sanity.

TEO

Chillin' with my son watching Ozo then Gogol on att from 'Roo on Father's day weekend. Last year I was watchin' and we were texting the same show while he was there. It is MUCH better to have him with me.

megalicious

i am going to be featured in a magazine article about the "future of broadcasting!" it's a pretty big magazine for the US broadcasting industry, so i am psyched!

:)
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Jenny

nice, meg, congrats.

as for me: school ends wednesday. i'm so close. then i'm free. then i'm a senior. then i'm really freeeeee!!

primushead

[size=20]IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!  LAWSON, ELLINGTON AND GREEN WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!  ALL STARTERS RETURN!!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!  THIS IS HUUUUUUUGE!!!  BRING ON THE NATIONAL TITLE!!!!!!!![/size]

red

Too many!!!   8-)

- Last day of work is Wednesday
- See my favourite Canadian band two nights in a row.  Interview them for this blog I started, but haven't been devoting enough attention to.
- See three friends I haven't seen in far too long.  Including the girl I used to ramble about this time last year.
- Eat at my favourite restaurant/bar on Thursday.
- Shop at my favourite used records store Thursday.
- Fly to Houston Saturday morning and kick my Tom Waits action into gear.

:)

dragonboy

QuoteInterview them for this blog I started, but haven't been devoting enough attention to.
You got a link for us K?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

YouAre_GivenToFly

4 day weekend

Thursday - Ted Leo / Pearl Jam
Friday - My Morning Jacket in NYC
Saturday - Phillies night game w/ girlfriend
Sunday - Doing absolutely nothing

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.