Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkW

QuoteGot to see the Moto GP bikes run at INDY today. 800 cc's, 250 h.p., and 200 m.p.h. down the straight. The leans into the corners are much more dramatic in person than they are on TV.

250bhp + 2 wheels + 200mph = regular changes of underwear.  Those guys have balls of steel.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

TEO

Just heard "I'm Amazed" playing in the background music during an interview with Olympic swimmer Gary Hall on the Today Show!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

TheBigChicken

QuoteJust heard "I'm Amazed" playing in the background music during an interview with Olympic swimmer Gary Hall on the Today Show!
Hey TEO 8-16-08 is my brothers birthday.....how freakin' SWEET is that ;) 8-)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

The DARK

Paychecks!!!  :D
In another time, in another place, in another face

getinthevan

Now that the band isn't really doing a whole lot anymore and after nearly every problem imaginable over the course of the last 16 months, I'm 99% sure that I've finally finished my band's EP.  

There's a song (maybe 2) posted here:
www.myspace.com/eyesunclouded
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

.Walt

4 tickets for My Morning Jacket just ordered. 12 of us are going. good news, good news  :D
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

vespachick

I just got my new cell phone: LG Voyager.  IT IS AWESOME!!!  Seriously!! :o

Except I can't log into the forum on it, but I'm sure that will work itself out.  Right Fran?   :-[
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Jenny

Penny Lane

QuotePaychecks!!!  :D

hey mister, i hope you're saving that $$! you better not be blowing it on cheap women and candy---
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ManNamedTruth

i adore home movies :-* getting rid of squiggle-vision was a great improvement. seasons 2 and 3 are my favorites, enjoy!

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Jenny

yeah season 3 was great. i think 2 is the most funny so far.

but who's to say? they're all hilarious.

i personally liked the squigglevision, but i definitely see how people wouldn't.

TEO

Breaking in my son's bangin' new hookah that he bought himself for his 20th birthday.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

this fat ass joint and kick ass relaxing buzz knowing I can sleep as late as I want tomorrow.  bliss.

Jon T.

Nice Teo.  

I'm about to head out to the beach for the day.  The Blue Angels have their homecoming show today.  Anyone ever see these guys fly?  I've watched them fly my whole life and they still blow me away.  BoS, can I get a witness?

Brad, have you seen them?  Might be right up you alley.  I think they were in Huntsville a couple of weeks ago.

TheBigChicken

what beach Jon? I haven't been to the beach in a long time.
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Jon T.

Quotewhat beach Jon? I haven't been to the beach in a long time.

I live in Gulf Breeze (former UFO capital of the world  :-/).  It's just east of Pensacola.  So, Pensacola Beach, to answer your question.  I have a lot of friends in town so I just left there less than 5 hours ago.  I'm drinking some coffee, trying to shake out the cobwebs and I'm about to do it all over again.

mjkoehler

Fresh Watermelon and fresh, sweet, not tasting like fucking styrofoam tomatoes fresh from my garden. We have 60 plants, all with fruits on them. I may have to open a stand in front of my house as we are going to get to the point that we will not be able to keep up. As it is now, my wife and I eat about 4 a day.

getinthevan

Going to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show at the local cinema tonight!  I haven't seen it in a while and never in an actual theater.  The closest I've come is in a college cafeteria.  It should be a whole lot of fun!  Plus they have totally redone the theaters here so I'm excited to see those too.  They used to be really run down and the owner's unwillingness to put any money into it ran the place into the ground.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Jenny

i just came back from a 2 day camping trip. i've never camped. i've never hiked.
it's not my "thing".
but i went with 3 friends who love that shit, and did four miles up and four miles down.
it rained all night, and there were 4 of us in a 3 person tent. i thought we were gonna get eaten by bears.
but we did it
and i feel good.

now im' going to sleep like a rock.

bowl of soup

QuoteNice Teo.  

I'm about to head out to the beach for the day.  The Blue Angels have their homecoming show today.  Anyone ever see these guys fly?  I've watched them fly my whole life and they still blow me away.  BoS, can I get a witness?

Brad, have you seen them?  Might be right up you alley.  I think they were in Huntsville a couple of weeks ago.

Sorry I missed this.  The Angels coming home was always amazing.  If its good weather they come so close to the beach that you will swear that you feel the whoosh.  The first time I ever drove to P'Cola I was on I-10 and fighters were doing dogfights overhead.  Don't see that everyday.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.