Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

QuoteKerrie and I pretty much have all of the major stuff needed for our new place (That we don't have yet), soon though! We're looking to move by January. I can't wait to wake up on saturday mornings and throw a record on and cook a sweet breakfast for us and just relax.

Did I miss your Current Joys post about you guys getting back together?   If so, glad to hear it! :)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteKerrie and I pretty much have all of the major stuff needed for our new place (That we don't have yet), soon though! We're looking to move by January. I can't wait to wake up on saturday mornings and throw a record on and cook a sweet breakfast for us and just relax.

Did I miss your Current Joys post about you guys getting back together?   If so, glad to hear it! :)

No, I didn't post one.  ;D But yes, we are back together.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteOh yeah, they are called An Albatross from grand ol' Wilkes-Barre, PA.

Their music probably wouldn't go over that well here, they are insane.  

;D

Anytime you see a frontman work the crowd like that, you gotta give props! That's pretty sweet Ghosts!

He is quite the frontman. I don't know him that well, I know him but I wouldn't say we're friends. I used to work with him when I was 16 doing surveys over the phone  ;D. I'm friends with the guitar player.
Anywho, this picture is awesome.

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

getinthevan

I'm moving out of Nashville in 5 days and will get to spend 3 weeks with friends and family in Michigan.  I'm in love with a girl I've known for half my life and I couldn't be happier with how everything is coming together.  I'm moving to Denver in about a month to be with her and get a fresh start in life.  It's been a really rough year but things are looking up and it's great to be ending a lousy year on a good note.

I miss the internet and I miss being a regular on the forum.  Hopefully that can resume at some point in the near future.

I have a growler of Yazoo Pale Ale and it's treating me quite well this evening.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

AMightyCaporal

Carrie and I are looking for an apartment to move into by January as well... I have the same thoughts about Saturday mornings... I cannot friggin' wait!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

ALady

QuoteI am officially finished with a refinishing project I've been working on. I LOVE finding ould, strange pieces and making them good again. This is a dresser that we found in my wife's G-ma's attic. Seriously, you cannot find wood like this anywhere. Kept the color as natural as possible. I did have to use a very light stain to even out the coloring as it was bleached in a few spots. Tung Oil finish. Link shoud work, even for those not on Facebook. I might snag photos of some of the other pieces I've done the last few years.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=43197&id=1371835020&l=d74e216527

Very cool, mjk!  How did you learn how to refinish things?  I'd like to try refinishing some of my dumpster finds, but have no idea where to start...so they just sit in my storage space.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

mjkoehler

QuoteI am officially finished with a refinishing project I've been working on. I LOVE finding ould, strange pieces and making them good again. This is a dresser that we found in my wife's G-ma's attic. Seriously, you cannot find wood like this anywhere. Kept the color as natural as possible. I did have to use a very light stain to even out the coloring as it was bleached in a few spots. Tung Oil finish. Link shoud work, even for those not on Facebook. I might snag photos of some of the other pieces I've done the last few years.

Very cool, mjk!  How did you learn how to refinish things?  I'd like to try refinishing some of my dumpster finds, but have no idea where to start...so they just sit in my storage space.
Watching way to many episodes of This Old House and New Yankee Workshop! I cannot build anything new to save my life however. I just experimented with things till I found what worked. A good stripper is hard to come by.....as you want to avoid sanding when possible.

Or just know peeps who know how to do it and are easily bribed with beer.

ALady

Watching way to many episodes of This Old House and New Yankee Workshop! I cannot build anything new to save my life however. I just experimented with things till I found what worked. [highlight]A good stripper is hard to come by[/highlight].....as you want to avoid sanding when possible.

Man, if I had a nickel...   ;)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

mjkoehler

Watching way to many episodes of This Old House and New Yankee Workshop! I cannot build anything new to save my life however. I just experimented with things till I found what worked. [highlight]A good stripper is hard to come by[/highlight].....as you want to avoid sanding when possible.

Man, if I had a nickel...   ;)
If [highlight]I[/highlight] had a nickle for everytime... ::) ;)

edit: upload additional pieces.

Janet

My home laptop died last week and I had to endure a long weekend with no computer!  I thought I was going to have to replace it, but alas, I took it in to work and my IT guys were able to resurrect it!  Tragedy narrowly averted!

Sian-of-the-dead

It's cold, it's the first day of December, there's ice everywhere and it feels like Christmas!!  :D
Don't let 'em take who you are boy, and don't try to be who you ain't...

megalicious

tomorrow is friday. :'( <--tears of joy
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

mjkoehler

Department Xmas dinner. For me, the majority was Sapporo and Sake since it was at a Hibachi place and I hate 1 of my 6 bosses (yes I have 6 bosses). I seriously cannot see straight right now and I feeeeeel good.

BH

Quotetomorrow is friday. :'( <--tears of joy

I hope you're carrying an alligator skin bag on Sunday morning meg!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

miss gradenko

QuoteIt's cold, it's the first day of December, there's ice everywhere and it feels like Christmas!!  :D

I'm happy for the opposite reason... the start of summer! It is sunny and warm here, and it also feels like Christmas! I mean, our kind of Christmas with pool parties and barbeques.  :)

megalicious

i second this emotion

Penny Lane

i second this emotion

me too! HATE HATE HATE FL (for obvious reasons)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

megalicious

during gameday last saturday morning, i saw this dude holding up a sign that said "drink every time they say tebow."

;D

i can't wait for the game tomorrow. going to watch it w/ my granddad... only complaint is that verne lundquist and gary danielson are doing the play-by-play. i can't stand to watch a game called by those two.

but, whatever. RTR!

Ruckus

Quoteduring gameday last saturday morning, i saw this dude holding up a sign that said "drink every time they say tebow."

;D

;D I've definitely played drinking games back in the day on Monday Night Football where you had to drink every time John Madden said Brett Favre during Packers games.  That was too many shots by halftime! ;D

You don't like Verne Lunquist?
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

TEO

Got a very colorful and creative hand made Christmas card from my old buddy cola... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary