Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManNamedTruth

Thinking about getting MMJ tickets for Columbus to see them for only my second time. :) At least one friend has already expressed interest in going.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

getinthevan

Going to the bar for the first time in months tonight.  Bonus: It's a dueling piano bar!  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

bethofftherecord

moved away.  got settled in.  loving it.  back online.
getting schooled on how to ride public transportation (plenty of missed busses)

getting ready to see MMJ in a few weeks!   [smiley=beer.gif]
nothing can be changed except ourselves

j_rud

The entire next week:
Monday: Labor Day
Wednesday: start of vacation (off until next Monday), MMJ @ DC
Thursday: Giants open title defense with Redskins
Friday: MMJ @ Philly
Saturday: Red Bull SoapBox Derby Race in Manayunk
Sunday: Sleep. All day.
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

Salacious D

QuoteThe entire next week:
Wow. Sweet life. Enjoy your week :)
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

the_wizzard

Quotemoved away.  got settled in.  loving it.  back online.

Welcome to P-town Bethofftherecord!  I saw this post and realized that you moved to our fair city.  If you see a gaggle of kids roll off a rented bus for Edgefield, call out my name (Liz).  It will be my most identifying trait at that show.  Let me know how it goes in P-town, I've lived here for 10 years now and can help you navigate our lovely home.

ManNamedTruth

Welcome back! You picked a good time to not be here.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

YouAre_GivenToFly

QuoteThe entire next week:

Wednesday: Class, MMJ in DC
Thursday: Class
Friday: MMJ in Philly
Sunday: Phillies/Mets at Shea
Monday: Class 8-5

This should be... interesting.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

vespachick

Welcome to P-town Bethofftherecord!  I saw this post and realized that you moved to our fair city.  If you see a gaggle of kids roll off a rented bus for Edgefield, call out my name (Liz).  It will be my most identifying trait at that show.  Let me know how it goes in P-town, I've lived here for 10 years now and can help you navigate our lovely home.

Hells ya!  Welcome to Stumptown BethOTR!!  Give us a ring if you need anything! 8-)
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

mjkoehler

This just brings a smile to my face and I have no idea why or where my daughter picked this up. My 6 YO baby girl utters the following phrase all the time (and in correct context too).  ;D

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Jon T.

QuoteThis just brings a smile to my face and I have no idea why or where my daughter picked this up. My 6 YO baby girl utters the following phrase all the time (and in correct context too).  ;D

That is hilarious MJ.  I just got back from a guy's weekend where  me and a bunch of friends met up in Tallahassee, FL.  We drafted our fantasy football teams, played golf, played a ridiculous amount of poker and basically just gambled on any and everything we could.  The phrase of the weekend- "winner winner chicken dinner"

mjkoehler

QuoteThis just brings a smile to my face and I have no idea why or where my daughter picked this up. My 6 YO baby girl utters the following phrase all the time (and in correct context too).  ;D

That is hilarious MJ.  I just got back from a guy's weekend where  me and a bunch of friends met up in Tallahassee, FL.  We drafted our fantasy football teams, played golf, played a ridiculous amount of poker and basically just gambled on any and everything we could.  The phrase of the weekend- "winner winner chicken dinner"
Nice. I actually have no clue what the hell the phrase really means other then the southern version of Yatzhee!?!! That, and chicken dinners f'n rule.

Jon T.

Nice. I actually have no clue what the hell the phrase really means other then the southern version of Yatzhee!?!! That, and chicken dinners f'n rule.

It's an old gambling term.  That's what is so funny about your daughter saying it.

And, hell yeah, chicken dinners rule!

Ellis D.

Gentle Gustav rain.

bowl of soup

It's an old gambling term.  That's what is so funny about your daughter saying it.

There used to be one of those guys who sold "lead pipe locks" on the radio and that was his catch-phrase.  I've been trying to get my daughters to say it all week - they think I've lost my mind.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

mjkoehler

OK that makes it even funnier.

getinthevan

I am over 95% done with the EP I've been mixing for my friend's band.  It may actually be done, I just need to listen to it a couple times to make sure.  

getinthevan

I just found a bootleg for the Bright Eyes show I went to in 2005.

bearass

this pot pie im eating is fuckin delicious mmmm i love pot pie

mjkoehler

Pot pies are pretty tasty. Glad you didn't go you love pot.....pies.